HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2012, 06:19 AM
  #826
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
You can say that any CHL player can be lazy. Especially the more talented ones. Some nights they lack motivation. It happens. They are young. This stuff can be worked out with alot of them. Hall had the same knocks on him for a while until Boughner hammered them out.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:20 AM
  #827
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
You can say that any CHL player can be lazy. Especially the more talented ones. Some nights they lack motivation. It happens. They are young. This stuff can be worked out with alot of them. Hall had the same knocks on him for a while until Boughner hammered them out.
Huh?

Hall is about the opposite of Grigorenko. Relies as much of grit and driving the net, going into traffic as pure skill. even when he isn't scoring he may create things for linemates...sort of like a more skilled version of Cole.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
  #828
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Frk had injury problems.

Bussières is just lazy.
Saw Frk play last night and wasn't too impressed...though the whole team sucked and lost 7-1...seems like he is playing scared of traffic and not making things happen. Possibly a side effect of the concussion. I think the fact that it's a relatively weak draft in the 15-45 range will help him, but he is a wild card that could drop to late 2nd or early 3rd.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
  #829
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Huh?

Hall is about the opposite of Grigorenko. Relies as much of grit and driving the net, going into traffic as pure skill. even when he isn't scoring he may create things for linemates...sort of like a more skilled version of Cole.
I never compared ony player to another in style of play. I only stated that young players all have people commenting on their "lack of motivation" or lazyness. Some are deserved some are just from being young but many players 18 and under have the same "issue" with the critics. The key is knowing which ones really are lazy and which ones are like that genius kid in 5th grade who is just so bored from the lack of a challenge that his daily effort level is low, give him a real challenge and you'll see him shine.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
  #830
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
Say Edmonton wants to move down a pick or two to take a defenseman (not saying they would or will) what do people think the cost would be to swap picks with them?

YMCMBeaulieu is online now  
Old
03-09-2012, 07:31 AM
  #831
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 358
I couldnt find it anywhere so I am going to try to put together this years draft list for the habs.

2012 draft picks

1st
2nd
2nd From Nashville
3rd
4th
no 5th - Montreal had 3 different 2012 5th round picks at one point in time, trading their own away to the Islanders in the James Wisniewski trade, acquiring Columbus 5th rounder when dealing Wisniewski's rights before including it as part of the Mike Cammalleri/Rene Bourque trade to Calgary, and acquiring Anaheim's 5th rounder in the Maxim Lapierre trade before sending it back to Anaheim later last season for Paul Mara.
6th
no 7th - Montreal dealt their 7th round pick this year in the Petteri Nokelainen trade with Phoenix.

charlie is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
  #832
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Say Edmonton wants to move down a pick or two to take a defenseman (not saying they would or will) what do people think the cost would be to swap picks with them?
Probably one of our 2nd's. It's not like EDM has a lot of leverage since everyone knows their situation.

I think it will be more likely they try to sell the pick outright to the highest bidder and try to nab a young NHL ready defenseman. They have a lot of pressure to at least compete for a playoff spot next season.

MM425 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
  #833
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru
 
AlexGalchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
What are the chances if:
we finish 28th and Edmonton finishes 29th,
We trade our 3rd overall pick to them for the 2nd overall and Yannick Weber? Helps them fill a need and Weber could develop into an offensive option for them?
Is it enough? I'm not sure. Something I've been wondering about and wanted outside opinion.
So to MTL: 2nd overall pick
to EDM: 3rd overall pick + Yannick Weber

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
  #834
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizniewski View Post
What are the chances if:
we finish 28th and Edmonton finishes 29th,
We trade our 3rd overall pick to them for the 2nd overall and Yannick Weber? Helps them fill a need and Weber could develop into an offensive option for them?
Is it enough? I'm not sure. Something I've been wondering about and wanted outside opinion.
So to MTL: 2nd overall pick
to EDM: 3rd overall pick + Yannick Weber
Edmonton will most probably pick a D anyways, so no need to move up to # 2

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:38 AM
  #835
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Edmonton will most probably pick a D anyways, so no need to move up to # 2
I agree, our biggest concern should be that Edmonton trades down to #4 or 5 and that team takes the player we want.

If I were Edmonton, I would do this in a second, because despite some people saying that Edmonton's defense situation isn't that bad......it really is pretty bad compared to their forwards. They should trade to 4 or 5 and pick up Murray, Dumba or Trouba.

But as long as we pick 3rd I will be happy. At #3 we are guaranteed Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. I would thrilled with either one.

HabsSlappy is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:40 AM
  #836
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I agree, our biggest concern should be that Edmonton trades down to #4 or 5 and that team takes the player we want.

If I were Edmonton, I would do this in a second, because despite some people saying that Edmonton's defense situation isn't that bad......it really is pretty bad compared to their forwards. They should trade to 4 or 5 and pick up Murray, Dumba or Trouba.

