HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Carlyle for Adams! - Leafs win 3-1 in Montreal

Old
03-03-2012, 10:28 PM
anderson3133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I think Burke is even worse then these bi-polar individuals.

I am not contemplating a coaching change and then in less then a week he fires Wilson.

It is really difficult to believe or trust Burke these days. He is seriously lacking creditibily and I don't blame those who suffer bipolarity because of Burke.
What do you think he was going to say? "Yes, yes I am." You, of all people, complain about how he is somewhat deceitful and now you've turned it into a "bipolarity" argument. You are a piece of work.

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post
I would love a high pick in the draft ... BUT ... I LOVE to see the team play well and win!!!

I'll take what I get if they win, and worry about the draft when it comes. There's NO WAY I would want the players to play poorly - it's time for losing to become unnacceptable!
Honestly if the team adapts and works under Carlyle's system then it'd be way better then a top 10 pick.

Look at NYR under Torts or the Bruins under Claude Julien. Two good teams that didn't tank for amazing talent.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

i know it's only 1 game .... but Carlyle looks like an awesome coach .... outcoached Cunneyworth (or w.e his name is) so badly ....

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Dont sweat it Moose... Apparently after a win everyone forgets what they know.
Seriously?? I don't even know what you are implying?? I FORGET THAT THE LAST 40 YEARS i WAN'T THE lEAFS TO WIN???

I forget that there are a bunch of fools on this board that want the Leafs to lose because of a DAMN DRAFT PICK???

I have never ever wavered, **** the draft picks...win win and more wins,

Anyone who tells me the Pens were not going to get Crosby is a Damn fool....I knew it all along or that franchise was moved or dead!!!

Does anyone here think that Crosby was going to be a Leaf or a Hab or a Canuck???
We are talking Bettman here!!!

AHHH **** it!!!!!

even if the Leafs wind up in 6th from the bottom...the effing draft is held behind closed doors!!!

Does any idiot here think that the Leafs are getting the number 2 pick???? Seriously???

Last edited by OlderTimer*: 03-03-2012 at 10:38 PM.
OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:36 PM
topched

Quote:
I think Burke is even worse then these bi-polar individuals.

I am not contemplating a coaching change and then in less then a week he fires Wilson.

It is really difficult to believe or trust Burke these days. He is seriously lacking creditibily and I don't blame those who suffer bipolarity because of Burke.
Yeah you're right. Burke should be brutally honest always... something like:

"Yeah Ronny's in some deep **** right now, I've got a gun to his head, if he doesn't pull this team's head out of its ***, i'm gonna pull the trigger and splatter his brains all over bay street"

That'd go over real well with the team, media and fans I'm sure.

topched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:39 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
What do you think he was going to say? "Yes, yes I am." You, of all people, complain about how he is somewhat deceitful and now you've turned it into a "bipolarity" argument. You are a piece of work.
He should say "None of your business"

Once you get to know Burke, you will see the facade and see he it not much different, but a more polished version of hot air blowing Cherry.

number72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
No my friend, he shouldnt say it exactly like that but in a more subtle way, like:

"No, I am not going to fire Ron wilson right now." Then follow that with a "no comment" on his future, a sly wink and its all good. But he didnt, therefore burke must be bipolar.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:

Once you get to know Burke, you will see the facade and see he it not much different, but a more polished version of hot air blowing Cherry.
"None of your business" means yes. Especially after years of, "there is no way I am going to fire ron wilson. He is not going anywhere."

If he does this, he causes a needles controversy in the biggest hockey market in the world. Yes, that would be smart.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:44 PM
JackJ

Excellent warm up for Tuesdays game against the Bruins.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
TiMo15

The next Boston will be a good test under the new coach although the change of winning this game is pretty slim.

TiMo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
rj24

I know it's just the first game but I noticed a huge difference in the team tonight. A lot more structure and a lot less giveaways and odd man rushes against.

rj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMo15 View Post
The next Boston will be a good test under the new coach although the change of winning this game is pretty slim.
Agreed. Huge test! Would love to see the same system implemented for that game.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:48 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
"None of your business" means yes. Especially after years of, "there is no way I am going to fire ron wilson. He is not going anywhere."

If he does this, he causes a needles controversy in the biggest hockey market in the world. Yes, that would be smart.
Why do you bash on leaf fans who are ecstatic with the team when they win and want to tank when they lose 4 in a row.

But when Burke waffles, changes his mind and does the opposite of what he say, you say that is not a concern?

This is not the first time he has waffled or mislead fans
1. My teams are truculence, pugancity...blah blah
2. I build from the net out
3. Firing Wilson

He says one thing and does the opposite. Burke has been as inconsistent as the leafs and leaf fans under Wilson. And at times yes bipolar.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:

I have seen more than my share of facades of GM's with this team, maybe you have or Haven't...i don't know where you get your info from...but you are blowing more hot wind than Cherry and Burke put together!!!

I have seem them all for nearly 50+ years...i CAN TELL YOU bURKE IS THE best gm THIS TEAM HAS EVER HAD...Unfortuantely....YOU DON"T KNOW IT!!!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Honestly if the team adapts and works under Carlyle's system then it'd be way better then a top 10 pick.

Look at NYR under Torts or the Bruins under Claude Julien. Two good teams that didn't tank for amazing talent.
Pretty much what I've alluded to all along. Losing now doesn't necessarily mean winning later.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:51 PM
JackJ

Phaneuf Gardiner
Gunnarsson Schenn
Liles Komisarek

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:57 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

man, you can just tell how much carlyle hates lupul. the guy is clearly having an off night and he gives him the most ice time of any forward on the team!

clearly, he is trying to embarrass him by playing him so much on a night when he just doesn't have it.

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
diceman934

Great game by the Leafs. Schenn, huge hits , Komi real solid. Frattin was huge as was the whole line. Our 3rd line tonight played well and got a lot of ice time.

Loved Don Cherry tonight....all of the people on here always attacked Burke for loving American born players and because Cherry is pissed at Burke and states the truth....people on here jab at Cherry. He has forgotten more about hockey than most know.

Burke is an idiot....and I do not care as long as he stops making stupid free agent signings. number 24 looked horrible and I expect his minutes to drop if he does not pick it up...Franson in Lilies out.

A good start for coach Carlyle...loved the energy. Win the next one and we will roll.

diceman934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
I have seen more than my share of facades of GM's with this team, maybe you have or Haven't...i don't know where you get your info from...but you are blowing more hot wind than Cherry and Burke put together!!!

I have seem them all for nearly 50+ years...i CAN TELL YOU bURKE IS THE best gm THIS TEAM HAS EVER HAD...Unfortuantely....YOU DON"T KNOW IT!!!
I agree guys like Ballard was terrible and more recently JFJ made some bad choices as well. Quinn and Fletcher version 1 (not the more recent attempt) were pretty good. THose teams made decent playoff pushes. Though, for me Burke is pretty unimpressive as a GM four years in. He has done a good job with the prospects but after four years but has been ineffective of making a difference for the leafs.

Old
03-03-2012, 11:00 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Didn't get to see the game tonight.
How was Gus? .955 save % looks pretty convincing. Also,he looked good in game in 6 minutes.

iArts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
People don't understand the business of hockey. In fact, they probably don't understand simple language things in daily life such as sarcasm. Things have to be literal to some people or they just don't get it.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post

Oh they know it. They choose not to see it. All they see is the mediocrity of the present and they go "OMG FIRE THEM ALL". So many people can't see the bigger picture.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
How was Gus? .955 save % looks pretty convincing. Also,he looked good in game in 6 minutes.
He looked good once he sobered up.

LC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:06 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

YES MANNNN THAT FELT GOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! couple that with a club night...Racks on racks on racks

LolungoReboundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Shaky at first, but he settled in and really battled for pucks. Really shut the door after the first period

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote