HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 11:42 PM

vCash: 500
It sucks the picks we got for AK (2nd & 5th) are for 2013.

Maybe it just means not many teams were interested.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:49 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
It sucks the picks we got for AK (2nd & 5th) are for 2013.

Maybe it just means not many teams were interested.
A lot of people saying 2013 is a much deeper draft. Might have been for the best.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd think we'd be able to get him with our 3rd
I'd pick him with Nashville second.

Make's everybody happy.
Makes Media happy too(Wich is not super important but still..)

On another note, I've watched pretty much all the stats of the top 30 swede's in the league(Point-wise) and came to the conclusion that Forsberg has normal stats(He's not underproducing.). And at a younger age than most.

Please draft this kid already

Old
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
yeah, whats amazing about watching that forsberg vid is seeing a 17 year old kid stand out against the best 19 year olds in the world

nothing but offensive pressure he creates, positioning is off the charts, and is always eager to SHOOT, if anything just to create a rebound, he also seems to have a bit of razzle and dazzle

id prefer a center, but then again, i just want any of the top 4 picks, i wont be upset with any of yakupov, grigorenko,forsberg or galchenyuk, honest, even if none are canadian, doesnt bother me, thats a load of talent right there

that forsberg kids special tho

Old
03-05-2012, 05:42 AM
katatoniak

I think it would be nice to see all the picks we own in the first post of the thread

Old
03-05-2012, 06:30 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Really liking Bussières' game. Would love to have him with Nashville's 2nd.
Too inconsistent.

37 points in 33 games at the beginning of the season.

3 points in 18 games since then.

Same thing last season.

14 points in Sep-Oct (19 games)

0 point in November (10 games)

21 points in Dec-Jan (23 games)

4 points in Feb-Marc (14 games)

Old
03-05-2012, 06:31 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I think it would be nice to see all the picks we own in the first post of the thread
If the draft was today, here is the picks we would have...

1st
2nd
2nd (Nashville)
3rd
4th
5th (Columbus)
6th

I would like to see us acquire another late 1st or early 2nd also.

Old
03-05-2012, 06:49 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Any chance frk will fall im secomd round? I heard he add a major let down at the prospect combine

Old
03-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Any chance frk will fall im secomd round? I heard he add a major let down at the prospect combine
the letdown was that he couldn't participate due to a concussion he got in the pre-season. He's been playing alot with Drouin since he came to Halifax, giving Drouin more space to do his thing. And Frk has still been producing on every shift. His +/- stats are so low because he's on a line with 2 rookies (and no, not MacKinnon....except on the PP)

If Frk falls to the 2nd rd he'd be a massive steal. He has slick passing skills, a great shot...AND...can play a power game. He loves the physical play. He would be a player I'd target in the late 1st (see 25-30). I'd actually try and trade up for this kid. (Imagine a young Cam Neely...and that's Frk)

Old
03-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Too inconsistent.

37 points in 33 games at the beginning of the season.

3 points in 18 games since then.

Same thing last season.

14 points in Sep-Oct (19 games)

0 point in November (10 games)

21 points in Dec-Jan (23 games)

4 points in Feb-Marc (14 games)

This is why I think Bussières will be available in the 3rd round

Old
03-05-2012, 07:57 AM
FrankMTL

So pretty much everybody thinks its down to 5 players if we pick 2nd...

Grigorenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Murray
Dumba

I guess it would make things easier if we picked 3rd, 4th or 5th as we would have a lot less choice.

The next 2 months are huge in a players developement...There might be a player or two that were thought to go a little later in the first round that will rocket up the rankings into the top 5..

Old
03-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'd think we'd be able to get him with our 3rd
His stock is dropping, he was looking like an early 2nd rounder midseason but his play since has dropped off. Being a late birthday with questionable offense, I think he could drop to the 4th or 5th round unless he picks it up big time.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Really liking Bussières' game. Would love to have him with Nashville's 2nd.
He's a favourite of mine too.

Francis Beauvilier in the 4th round would be a nice pickup.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
the letdown was that he couldn't participate due to a concussion he got in the pre-season. He's been playing alot with Drouin since he came to Halifax, giving Drouin more space to do his thing. And Frk has still been producing on every shift. His +/- stats are so low because he's on a line with 2 rookies (and no, not MacKinnon....except on the PP)

If Frk falls to the 2nd rd he'd be a massive steal. He has slick passing skills, a great shot...AND...can play a power game. He loves the physical play. He would be a player I'd target in the late 1st (see 25-30). I'd actually try and trade up for this kid. (Imagine a young Cam Neely...and that's Frk)
I think Frk could be a steal in the 2nd round, but the concussion is a concern, plus his production hasn't been great since his return and he is a late birthday, so older than a lot of the other prospects(thus should be outproducing them). A big knock on Frk is his conditionning, he wasn't in the best of shape and that's one of the reasons he struggled after coming back.

Not sure how you compare him to Neely, I would compare him to a guy like Okposo but with more question makrs coming in to his draft year.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post

Grigorenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Murray
Dumba

I guess it would make things easier if we picked 3rd, 4th or 5th as we would have a lot less choice.

The next 2 months are huge in a players developement...There might be a player or two that were thought to go a little later in the first round that will rocket up the rankings into the top 5..
I would replace on that list Murray for Faksa

Old
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post

Grigorenko
Forsberg
Galchenyuk
Murray
Dumba

I think so...although given our organization need for a top line forward, and the fact that those two d-men don't appear to stand out from that pack of 5 i'd actually say that its down to Grigorenko, Galchenyuk and Forsberg if we pick in the top 3.

If you've got faith in the Habs scouting staff, then you want to be the ones making the choice and not being "stuck" with the guy that's left out there at 4 or 5.

Galchenyuk is awful interesting...his numbers last year compare quite favorably to what guys like Matt Duchesne and Tyler Seguin were doing at the same age in the OHL.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would replace on that list Murray for Faksa
Faksa won't even go top 10.

Murray is a lock to go top 3-4.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
If the draft was today, here is the picks we would have...

1st
2nd
2nd (Nashville)
3rd
4th
5th (Columbus)
6th

I would like to see us acquire another late 1st or early 2nd also.
That belongs to Calgary.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:45 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Thought some of you might be interested to know that The Copper & Blue has an up-to-date consensus top-100.
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/2/14...ebruary-update

Old
03-05-2012, 08:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

so he fights?

Old
03-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Frk could be a steal in the 2nd round, but the concussion is a concern, plus his production hasn't been great since his return and he is a late birthday, so older than a lot of the other prospects(thus should be outproducing them). A big knock on Frk is his conditionning, he wasn't in the best of shape and that's one of the reasons he struggled after coming back.

Not sure how you compare him to Neely, I would compare him to a guy like Okposo but with more question makrs coming in to his draft year.
His conditioning was not an issue last year when he carried a **** Moosehead squad.

The concussion is a concern, but not overly, and his conditioning this season (or percieved lack therof) is due directly to the concussion and his inability to do any training until early Dec. Had he participated in the WJC instead of taking more time off to be ready for his club team, the knocks on him would have been erased.

Also, his production this season is identical to last season (.8 PPG). So taking into account he is just getting into midseason form (and thus behind the remainder of the league in that aspect) his production this season would be noticably higher.

And the comparison to Neely is based on a larger player who plays physical and has a natural scorer's touch.

Frk's upside is a 30-40 goal scorer. The problem has been injuries and weather he is able to keep up his style of play in the pros. But his game and his scoring touch does translate well in the pro game.

As you may have guessed I have watched him play VERY often.

EDIT:
He only fights if he has no choice. But come on, physical play counts more----see Emelin

Old
03-05-2012, 09:13 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I would not hesitate to take Frk if he fell to us in the 2nd round. Not at all. He is less of a concern than players like Bussieres and Nieves.

Old
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Agalloch

For those interested, here is a site for traded picks.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...Years/2012.htm

Old
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I think theres alot of talent that could fall to the second round. I'm really happy we get to pick there !

Frk, Athanasiou, Thrower, Bussiere, Pearson, Hertl, Di Giuseppe ....

Old
03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
gillyguzzler

I have seen Faksa play live 6 or 7 times this year. I saw him last weekend. He's improved from the start of the year and might crack the top 10. He does remind me a bit of Lars Eller - not as fast and not as skilled but give him four or five years and he should be a #3 or maybe even a #2 center in the NHL.

Friday night though, he was not good at all in my opinion. Very lazy on the backcheck and some bad penalties that cost the Rangers. He was outworked and outmuscled all night by smaller players. Trevor Timmins is not this stupid. He won't consider Faksa as a top 5 pick. Nobody who has seen play would. However, I'd be all over him if he's still there at #15. He won't slip to the second round but it would be great to get him there with our second pick. Won't happen though.

He's nowhere close to Yakupov or Grig or the top 2 Ds however. Anyone who says so hasn't seen him play or doesn't much about hockey.

Closed Thread