But as long as we pick 3rd I will be happy. At #3 we are guaranteed Grigorenko or Galchenyuk. I would thrilled with either one.
exactly so in the end we will be comfortable with the #3 selection. Oilers still have time to pass us and the Jackets are on a roll

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:41 AM
  #837
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizniewski View Post
What are the chances if:
we finish 28th and Edmonton finishes 29th,
We trade our 3rd overall pick to them for the 2nd overall and Yannick Weber? Helps them fill a need and Weber could develop into an offensive option for them?
Is it enough? I'm not sure. Something I've been wondering about and wanted outside opinion.
So to MTL: 2nd overall pick
to EDM: 3rd overall pick + Yannick Weber

So... Edmonton will pick a D... BUT we still give them Weber to pick a forward before them... NHL 12 HERE I COME

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:42 AM
  #838
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I never compared ony player to another in style of play. I only stated that young players all have people commenting on their "lack of motivation" or lazyness. Some are deserved some are just from being young but many players 18 and under have the same "issue" with the critics. The key is knowing which ones really are lazy and which ones are like that genius kid in 5th grade who is just so bored from the lack of a challenge that his daily effort level is low, give him a real challenge and you'll see him shine.
I could live with the inconsistency if Grigorenko wasn't so scared of traffic. The fact that he is Russian, like it or not will play into where he gets drafted. having the KHL means that he could bolt after 1 or 2 years like Radulov did before his ELC is up.

Plyers from other nations are more likely to stick it out if their career takes 3-5 years to get going like Gagner, Koivu(Mikko), Ryan, E.Johnson, Brassard, Burns etc

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  #839
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I could live with the inconsistency if Grigorenko wasn't so scared of traffic. The fact that he is Russian, like it or not will play into where he gets drafted. having the KHL means that he could bolt after 1 or 2 years like Radulov did before his ELC is up.

Plyers from other nations are more likely to stick it out if their career takes 3-5 years to get going like Gagner, Koivu(Mikko), Ryan, E.Johnson, Brassard, Burns etc
And that's where you hope you hired good scouts that can tell the difference between true laziness and someone who needs to be pushed harder.

It is this reason (mostly) that I say Galchenyuk is Timmins' choice out of Grigs/Galchenyuk. He's afraid of the "russian" factor as well coming into play.

Not that I see either taking very long to break out. Maybe in their 2nd full seasons, they just seem too talented not to.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:54 AM
  #840
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
So... Edmonton will pick a D... BUT we still give them Weber to pick a forward before them... NHL 12 HERE I COME
Technically wouldn't it be NHL 13 because it's the Summer by then? Geez, if your going to make fun of someone get your facts straight.


Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:54 AM
  #841
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
And that's where you hope you hired good scouts that can tell the difference between true laziness and someone who needs to be pushed harder.

It is this reason (mostly) that I say Galchenyuk is Timmins' choice out of Grigs/Galchenyuk. He's afraid of the "russian" factor as well coming into play.

Not that I see either taking very long to break out. Maybe in their 2nd full seasons, they just seem too talented not to.
Same Gagner tore up the OHL and the Oilers are still waiting for a full break out year from him.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
  #842
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Same Gagner tore up the OHL and the Oilers are still waiting for a full break out year from him.
I meant Grigorenko and Galchenyuk. I see them capable of break out 65-70 pt seasons by their 2nd season

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:57 AM
  #843
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
You can say that any CHL player can be lazy. Especially the more talented ones. Some nights they lack motivation. It happens. They are young. This stuff can be worked out with alot of them. Hall had the same knocks on him for a while until Boughner hammered them out.

I once brought a friend to see Hemsky in the last game of the QMJHL season. I sold him as the best prospect of the league. After the game my friend called him the worst player he ever seen and he was right! He spent the whole night lurking between the defensemen it was horrible!


Hemsky turned up alright

Beatnik is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 08:59 AM
  #844
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I once brought a friend to see Hemsky in the last game of the QMJHL season. I sold him as the best prospect of the league. After the game my friend called him the worst player he ever seen and he was right! He spent the whole night lurking between the defensemen it was horrible!


Hemsky turned up alright
Would you take Hemsky over Toews ? Or Alfredsson ? Nuff said.

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
  #845
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I meant Grigorenko and Galchenyuk. I see them capable of break out 65-70 pt seasons by their 2nd season
Yeah but there is a risk that they need 2-3 years to get going. That;s where the KHL $$$ comes in. If Radulov was scoring 40 and making 6 mil he'd still be in Nashville. Being on an ELC for 900k or whatever prompted him to go for the big KHL $$$.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
  #846
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah but there is a risk that they need 2-3 years to get going. That;s where the KHL $$$ comes in. If Radulov was scoring 40 and making 6 mil he'd still be in Nashville. Being on an ELC for 900k or whatever prompted him to go for the big KHL $$$.
You have to understand that the draft is a risk.

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
  #847
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You have to understand that the draft is a risk.
The risk is 2x as high if you draft Russian players, it's a fact of life.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
  #848
habshound247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
While I agree Edmonton should look at defense first, I wouldn't rule them out from taking one of the centers. They lack size down the middle with Gagner and RNH. Galchenyuk, pending return to form from the knee injury or Grigorenko would provide that.

habshound247 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:08 AM
  #849
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Losing the tank battle last night sucked.

I'm now nervous.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
  #850
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
While I agree Edmonton should look at defense first, I wouldn't rule them out from taking one of the centers. They lack size down the middle with Gagner and RNH. Galchenyuk, pending return to form from the knee injury or Grigorenko would provide that.
RNH has elite talent. He overweights alot of ''big'' centers.
It's ridiculously overrated.

Mrb1p is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.