HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers

Old
03-04-2012, 03:25 PM
mahonistan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Thomas was terrible today, plus the Rangers have some snipers.

Getting hit in the nose like that makes you tear up.

Scott is totally useless...Initiated nothing..Not even so much as a face wash or jawing session...Why is he even in your lineup?
Scott played like 3 minutes bro.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Seriously, he's a solid bottom six player. Where's the fire??
See, that's where the debate comes into play. His value is that of a bottom six guy, but is he really a bottom six guy? He's slightly better then the prototypical career AHLer, not skilled enough for the top 6, not defensively and physically savvy for the bottom 6.

Regardless, it's a mutual agreement among every fan that some of the Rangers guys look tired and could use a break. Mitchell can definitely provide temporarily fill-in on the top 6.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Graves94

It would be nice to win games comfortably (like the Penguins the past few games), so you can rest people during the games (less minutes) who've playing way too many minutes this season (ie. Girardi, McD especially). We're ALWAYS having to block too many shots the entire game, and rely on Hank to make the big saves. This is the recipe for break downs and injuries going into the playoffs. I only hope we have a comfortable lead in the standings, to rest guys the last week of the reg season.

Also, I know the score was tight and no one (especially Scott) wanted to take a stupid penalty that could cost us the game, but it's not normal for Prust to be fighting Lucic, when you just got a guy in Scott that should be handling a guy like Lucic. Either Prust is stupid or has a death wish, Prust is not in the same weight class as Lucic. Also, I know it takes 2 to tango, but I would have sent Scott very early on in the game to send a message to Lucic, that he won't be allowed to do whatever he wanted today. Even if that message was a 2 minute penalty.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:26 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I like Lucic he's such a dick. I think lunkheads like him are necessary in this game.
He's a sore loser...if the rest of the Bruins were like that they would never lose.

Rangers are the class of the east. Feeling like '94 all over again.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:27 PM
NYRangers09

Just got back from the game...amazing 3rd period after a terrible 1st and 2nd. Can someone explain to me wat happened with Scott and Lucic and Chara at the end of the game?

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:

Scott is totally useless...Initiated nothing..Not even so much as a face wash or jawing session...Why is he even in your lineup?
I thought he would at least challenge chara just to how his new team he means business buy he played a soft game. Idk what that was about but I didn't like it. Add that to his horrendous puck handling and he is scary for the wrong reasons

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

I agree that Thomas was terrible for you guys, but what snipers do we have on this team?! Gaborik is the only one that fits that description and his goal was anything but a snipe.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
The only team in the East I truly fear, is Pittsburgh. They are the only ones who have a shot at beating us at MSG
Need Philthy to knock them out in the first round. I think Flyers matchup very well against the Penguins.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Levitate

Stepan's goal was a snipe but in general he's not a sniper

Helluva nice goal though, perfect placement. Thomas had no chance considering his positioning (which would normally have been good but got beat by a perfect shot)

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I have no problem with Lucic trying to mix it up with McDonagh at the end of the game, but like many others, take issue with the boarding where he drilled McDonagh's face into the glass. The game had plenty of fights, scrums and hitting (Lucic got drilled twice) without something like that.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Stepan's goal was a snipe but in general he's not a sniper

Helluva nice goal though, perfect placement. Thomas had no chance considering his positioning (which would normally have been good but got beat by a perfect shot)
Ridiculously intelligent pass by MDZ to set Stepan up for the shot in the perfect position to place it where he did.

That was a great goal all around.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
I thought he would at least challenge chara just to how his new team he means business buy he played a soft game. Idk what that was about but I didn't like it. Add that to his horrendous puck handling and he is scary for the wrong reasons
I don't get why Chara gets this reputation as this "Big Bad Dude." He isn't a fighter, he is not overly physical. He is a two way Dman who plays more positional defense than trying to go for big hits(to his credit). I can understand that Orpik, or Pronger has that reputation, but Chara?

