HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#66 | New Jersey Devils vs. New York Islanders | Mar 4 | W 1-0

Old
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
SthlmNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
I seem to remember Thor being Norwegian, not Swedish, but that's a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Probably true. I figure it's Norse mythology so it'll probably apply. Anders is a mountain of a man though. He just looks like Thor to me. Maybe Law can do something with that, he's a photoshop genius.
Scandinavian history lesson #1

Norse mythology is a generic term for the religion practiced in not only Norway, but Scandinavia as a whole before the christianization of Scandinavia which took place in approx. 1000-1100 AD.

I'd say Thor is a great nickname; he's huge, he's from the north, and with a little imagination his goalie stick could translate pretty well into a hammer.
His hometown LuleŚ is located on the same latitude as the northernmost parts of Alaska - to put it in perspective.

Last edited by SthlmNYI: 03-05-2012 at 01:37 PM.
SthlmNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:38 PM
wingnutks

I really liked the play of the entire team actually, including Reasoner and Pando, more so Pando.

Did anyone notice? When NJ went on and Isle like spree of not being able to clear the puck out of their own zone and were making weak clearing attempts that were intercepted by the isles.... it made the isles look like offensive superstars

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
19 in a row

I don't know if anyone commented on this but the "c'mon man", moment at the coliseum yesterday had to be when they gave a kid who looked to be about 7 or 8 a $100 gift certificate to tattoo lou's after getting a multiple choice question right during a break on the big board(it was Nickelodian day and all the questions went to kids with two answers being nick characters with only one islander choice making it easy)... geez what is next, two free beers at the marriott for the kids? You could hear the groan all around as people shook their heads... Isles need to use their heads

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I don't know if anyone commented on this but the "c'mon man", moment at the coliseum yesterday had to be when they gave a kid who looked to be about 7 or 8 a $100 gift certificate to tattoo lou's after getting a multiple choice question right during a break on the big board(it was Nickelodian day and all the questions went to kids with two answers being nick characters with only one islander choice making it easy)... geez what is next, two free beers at the marriott for the kids? You could hear the groan all around as people shook their heads... Isles need to use their heads
Haha, only the Islanders.

What did you expect though? Look at who's running the ship.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
That's OK, his parents I'm sure have a stripper pop out of his birthday cake every year.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
HammyNyIslesCupCrazy

Quote:
hahahahaha oh my god that's ridiculous.

HammyNyIslesCupCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthlmNYI View Post
Scandinavian history lesson #1

Norse mythology is a generic term for the religion practiced in not only Norway, but Scandinavia as a whole before the christianization of Scandinavia which took place in approx. 1000-1100 AD.

I'd say Thor is a great nickname; he's huge, he's from the north, and with a little imagination his goalie stick could translate pretty well into a hammer.
His hometown LuleŚ is located on the same latitude as the northernmost parts of Alaska - to put it in perspective.

Thanks for the clarification on Norse mythology, I'm much more familiar with the Greek/Roman stuff. I am a fan of the 'Thor' nickname.

I will say though, your photoshop skills are a bit hurting.

Paging Law, we need some help here.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
19 in a row

btw and I apologize if this was discussed before but when did we add 16 seats? 5 sellouts this year the first 3 were the tradiational 16,234 but last two were 16,250? Did they sneak a refurb in on us? 16 whole seats could put us over the top

Old
03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. That's embarrassing.

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:20 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
You have got to be kidding me. That's embarrassing.
I kid you not, and it was embarassing, even the emcee (can never remember her name) stumbled over her words and didnt know what to say when handing it to him.. I mean the dinner for two at scotto brothers another kid got was bad enough since you know the parents will take it but this was ridiculously in poor taste. c'mon man

Old
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
That's pretty funny. Finally a reason to go to games.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote