HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players (CH) Update #6 Europe

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 07:40 AM
mert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
With Zednik-Rivet + a pick we might have a 1st line player
Decent teams can be put together from trades, but it costs more money than the Habs have. GREAT teams are built from the draft, so why would we trade all that for one player, who is probably more over-priced and "over-rated" as Zednik? We'd just lose that player to higher bidders in a few years anyway...

I've always been an advocate for Zednik. Obviously he isn't the best player in the league, but he's good. His lower body strength is just amazing! And besides, you can't build a car out of leather seats, just like you can't build a hockey team out of Kovelevs/Lemieuxs etc.

And if anyone has watched Hamilton games, you may have noticed that Kostitsyn needs a lot of work before he'll be our dream player. He makes a few good plays but other than that he is invisible (no follow through on shots, etc.)

Old
11-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Im big fan of his, especially come playoff time
Yeah in playoff he is awesome.
Zednik is 3 time the player he is when he get emotional.

Old
11-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Zednik is 3 time the player he is when he get emotional.
But therein lies the problem. He is way too inconsistent because he plays with little or no emotion most of the time. Anybody who is a floater for more than 6 six games during a full season, without good reason, does not deserve to be on any team.

Old
11-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
But therein lies the problem. He is way too inconsistent because he plays with little or no emotion most of the time. Anybody who is a floater for more than 6 six games during a full season, without good reason, does not deserve to be on any team.
Well... there goes our whole team except for maybe koivu if your theory was to be correct.

And no Sundaystar, I have 0% relation to db. If I was related to him I would be hanging by a rope in my room right now.

Old
11-09-2004, 02:35 PM
sundaystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11

And no Sundaystar, I have 0% relation to db. If I was related to him I would be hanging by a rope in my room right now.
good one :lol

Old
11-09-2004, 03:39 PM

Why would we want to trade Zednik, he's good for about 25 to 30 goals, is very, very cheap, and best of all, he steps it up when it counts the most, playoffs, big games...

I think he's miscast as a 1st line winger on the Habs, but give Koivu another elite winger like Kovalev, and Zednik is a perfect compliment on the 1st line, he dosen't have the greatest hockey sense, but he's here to score goals, and this guy was a 10th round pick!

Like another poster mentionned, he's here until one of the younger players unseats him or if he want too much money...

Closed Thread