Old
03-04-2012, 03:33 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Except Kreider has no NHL experience and is inconsistent at the college level... Not going to be an immediate impact player. If I'm wrong, I will gladly eat my crow, however I would never put all my eggs in the basket of a kid coming out of college to be a playoff hero. Last time anything similar to that happened was Roy in 86.
Very true. I'm actually just excited to see if he gets a look this season and I will not be let down at all if he needs time to adjust in the ahl.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:33 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If we are well rested, I think we can beat them with conviction. If we are banged up, or don't give our players proper rest. Its not going to be good.

If they lose Letang though, that REALLY hurts them in the long term. They are very dependent on him considering they are a quick transition team. They also don't really have a great shutdown pair. Also, I've never thought much of Fleury. Guy can get spooked like Luongo. Plus, he is not that great to begin with.
Fleury is IMO overrated.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Ridiculously intelligent pass by MDZ to set Stepan up for the shot in the perfect position to place it where he did.

That was a great goal all around.
I agree, the workman on the play was DZ. Regardless, if the goal goes in or not, that was an excellent play by DZ.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:37 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

There was no luck involved in any of the goals. The Bruins couldn't clear the zone, Stralman throws it on net and with traffic in front, Thomas can't find the puck. Second goal, Hagelin throws it in front from behind and because the Bruins are scrambling, Zanon desperately slides through the crease and deflects it in his own net. On the third, Richards again throws it at the net which Thomas does a good job to save at all, Seidenberg hurriedly tries to throw it around and Gabby poaches. Fourth, was a pure snipe.

Lucky goals come from a bad caroms or egregious misplays of the puck. The Rangers goals came from hard work and actually throwing it on goal.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Osminator

Love the balance of D minutes this game:
Staal 24:28
McD 22:56
Girardi 21:56
Del Zotto 20:26
Bickel 18:28
Stralman 10:08

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Fleury is IMO overrated.
I don't think he was ever that highly rated(except for the pedigree). He has the occasional nice game or solid stretch(but a lot of goalies do). I think even most Pens fan agree that he isn't all that.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

By the way, we reached 90 points

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Last Bruins goal is on Hags sloppy defense..luckily I'll remember his goal also..

But how good is that Seguin kid going to be? Fearless in front of Henke and insane Hagelin like speed on the blades..

I'm a fan...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
nyrangers21

I don't know if anyone else at the game noticed this, but after the end of game scrum, Lucic skated away across the Rangers center ice logo and spit on it.

I noticed Boyle and I believe Prust yapping at him and pretty sure Boyle was flipping him the bird.

Other Rangers were yapping at him but I didn't notice who else it was.

POS disrespectful jackass = Lucic

nyrangers21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
Has the rangers vs bruins rivarly always been pretty big, with the whole new york vs boston mentality? Question from somebody who sucks at following east coast hockey.
In the old days it was a big rivalry, but the advent of divisional play kind of killed it. It'll be non-existent if that stupid new realignment ever goes through.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I don't get why Chara gets this reputation as this "Big Bad Dude." He isn't a fighter, he is not overly physical. He is a two way Dman who plays more positional defense than trying to go for big hits(to his credit). I can understand that Orpik, or Pronger has that reputation, but Chara?
Did you follow him during the playoffs last season? He plays with a snarl to his game. He may not hit as frequently as similar defensemen but he's very physical in the corners and in front of the net. He's not going to fight very much because he's more valuable to the Bruins on the ice than he is sitting in the box for 5 minutes.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:

Because we traded for him and he has size. Against a team like the Bruins you need to add size to the line up.

The problem is, who wants to step up and fight a guy who is 6'8" and 270 pounds? In terms of size, you're at an instant disadvantage.

It reminds me a lot of when Boogard was on our team. Often times players were tentative to fight him. And I can't blame them. They're smart. Even if I was a big guy I wouldn't want to go against a guy who is 6'8" and 270LBS.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:48 PM
ltsthinaz

Lot of hate for Johnny Malkin here - probably deserved, but he isn't without talent, especially on a team short on talent up front. Someone just needs to tell him to stop trying to be Marian Gaborik and try to emulate Brian Boyle.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote