HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#65 KINGS v. Ducks 3/3/12, Post Game WIN Thoughts & Tidbits ... Woo Hoo !

Old
03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Kingurentai

vCash: 500
Things I wanted to add, based on seeing it live and with great seats near the King's bench (btw, I'm no longer going to cheap out on seats. If I'm going, I'm paying extra and at least sitting in the 100s and not in corners - that's just me though).

Fraser. Not the best player but I like him. Hustles and is a total team guy.

Carter is f'in huge and fast.

King. Great hustle and think he can improve. But I couldn't help thinking he's not on par with MR+Carter. Would love to see a healthy Gagne or even a Lokti there (3 centers on a line, I know). I definitely think King deserves a spot somewhere though, esp. next year.

Nolan. This kid's awesome. Obviously lots to learn, he was more impressive than Clifford last night.

Penner (again). He really needs to get his stuff sorted out. We all have tough times in life, but he's getting paid to play a game. He has a responsibility to his team mates. He looked like he was going to cry during warmups. He had this "Forever alone" expression lol. If he was hopeless as a player, it's one thing; but I still believe in his skills. He made some poor plays, but he also made plays other Kings players can't make.

And finally....

LOL @ Kopi demolishing Parros then snickering about it with Bernier near the bench after. I imagine the conversation went like:

Bernier: So, I guess you told Marcel Dionne. Maybe next game you can go (fight) with Parros huh?

Kopi: LOL f that s**t. That's Westy's job. I'm just going to plaster him from behind and run.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post

King. Great hustle and think he can improve. But I couldn't help thinking he's not on par with MR+Carter. Would love to see a healthy Gagne or even a Lokti there (3 centers on a line, I know). I definitely think King deserves a spot somewhere though, esp. next year.
i disagree, i think he has worked v well with those 2 because he does the simple things. He fore checks hard, retrieves pucks and gets to the net. With the puck on his stick he keeps it simple either looking to pass it to the better players immediately or getting the puck on net

Look at Carters goals yesterday, the first has King infront of the net being a nuisance. The 2nd involves King in a 1 v 2, dumping the puck in, getting there first, making the easy play to Richards, then going straight to the net. For Carters almost hat trick, it involved King shooting a loose puck straight at the net with no hesitation. His goals since being called up have all involved him just going to the net. I like his game a lot at the moment, and think he would be considerably less effective if playing alongside Penner and Stoll for example. Id like to see Gagne on the 3rd line with Stoll to create 3 scoring lines

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
i disagree, i think he has worked v well with those 2 because he does the simple things. He fore checks hard, retrieves pucks and gets to the net. With the puck on his stick he keeps it simple either looking to pass it to the better players immediately or getting the puck on net

Look at Carters goals yesterday, the first has King infront of the net being a nuisance. The 2nd involves King in a 1 v 2, dumping the puck in, getting there first, making the easy play to Richards, then going straight to the net. For Carters almost hat trick, it involved King shooting a loose puck straight at the net with no hesitation. His goals since being called up have all involved him just going to the net. I like his game a lot at the moment, and think he would be considerably less effective if playing alongside Penner and Stoll for example. Id like to see Gagne on the 3rd line with Stoll to create 3 scoring lines
Good points. I admittedly was looking at it more on the surface and it's just that when MR and Carter are ON, they're world class caliber players and King doesn't fit the bill. I do see what you mean by King playing it simple actually allows MR and Carter to do what they do.

I guess don't fix what ain't broke applies here.

"Id like to see Gagne on the 3rd line with Stoll to create 3 scoring lines"

I'm ok with trying this.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

Exactly. Who else is already feeling like we might have really found something nice with this kid for the long term?

He's only 22, and he DOES do all the simple things right. Even if he is just a 3rd liner on this team for a long time, I feel like he is really going to be a great 3rd liner.

Who knows maybe he will be like our Viktor Stalberg. He can play on top lines because of his size and the fact that he isn't over thinking things.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Good points. I admittedly was looking at it more on the surface and it's just that when MR and Carter are ON, they're world class caliber players and King doesn't fit the bill. I do see what you mean by King playing it simple actually allows MR and Carter to do what they do.

I guess don't fix what ain't broke applies here.

"Id like to see Gagne on the 3rd line with Stoll to create 3 scoring lines"

I'm ok with trying this.
I'm usually pretty optimistic but I just don't see Gags returning from this injury and having any kind of positive effect on the team.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

If and when Gagne returns, I would like to reunite Gagne with Kopi and JW. They were our best line to start the season and Kopi had his best scoring streak with Gagne on his wing. I know there some interest in having an all flyers line, but if King continues to play well, I would just keep King on Richards line.

Gagne-Kopi-JW
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Lewis/Fraser-Nolan/Lewis

Brown usually works well with Stoll and I can see all 3 lines clicking.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
If and when Gagne returns, I would like to reunite Gagne with Kopi and JW. They were our best line to start the season and Kopi had his best scoring streak with Gagne on his wing. I know there some interest in having an all flyers line, but if King continues to play well, I would just keep King on Richards line.

Gagne-Kopi-JW
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Lewis/Fraser-Nolan/Lewis

Brown usually works well with Stoll and I can see all 3 lines clicking.
I'd actually keep Lewis with Stoll and move Penner. Might add something to the third line.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
kingsdarkness

gagne richards carter

i would try that first. king on third line

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsdarkness View Post
gagne richards carter

i would try that first. king on third line
I absolutely cannot wait until we get to see this line. I love King so far, but I am very excited at the prospect of re-uniting Gagne-Richards-Carter.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I absolutely cannot wait until we get to see this line. I love King so far, but I am very excited at the prospect of re-uniting Gagne-Richards-Carter.
We'll see it next year for sure...from what I hear its going slowly for Gagne, not sure if we will see him before the playoffs, if then.

But that's a top line, especially with Kopitar still not playing to his potential and Williams regressing to his earlier season "I shoot the puck wide because that's me" persona.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

So Dustin, nice job carrying the offense the last few games, but we're putting you on a line with Penner and Stoll. Sorry, I don't like that move.

Put Penner and Stoll with Lewis and have zero offensive expectations, anything they do offensively is just a bonus.

King should also stay with Richards and Carter. He compliments them well.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
So Dustin, nice job carrying the offense the last few games, but we're putting you on a line with Penner and Stoll. Sorry, I don't like that move.

Put Penner and Stoll with Lewis and have zero offensive expectations, anything they do offensively is just a bonus.

King should also stay with Richards and Carter. He compliments them well.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that...I think the top line would stay the same...

And I don't think you watched the game last night closely...even though they didn't score, the third line was awesome with puck control and offensive zone play; in particular Penner seemed to have the puck half of the game.

Against an outstanding offensive team like the Ducks, puck possession (time possession) is golden.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM
cyclones22

Sometimes it's difficult for me to tell the difference between King and Nolan out on the ice. Their numbers have something to do with it, but they're both huge. It's really nice to have big players on the team who aren't pylons. I really like what they bring to the team and they're still both young guys who can develop.

Having Carter on this team makes a world of difference. He's absolutely the best pure goal scorer on the team. Besides his physical gifts of size and speed, look at where his scoring opportunities are coming from. In the slot or right in the crease area. Take note note, rest of the team. You increase your odds of scoring if you're shooting from there.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:39 PM
johnjm22

Nolan flashed some pretty good puck skills last night on one play in particular. He probably should've shot the puck, but it demonstrated to me that he's trying to push his game further. I liked it. It reminded me of Simmonds a bit; everyone thought he was a grinder, but every once in a while you would see him make a surprisingly skilled offensive play.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Hear that sound? I think it's Dean Lombardi exhaling.
Good one. I think I heard it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
The Kings have been costing Herby some bucks lately.
I think there are few more posters who bragged about their "under" betting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropdapuck View Post
When Kopi retires, instead of raising his number into the rafters maybe they'll just paint a picture of his butt along the half wall.
I gotta remember this! Fantastic idea.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Brown-Kopitar-Williams

Gagne-Richards-Carter

King-Stoll-Lewis

Clifford-Fraser-Penner

Richardson/Westgarth

Nolan gets sent down.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:20 PM
CNS
A World Alone

I'd rather see Richardson in over Fraser. Sorry but what exactly does Fraser add to this team? He hustles? So does Richardson and Richie is faster. I honestly don't see really anything that Fraser is bringing to this team. He fights yes, but he sucks at it. Just my 2 cents though.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I'd rather see Richardson in over Fraser. Sorry but what exactly does Fraser add to this team? He hustles? So does Richardson and Richie is faster. I honestly don't see really anything that Fraser is bringing to this team. He fights yes, but he sucks at it. Just my 2 cents though.
I think Richardson is completely useless. Fraser plays physical and on his line that is a very useful thing to have. Also Richardson is the worst defensive forward Kings have.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I think Richardson is completely useless. Fraser plays physical and on his line that is a very useful thing to have. Also Richardson is the worst defensive forward Kings have.
Agreed. If Richardson could disrupt the other team's defensive system as well as he disrupts ours he'd be a Crosby-esque talent.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
outofrange

There is probably no easier way to get the fans cheering you on then scoring a freaking goal for the Kings. Hopefully Carter maintains his beastly play. And Richards is the same guy he was before the concussion.

Surprising what an good linemate will do for a guy.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Quick won that game in the third. He was being baraged and he won it.
Well, it was just nice to see the offense score enough to win when Quick gives up a soft goal.

He hasn't had that luxury this season except maybe only 2 or 3x before this.

It's almost as if he doesn't know how to play with a lead (that's so 4 - 6 weeks ago I know! - on to bigger and better i.e. more GOALS)

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

Because Richardson is a liability in the defensive zone. Fraser rarely makes boneheaded mistakes like Richardson does.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I think there are few more posters who bragged about their "under" betting.
I stopped with the Carter acquisition, good call by me

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I stopped with the Carter acquisition, good call by me
The Kings under is 3-1 since the Carter trade, with the one loss coming on an ENG with 15 seconds left.

More like good call by those of us who kept it going

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The Kings under is 3-1 since the Carter trade, with the one loss coming on an ENG with 15 seconds left.

More like good call by those of us who kept it going
Wow, you are right . I guess if the Kings keep getting SO's every second game, it will likely stay mostly under's

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote