HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Friday, March 16th Jets Game Day Papers (No Bogo today, Jets sign Julian Melchiori)

Old
03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Friday, March 16th Jets Game Day Papers (No Bogo today, Jets sign Julian Melchiori)

Friday, March 16th Jets Game Day Papers

Note: Guys we have switched over to a new format, which many of you helped create through your valuable input. When you flip over to read the Morning Papers, do me a favour and give the site a quick perusal and let me know (on here is fine) what you like and dislike. For the record we will be cleaning up the Features part of the site. Anyways, your thoughts/ideas/critiques are valuable. Thanks.

Note II: No Bogo tonight.

Note III: The Winnipeg Jets today announced they have signed defenceman Julian Melchiori to a three-year entry level contract. He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the third round, 87th overall, in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

Note IV: Running the ever popular Guess the 50/50 amount the winner will take home. We had close to 100 guesses last time. And while you can't win our touqe model, you can win an ever popular touque. To enter simply @tweet us @illegalcurve

Jets news:

Winnipeg Free Press: It’s a big game, indeed. The Jets started playing playoff hockey around game 17 when this notion that every next game was the next ‘most important game of the year’. Finally, tonight’s game against 8th place Washington represents that sentiment. It is a 4 point game. If you want to have a glimmer of hope at catching a team like the Capitals, this game is a ‘must win’.

Winnipeg Free Press: Monsters at home, weaklings on the road. The Jets play at home versus on the road reminds me of that old garbage bag commercial, “Hefty, Hefty, Hefty, Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy”. Coach Noel is clearly sick of talking about it anymore as he expressed in yesterday’s presser. Simply put, if the Jets want to play in the playoffs, they will need to win the majority of their 7 remaining road games against some tough opponents like the Penguins, Rangers and these very same Washington Capitals next Friday at Verizon Center.

Winnipeg Sun: News and Notes. Jets, Caps playoff pressure equals paranoia. New experiences for young guns. Modified GST with Fehr might be lining up opposite Ovi. Hairy situation (or as IC is hashtagging it #beardstrength).

Winnipeg Sun: Jury’s out on Jets. Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Are the Jets good enough to make the playoffs? Since the beginning of the season that has been the subject of debate. Now with a dozen games left we will see if these Jets can go 8-4 to hit the 90 point mark, which just might be enough to finish in the playoffs.

Winnipeg Sun: Overtime (video). Nicole Dubé and Ted Wyman talk about what the Winnipeg Jets needs to do to keep their NHL playoff hopes alive.

Illegal Curve: Coach Noel presser. Good start to the homestand. Home vs. Road success. Jets with big leads changes style. Riding Pavelec for rest of season. Different Capitals teams than previously faced? Fans add to Jets success at home (deserve credit). Accountability. Bogosian remains day-to-day.

Next opponent news – Washington Capitals:

Washington Post: Nicklas Backstrom on recovery from concussion – “Right now I feel good”. Crosby’s story is a cautionary tale for any recovering from a concussion.

Washington Times: Backstrom progress overshadowed by Ovechkin scare. Should be interesting to hear what Caps coach Dale Hunter has to say about the status of his star player today at practice.

For the Jets and Capitals news click here.

Last edited by ICdave: 03-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:23 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Site looks pretty good!

But I have one comment....

I would be more then willing to buy a pink tuque and wear it around town... but only if she comes with it

So does she?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:25 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Site looks pretty good!

But I have one comment....

I would be more then willing to buy a pink tuque and wear it around town... but only if she comes with it

So does she?
Buy a touque and find out....

Old
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Site doesn't work using the safari browser on my iPad.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Ziggy66

The Good: the ease of finding information is there and there is alot of good info.

The Bad: not very eye pleasing aesthetically.

The Really Good: Girl in Pink touque

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

The Story: Tonight’s hockey game between the Winnipeg Jets and Washington Capitals is to the Eastern Conference playoff race what sunglasses are to Bono’s look- huge.

To read Ezzy's preview click here.

Guys, thanks for the comments. Keep them coming. If you have to be harsh, feel free to! But be as specific as possible. Your input will help shape the site.

Last edited by ICdave: 03-16-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old
03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Tdoe42

Content wise its top notch...

I think its better then before but you are Misusing the first page with that huge twitter box and huge TSN 1290 link. I'd like too see better use of that space like quick link's or next game ect...

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Huffer

1st off, major props to you for continually giving us all of this info (interviews, articles, etc).

Regarding the site, I agree with Tdoe42. I don't see the need for the large twitter box on the right hand side. And I especially don't see the need to see who has joined the IC Facebook site. Hey look, some dude named Bob joined!! Great.

There should be many better uses for that space on the right (stats, schedule, article links, etc).

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Guys I agree.

Facebook is being dropped for the current Standings. Twitter possible for the Jets schedule.

Keep the ideas flowing!!

Old
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

Pink touque? I missed it...all I can see is a stupid Shaw ad.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:56 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Pink touque? I missed it...all I can see is a stupid Shaw ad.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:11 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Wheeler & Little support Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter

If you are looking to support a great cause or you just want to meet a member of the Winnipeg Jets, tomorrow at 3062 Portage Avenue you can meet both Blake Wheeler and Bryan Little. They will be at the Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter as part of the Helping Hero fundraiser from 2 pm until 3:30 pm. Both Jets players are big pet guys and are actively involved in helping out this charity.

To learn more click here.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Same good content with sharper look = win.

I like the Twitter feed, especially when you link right to the audio, ie. Noel's interviews. Twitter feeds don't work if they aren't constantly updated but you guys don't have that problem. I think it would be cool to see have the Jets players tweets on there too. Can you do that or just IC tweets? Then again, with the frequency that Bogo tweets it may collapse your site.

Thank you for the constant flow of Jets news.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgMikos View Post
Pink touque?...I am not seeing any pink touque...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Pink touque?...I am not seeing any pink touque...
Agree. Do not see.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 05:29 PM
sully1410

So will Ovechkin the Chump-kin be playing tonight?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
The site looks great! New start site, which unfortunetly probably is going to bite me in the ass some morning when I haven't watched the game yet and is opening the web browser... I guess I will just have to watch all games in real time to avoid that!

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote