HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Offseason

Old
03-04-2012, 06:01 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Any chance Niemi would be traded?
If we get a new gm, anything is possible, but I think wilson will stay. Clowe, Havlat, Demers, the coaches, anyone on the 3rd/4th lines could be on the chopping block. I do think they should at getting a new gm in here if this team fails again. There is no way DW can look at this team objectively with all the time/effort/emotion he has put into it.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
WantonAbandon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
If we get a new gm, anything is possible, but I think wilson will stay. Clowe, Havlat, Demers, the coaches, anyone on the 3rd/4th lines could be on the chopping block. I do think they should at getting a new gm in here if this team fails again. There is no way DW can look at this team objectively with all the time/effort/emotion he has put into it.
Havlat is a very valuable asset but trading him would in my opinion be steering the team in the wrong direction.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:04 PM
FifthLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Ok that settles it then... So I hate to answer a question with a question, but to the poster if the Sharks offered Murray what do you think would be an even trade on the leafs roster? Personally I'd take a second and a fourth. I can't really think of a better trade with the Leafs.

Keep in mind the Sharks would be looking for a replacement for Ryan Clowe and some quality bottom six forwards.
I would want Murray, but we have WAY to many Dmen now. So thats probably a no go. But, I didn't know you guys are ok with trading Clowe. I'd love to have him on the leafs, especially against Boston. What would you want from the leafs for him?

FifthLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Havlat is a very valuable asset but trading him would in my opinion be steering the team in the wrong direction.
Well, he's not helping now. Trading for Havlat was steering this team in the wrong direction. Aside from a week or so, he hasn't fit in here. Injuries aren't exactly foreign to this guy, a gm is supposed to project stuff like that.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1331leafs View Post
I would want Murray, but we have WAY to many Dmen now. So thats probably a no go. But, I didn't know you guys are ok with trading Clowe. I'd love to have him on the leafs, especially against Boston. What would you want from the leafs for him?
Sharks would look for either a player to slot in where Clowe is but with more speed or picks and prospects.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
SJeasy

In terms of coaches, I imagine the assistants are much more at risk than TM. He will probably get marching orders to get someone to fix the PK.

DW does tend to go through 2 year cycles on changes. I doubt that he does a massive overhaul because he pays the price in players getting familiar with each other. I do think Clowe is seriously at risk. I do think one blueliner might be at risk as well.

I would hope their paradigm of having one vet on bottom pairing at all times goes out the window. It has now backfired twice.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1331leafs View Post
Hmmmm well see that would be tough...

The Sharks would really need a RW. And since they need to upgrade speed, I don't think Lupul would cut it... Personally I think they are a bit too comparable.

The two forwards I could see the Sharks being interested in is Bozak or Macarther. But I think the org would be looking for a RW.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Sharks would look for either a player to slot in where Clowe is but with more speed or picks and prospects.
Good point if the Sharks pick up Clowes replacement in FA, the leafs could potentially offer picks and prospects, but I think the Leafs would have to throw in a bottom six forward.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Other than Clowe and possibly Havlat/Handzus I don't see any forwards getting traded away.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Good point if the Sharks pick up Clowes replacement in FA, the leafs could potentially offer picks and prospects, but I think the Leafs would have to throw in a bottom six forward.
Just would depend on what they want to keep going forward. They will have Galiardi, Desjardins, Wingels, Ferriero, and Handzus next year if they don't move them somehow. They don't necessarily need to have Toronto throw in a bottom six forward. If it meant getting another late round pick instead, I'd probably go with that instead.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
In terms of coaches, I imagine the assistants are much more at risk than TM. He will probably get marching orders to get someone to fix the PK.

DW does tend to go through 2 year cycles on changes. I doubt that he does a massive overhaul because he pays the price in players getting familiar with each other. I do think Clowe is seriously at risk. I do think one blueliner might be at risk as well.
I think bringing in Ricci and/or Hedican on the bench would be a great move
since I thought it's what the title inferred this is what I would do in the offseason; barring any miraculous turnaround.
fire the whole coaching staff....that should of been done on the road trip and we could have Carlyle right now
Trade Clowe for Brouwer + pick upgrade, move up in the 1st or 2nd. He would provide a little more speed, cap relief and a shoot first type PF to compliment Havlat on the 2nd line. Clowe would be perfect on the Caps.
Trade Handzus for whatever....bury him in the minors, just get him out
Sign Stuart and Jones
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Martin Havlat ($5.000m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Troy Brouwer ($2.350m)
Daniel Winnik ($1.750m) / T.J. Galiardi ($1.250m) / David Jones ($2.750m)
Brad Winchester ($0.800m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.650m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brad Stuart ($3.000m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Dan Boyle ($6.666m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
/ Justin Braun ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Thomas Greiss ($0.587m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,564,167; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $735,833

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
sharkbite3
blood in the water

Colorado line, nice. Ricci on the bench would be solid. Someone who can adjust, for God's sake.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
bullslugg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post

Make it happen, new Sharks GM!
Our savior, "Suter" be thy name, Amen.

bullslugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Rem
PbP is what I spit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I agree with two of the three you mention. I don't agree with Pavs. Couture is like him but not at his level. Pavs takes on top competition and takes top PK shifts. Couture isn't able to handle those matchups yet.

To add to your list, I can see them moving Danny Boyle if things end badly. It would be a good excuse to get a change, to dump salary in preparation for a potential labor stoppage, and start looking towards the future since Boyle is getting on in age.

If Clowe doesn't have an absolute monster playoff, he's gone. Luckily, he's done very well save for the conference finals. They may end up moving Douglas Murray especially if Brad Stuart returns.
I'm not saying I would want to trade Pavs, but this team needs a major shakeup and he's got a lot of value. We're obviously not getting rid of JT, PM, or LC. I'm just saying I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if he is shopped a bit.

*sigh*

Sometimes I wish we could just completely rebuild this team. I'd love to see the Sharks land a RNH. Our prospect pool is pathetic.

Rem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I'm not saying I would want to trade Pavs, but this team needs a major shakeup and he's got a lot of value. We're obviously not getting rid of JT, PM, or LC. I'm just saying I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if he is shopped a bit.

*sigh*

Sometimes I wish we could just completely rebuild this team. I'd love to see the Sharks land a RNH. Our prospect pool is pathetic.
I'd probably move Clowe and Murray, try to keep Winnik and Moore, sign Stuart, and see what we can do from there. Add another winger to replace Clowe that has some more speed and goal scoring ability and I'd be happy with that.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

just spitballin but if your boston do you do

ryane clowe+doug murray
for
jared knight+ryan spooner

clowe and murray on the rough and physical bruins. LIGHTS OUT.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 338
I was listening to the NHL Rush (95.7 The Game's hockey show) and they were saying if big changes need to be made, it might mean Niemi has to go. I don't agree with that. If the Sharks have to make big changes (And an early exit would probably mean they have to), I think not just the coaching staff needs to go, but Doug Wilson himself. The Sharks need a new direction, maybe some new blood in the higher ups and to have Wilson say the same thing every year for the last 5 (Or so it seems), I think that's cause to consider him being gone.

Last edited by SJSharksfan39: 03-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Swervin81
Du-du-du-du-du-duel

Parise

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Who replaces Wilson?

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Who replaces Wilson?
Anyone else. Brian Burke might be available, and considering his love for American Players (At least according to Don Cherry last night), well who knows.

Seriously though, who is available other than Howsen, who I do think will be fired when the season ends.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Anyone else. Brian Burke might be available, and considering his love for American Players (At least according to Don Cherry last night), well who knows.

Seriously though, who is available other than Howsen, who I do think will be fired when the season ends.
No one that's an upgrade over DW will be available.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Swervin81
Du-du-du-du-du-duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post

Not a chance Burke is available. Next year, maybe.

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
No one that's an upgrade over DW will be available.
That's my issue with replacing him. Now, could they bring in a guy who's never GM'd at this level before? Sure but that's a risky move.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

I don't want to replace him unless the replacement is a clear upgrade. He gets a bum rap around here but he's been successful and turned this team into a perennial playoff team.

Old
03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Plenty of potential replacements...who would be deemed better is up to each individual. Randy Sexton, Brian Lawton, Mike O'Connell, and Rick Dudley for starters.