HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2005 Draft

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
2005 Draft

Daniel Ryder would be a good pick for the Habs in 2005. He is suppose to be selected right around when Montreal picks and his brother already plays for Montreal.

Old
11-02-2004, 04:05 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
He is suppose to be selected right around when Montreal picks.
How do you know that?

Old
11-02-2004, 04:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Daniel Ryder would be a good pick for the Habs in 2005. He is suppose to be selected right around when Montreal picks and his brother already plays for Montreal.

Just when do the Habs pick? We don't even know if there will be a draft, let alone where we would end up picking. What does having a brother on the team have to do with anything, and why are people obessed with putting brothers on the same team? Should we go and get Kostitsyn's brother as well? We couls start drafting the remaining 3 Staal brothers convert the one defensemen to forward and run a Staal line.

I'm all for getting Ryder if that's what Savard and company go for, but the brother angle is a waste of time imo. Plus I think we need a top notch defensemen prospect or a future PF. Latendresse, Setoguchi, Kindl, Johnson, Bourdon, Birnstill, Blunden come to mind. Kopitar is another guy I'm interested in us getting.

Old
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Plus I think we need a top notch defensemen prospect or a future PF. Latendresse, Setoguchi, Kindl, Johnson, Bourdon, Birnstill, Blunden come to mind. Kopitar is another guy I'm interested in us getting.
I think we should go with what's better when we'll pick. Except if it's a goalie. They take too much time to develop and you can always get one via trades or later picks... Not worth it imo.

Old
11-02-2004, 05:00 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I think we should go with what's better when we'll pick. Except if it's a goalie. They take too much time to develop and you can always get one via trades or later picks... Not worth it imo.
If Lehtonen was available when pick in the next draft, would you take him? Remember he is a goalie though.

Old
11-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Shazbot

what good D prospects are available at the next draft (whenever it is)?

Old
11-02-2004, 05:58 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
If Lehtonen was available when pick in the next draft, would you take him? Remember he is a goalie though.
lol, it's funny that you ask this because I almost wrote something about that. If Trevor Timmins thinks that Tuuka Rask is a Lehtonen-like prospect and he falls to our pick, which happens to be in the 15-25th range, well I guess it might be an awesome pick.

Old
11-02-2004, 06:15 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
what good D prospects are available at the next draft (whenever it is)?
First rounders will probably include Johnson, Kindl, Staal, Anikeenko, Gauthier ....

Old
11-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Remember the Lebeau brothers?

What ended up happening is the team basically dumped the younger one because they figured they already had that type of player on the team, they didn't need two.

Old
11-02-2004, 06:47 PM
JF

Montreal, how do you feel about Anikeenko? He was ranked fairly high few months ago and seems to have slipped a bit in the rankings. Could he be an interesting pick for us (if there is a draft of course)?

Old
11-02-2004, 07:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF
Montreal, how do you feel about Anikeenko? He was ranked fairly high few months ago and seems to have slipped a bit in the rankings. Could he be an interesting pick for us (if there is a draft of course)?

I don't know to be honest, haven't seen him play, but it seems as though he's struggling a bit this year from the little I've heard about him.

Old
11-03-2004, 04:48 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Just when do the Habs pick? We don't even know if there will be a draft, let alone where we would end up picking. What does having a brother on the team have to do with anything, and why are people obessed with putting brothers on the same team? Should we go and get Kostitsyn's brother as well? We couls start drafting the remaining 3 Staal brothers convert the one defensemen to forward and run a Staal line.

I'm all for getting Ryder if that's what Savard and company go for, but the brother angle is a waste of time imo. Plus I think we need a top notch defensemen prospect or a future PF. Latendresse, Setoguchi, Kindl, Johnson, Bourdon, Birnstill, Blunden come to mind. Kopitar is another guy I'm interested in us getting.
Daniel is a real good player. Have you ever seen him play?? There will be a draft and the Habs should be selecting around mid-round. Where he is projected to go.

Most of those players will be gone when the Habs select. Especially, Latendtresse and Staal.

Old
11-03-2004, 05:40 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Daniel is a real good player. Have you ever seen him play?? There will be a draft and the Habs should be selecting around mid-round. Where he is projected to go.

Most of those players will be gone when the Habs select. Especially, Latendtresse and Staal.

Yes I've seen Ryder play. No one knows what will happen when it comes to the draft or where players will end up going cause it's so far away still.

Old
11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
scoulombe

sorry guy but no season mean no draft in 2005

Old
11-04-2004, 08:44 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax2+bx+c
lol, it's funny that you ask this because I almost wrote something about that. If Trevor Timmins thinks that Tuuka Rask is a Lehtonen-like prospect and he falls to our pick, which happens to be in the 15-25th range, well I guess it might be an awesome pick.
Yeah it will be a great addition.After Danis I don't know many goalies who has potential to become a starter.Halak has potential to become a starter IMO.He's and was underrated IMO.I think We will have to draft a Power Forward or a Offensive defenceman , We lack of a good offensive defenceman.IMO it will be good to make a trade to go up 5 or more spots and get Johnson.Ryder can be a great pick though (Setoguchi too).

Old
11-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Agreed wholeheartedly. This brother reuniting obsession some fans have is unjustified and a waste of time. I don't advocate starting to draft by needs, but if a good PF is available when it's our turn to pick coming the next draft, it will be awfully tempting (only if there's no better talent in front of him of course).

Last edited by Munchausen: 11-04-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Old
11-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Alexander Ovechkin

Its good if we can have Daniel Ryder !! He is best of this brother Michael !
Two Ryder in Montreal

Old
11-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
There will be a draft and the Habs should be selecting around mid-round. Where he is projected to go.
That doesn't mean a whole lot. Way too much uncertainty in those factors. There will be a draft, yes, eventually, but nobody knows when, not even the owners and DGs, and it might not be in 2005 if there's no season to determine ranking.

Habs MIGHT select around mid-round, but they might as well improve on last year's ranking and finish in the top tier. Plus, who knows what the league will come up with to determine ranking if there's no season.

Way too soon to talk about "where Ryder is projected to go". There's still a season of hockey left for those prospects and during that time frame, they can go from highly touted to off the map (see Barnes and O'Neill in 2004 for examples).

Old
11-04-2004, 12:00 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Yeah it will be a great addition.After Danis I don't know many goalies who has potential to become a starter.Halak has potential to become a starter IMO.He's and was underrated IMO.I think We will have to draft a Power Forward or a Offensive defenceman , We lack of a good offensive defenceman.IMO it will be good to make a trade to go up 5 or more spots and get Johnson.Ryder can be a great pick though (Setoguchi too).
I've seen Christopher Heino-Lindberg at the rookie camp and I can tell one thing. If ever the guy doesn't make it as a starter, it will have nothing to do with his talent. Honestly, I see a little bit of Kiprusoff in him (his style and speed). I think that the management should really try to develop this guy. By the way, I'm pretty confidant that they will bring him in the AHL once Danis moves in the NHL. I'll go as far to say that he's above Halak in the organisation's depth chart. I wouldn't waste a first rounder on a goalie with the only exception of a huge talent, well scouted by the best scouts and dropping a little bit in the draft (let's say 5 to 10 spots).

As for the 2005 draft itself, there's so many good prospects it's unbeleivable.

Old
11-04-2004, 12:21 PM
bopeep

It would be great if we could get an extra second round pick for not signing ..... what's his name?

Old
11-04-2004, 01:30 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

So who's suppose to be a Goalie to keep an eye on this year anyways? I haven't heard about any elite goalies this year.

Old
11-04-2004, 01:54 PM
bopeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
So who's suppose to be a Goalie to keep an eye on this year anyways? I haven't heard about any elite goalies this year.
Tuukka Rask and Carey Price are both ranked highly. J.P. Levasseur is falling in rankings because of a poor start. Alexandre Vincent and Ryan Mior are two others to keep an eye on.

Old
11-04-2004, 02:40 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I've seen Christopher Heino-Lindberg at the rookie camp and I can tell one thing. If ever the guy doesn't make it as a starter, it will have nothing to do with his talent. Honestly, I see a little bit of Kiprusoff in him (his style and speed). I think that the management should really try to develop this guy. By the way, I'm pretty confidant that they will bring him in the AHL once Danis moves in the NHL. I'll go as far to say that he's above Halak in the organisation's depth chart. I wouldn't waste a first rounder on a goalie with the only exception of a huge talent, well scouted by the best scouts and dropping a little bit in the draft (let's say 5 to 10 spots).

As for the 2005 draft itself, there's so many good prospects it's unbeleivable.
I agree with you.European goalies are FREQUENTLY underrated.I haven't seen Lindberg play yet but I have seen Halak.He's doing well with a AVERAGE team.I hope Lindberg will come to N.A very soon.Yeah , when Danis will move to the NHL.LIndberg or Halak can take his place.BTW ***** Ellis , Danis is the best goalie for the Bulldogs.I know We have alot of choices fro the 2005 draft but We lack of a guy with grit (Latendresse , Setoguchi) and IMO We lack of a offensive defenceman.After Hainsey , We don't have a lot of quality offensive D.We Will have to make a trade to go draft Latendresse or Johnson though.Well , I don't know if that drafting a goalie will really hurt us because if We will draft Raask , we will have some backup for Danis because I knopw that Raask is top 15 material.Anyways ....

PS : En passant c'est le fun debattre avec toi.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 11-04-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old
11-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
I agree with you.European goalies are FREQUENTLY underrated.I haven't seen Lindberg play yet but I have seen Halak.He's doing well with a AVERAGE team.I hope Lindberg will come to N.A very soon.Yeah , when Danis will move to the NHL.LIndberg or Halak can take his place.BTW ***** Ellis , Danis is the best goalie for the Bulldogs.I know We have alot of choices fro the 2005 draft but We lack of a guy with grit (Latendresse , Setoguchi) and IMO We lack of a offensive defenceman.After Hainsey , We don't have a lot of quality offensive D.We Will have to make a trade to go draft Latendresse or Johnson though.
I agree with you thegreatone ! we have good goalie but not very good offencive player !! Sure we have Kost , Perez , Higgins but we can have good offencive prospect for one or two goalie of we have already ! We can make many thing with the prospect of we have in Hamilton and in other ligue !

Old
11-04-2004, 02:45 PM
bopeep

I would absolutely not select a goalie in the first round of the 2005 draft - our needs are elsewhere. Power forward, if a good one is available or a puck moving defenseman has got to be our focus for the next draft.

Closed Thread