HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League XLII

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 07:18 PM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
I agree, at least Samuelson can shoot and get some rebound/in close goals. And he's not bad on the PP point if needed - he get's shots through pretty consistently.

And he can be a Sedin linemate in a pinch.

Shame we couldn't have kept Samuelson somehow.
He would be so useful in the playoffs.......I remember the LA series....he and the sedins won that series.......so good and he score the OT goal

Old
03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
timw33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Don't think the Bruins organization would have done any sort of trade with us after the SCF.
Ryder was UFA who signed with Dallas for 2 years at 3.5M a piece.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:

OH GOD. I'm laughing harder than I should be.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I am getting fed up with players being challenged after legal hits.
I'll bet you all my v-cash that I'm more fed up with that than you. May as well start going after guys for making nice passes or finishing their checks.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Wetcoaster

Flyers up 1-0 on a goal by Kyle's younger, bigger and better conditioned brother Eric Wellwood.

Ovechkin has been benched by Hunter and has only played 8:12 in this game over two periods.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I'll bet you all my v-cash that I'm more fed up with that than you. May as well start going after guys for making nice passes or finishing their checks.
Or follow the lead of Dale Hunter and take the guy out well after he scores a goal and embarrasses you when you hand him a scoring chance.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
flack

Quote:
Oh I see. Him on the second line instead of Raymond is probably significantly better.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
luongoisdaman

Another shootout in a CGY game.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Oh man Don Cherry just asked the coach for a trade, watching his movie hahahah complaining about ice time and asked for a trade to the coach hahaha god the timing of this movie.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Another shootout in a CGY game.
Dallas wins easily, Benn and Eriksson just destroyed Kipper.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
luongoisdaman

Very important 2 pts for Dallas. Now 2 pts ahead of the Sharks, but SJS has 2 GIH on them. CGY now tied with COL for 10th, but the Avs are up 2-0 on the Wild.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Those were the same faces he made after Hodgson burned him.
Who?

Old
03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Stamkos is like Ovechkin if Ovechkin has the work ethic and determination to try and stay at the top. That's why you don't hand out decade long contracts if you're not going to get a discount and if you're not sure what the character of your player is. George McPhee is probably going to get fired with a few games left in the season.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

vCash: 53
Really pulling for COL/CGY to get 8th.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Stamkos is like Ovechkin if Ovechkin has the work ethic and determination to try and stay at the top. That's why you don't hand out decade long contracts if you're not going to get a discount and if you're not sure what the character of your player is. George McPhee is probably going to get fired with a few games left in the season.
Ovechkin was the best player in the world. So maybe it seemed like a discount at the time. We forget now but for a couple years Ovy was the best player and Malkin might have been better than Crosby as well. Mcphee bet on the best player in the world continuing the trend. If Backstrom and Green return to form Washington and Ovy can bounce back. I would still take him over Nash. Better to be a has been than a never was. To be honest though I would be nervous about any decade long contract without a major discount. Players have lost it quickly often without injury also even those with good character get hurt and are never the same. Lindros, Kariya, Nasland and the great Lafleur lost "it" never to get it back again. Gretzky went from the best to a very good player very fast as well. To know a player will still be the same ten years later is alot more luck than judgement.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:45 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Nash has elevated his play to improve his chances of getting a good team interested since the trade talk.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:18 AM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Who?
Evan Oberg!

Old
03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Nash has elevated his play to improve his chances of getting a good team interested since the trade talk.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was bummed he did't get traded because I have him in my keeper league and I didn't want him floating the rest of the season... either sulking, not caring or just playing to avoid getting hit or hurt. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

Old
03-05-2012, 11:52 AM
metric

Magic Number Update

Detroit Red Wings - 32
St. Louis Blues - 32
Nashville Predators - 28
San Jose Sharks - 20
Phoenix Coyotes - 20
Chicago Blackhawks - 20
Dallas Stars - 18
Los Angeles Kings - 17
Calgary Flames - 13
Colorado Avalanche - 13
Minnesota Wild - 9
Anaheim Ducks - 3
Edmonton Oilers - 3

Old
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
Anaheim at 3? How does that work?

Old
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I want to see instigators and misconducts for this on a regular basis. It's stupid as hell, and has done more to make the NHL the "No Hit League" than any of the rules enacted to protect players' heads, something the Neanderthals haven't figured out yet.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Ovechkin was the best player in the world. So maybe it seemed like a discount at the time. We forget now but for a couple years Ovy was the best player and Malkin might have been better than Crosby as well. Mcphee bet on the best player in the world continuing the trend. If Backstrom and Green return to form Washington and Ovy can bounce back. I would still take him over Nash. Better to be a has been than a never was. To be honest though I would be nervous about any decade long contract without a major discount. Players have lost it quickly often without injury also even those with good character get hurt and are never the same. Lindros, Kariya, Nasland and the great Lafleur lost "it" never to get it back again. Gretzky went from the best to a very good player very fast as well. To know a player will still be the same ten years later is alot more luck than judgement.
Who of us is the same person we were ten years ago? Marriage, kids, injuries, coaching changes...all of this impacts a player. I don't know why a player would want the pressure and intense scrutiny of a ten year contract, or why a team would want the albatross of the term.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

I know why a player would want a ten year contract... Long term security in case of injury. Now teams, I have no clue why they sign them.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I know why a player would want a ten year contract... Long term security in case of injury. Now teams, I have no clue why they sign them.
Fair point, but I think a contract that long can actually kill your career, because you make yourself untradeable if the team goes through a decline. The focus then shifts to your contract, and the blame falls squarely on you alone. How many posts criticizing Luongo at the start of the year referenced his contract? Quite a few. yet he was FAR from the only problem the team was exhibiting.
If I was an agent, I don't know if I'd advise a young client to take an Ehrhoff deal. I'd rather a higher salary for shorter term, and insure the guy to the hilt.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Fair point, but I think a contract that long can actually kill your career, because you make yourself untradeable if the team goes through a decline. The focus then shifts to your contract, and the blame falls squarely on you alone. How many posts criticizing Luongo at the start of the year referenced his contract? Quite a few. yet he was FAR from the only problem the team was exhibiting.
If I was an agent, I don't know if I'd advise a young client to take an Ehrhoff deal. I'd rather a higher salary for shorter term, and insure the guy to the hilt.
Case in point, Wade Redden. He'd probably be in the NHL somewhere if he wasn't making such a hideous amount of money for such an extended period.

Closed Thread