Notices

Moving On to 2012-13

Old
03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
5minsforfighting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
The only way this team can compete next season is if Koivu and Selanne resign. The only worthwhile UFA center out there is Jokinen. There's no way they could replace Selanne's production through free agency or with prospects.

Hagman(1.5)-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Jokinen(5.0)-Selanne(4.0) (someone needs to take the playmaker role)
Cogliano-Koivu(2.5)-Palmieri
Beleskey-Bonino-DSP

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Visnovsky
Lydman-Vatanen
This team could compete without them only if Murray will understand that and make the right moves in offseason.

5minsforfighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
This team could compete without them only if Murray will understand that and make the right moves in offseason.
Where is he going to get 2 top 6 forwards that will not require massive overpayment? Not going to happen.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Where is he going to get 2 top 6 forwards that will not require massive overpayment? Not going to happen.
This is exactly why I've been saying that he should have addressed it somewhat before this season. Trying to do it all in one offseason is beyond stupid, but hey, it's Murray.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
This is exactly why I've been saying that he should have addressed it somewhat before this season. Trying to do it all in one offseason is beyond stupid, but hey, it's Murray.
Honestly I am fine with Hagman being resigned next year. He has been usefull in any situation and works hard.

Plug Palmieri in the top 6 and that leaves us with 1 top 6 center role. The problem is there are no top 6 centers out there except maybe Jokinen. I guess we can use Jokinen to bridge to Holland but I think Jokinen will be looking for his last payday.

Palmieri needs to be in the NHL next year. The kid has proved all he can in the AHL. He needs to be given a legit chance in the top 6.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Agreed about Palmeiri. I don't see where that leaves Hagman though, unless you're either assuming Selanne won't return or you're putting Hags on top line. I am definitely against the 2nd one.

Old
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/3...mments-Opinion

Read only till "2nd point"...

Can't bring myself to read any further.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Wow that writer surely reads a lot into the interview.....almost as if he can read Ryan's brain.......maybe he too is a Wizard!

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Gibson Les Palms
ImperiumDuckusSacrum

vCash: 50
I've noticed that Daniel really doesn't like Bobby. Sometimes I think he's right, but he goes over the top IMO.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Wow that writer surely reads a lot into the interview.....almost as if he can read Ryan's brain.......maybe he too is a Wizard!
I feel a new avatar theme coming on!!!

Old
03-08-2012, 11:44 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

That article was pure filth

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Can you specify who he was supposed to add?

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Markus078

Quote:
Honestly I am fine with Hagman being resigned next year. He has been usefull in any situation and works hard.

Plug Palmieri in the top 6 and that leaves us with 1 top 6 center role. The problem is there are no top 6 centers out there except maybe Jokinen. I guess we can use Jokinen to bridge to Holland but I think Jokinen will be looking for his last payday.

Palmieri needs to be in the NHL next year. The kid has proved all he can in the AHL. He needs to be given a legit chance in the top 6.
I know most of you will but for next season I'd try (assuming Koivu is coming back)

tbd - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmeri - Bonino - Ryan
Cogs - Koivu - DSP

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:43 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I'm still up for trying to acquire Zuccarello (RFA). He's a potential top6-forward on a ~2m salary.

Some Rangers-statistics I pasted on their forum.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-xxx-Zucca
Hagman-Koivu-Selanne
DSP-Bonino-Beleskey

Assuming Teemu and Koivu re-sign. Cogliano (plus more) may be traded for a capable 2C.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Can you specify who he was supposed to add?
Considering I've been saying it for a few seasons now I can't remember which players were all available through trade and FA, but I can say that Murray hasn't even tried. He even said he admitted that he had a plan B if Teemu didn't return. That was a huge mistake. Trying to rebuild the entire 2nd line in one offseason will be an impossible task.

Old
03-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Considering I've been saying it for a few seasons now I can't remember which players were all available through trade and FA, but I can say that Murray hasn't even tried. He even said he admitted that he had a plan B if Teemu didn't return. That was a huge mistake. Trying to rebuild the entire 2nd line in one offseason will be an impossible task.
Why wouldn't he have to plan around Selanne? He's the most important player in this team's short history.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Why wouldn't he have to plan around Selanne? He's the most important player in this team's short history.
Because you can't plan for more then 1 year at a time. I'm not saying he shouldn't re-sign Selanne each year because that would be a huge mistake. I'm saying you can't put everything on hold because you think he's playing to well to retire. It'd be nice if he already had a piece that could replace one of the Finns if they both don't return next season. Right now id say we have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards. Koivu is borderline IMO. Next season we may only have 3 and possibly no Koivu. This is why I didn't like Lupul being moved. He'd do wonders for this team right now and next year. You don't build around a player who may or may not play, you fit him in if he decides to come back. Not to mention he waits all offseason (deservedly so) so putting everything on hold until he decides is just stupid. Plus it offers us the chance to have better depth, something Murray has and is ignoring.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Quote:
Because you can't plan for more then 1 year at a time. I'm not saying he shouldn't re-sign Selanne each year because that would be a huge mistake. I'm saying you can't put everything on hold because you think he's playing to well to retire. It'd be nice if he already had a piece that could replace one of the Finns if they both don't return next season. Right now id say we have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards. Koivu is borderline IMO. Next season we may only have 3 and possibly no Koivu. This is why I didn't like Lupul being moved. He'd do wonders for this team right now and next year. You don't build around a player who may or may not play, you fit him in if he decides to come back. Not to mention he waits all offseason (deservedly so) so putting everything on hold until he decides is just stupid. Plus it offers us the chance to have better depth, something Murray has and is ignoring.
Without trading Lupul, they wouldn't have Beauchemin, the current number 1 defender and the defence would suck and they would probably be in the same place in the conference right now. I think you expect too much from Murray.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
I know most of you will but for next season I'd try (assuming Koivu is coming back)

tbd - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmeri - Bonino - Ryan
Cogs - Koivu - DSP
That is worse then this year unless every single player does better then this year.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Finnpin

I'd say it's 99% sure that Teemu retires.

Koivu with his defensive skills and faceoffs would be fine 3rd line C with 1 year contract or is there still fuel? Saku and his wife likes SoCal but does he want to take his children to Finnish school?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Without trading Lupul, they wouldn't have Beauchemin, the current number 1 defender and the defence would suck and they would probably be in the same place in the conference right now. I think you expect too much from Murray.
Murray let Beachemin walk in FA for same price he's being paid now. Not only did Beauch tell our media and TOs media that we were his first choice, but we also had a glaring hole on defense that he chose to let an unproven rookie and a washed up vet (boynton) try to fill. He doesn't make that mistake, we still have Lupul and Gardiner in addition to Beauchemin. I'm not expecting too much, others are expecting too little IMHO. Love Beauch and what he's done here, but sickening to think we could still have all 3 if Murray wasnt ********.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Murray let Beachemin walk in FA for same price he's being paid now. Not only did Beauch tell our media and TOs media that we were his first choice, but we also had a glaring hole on defense that he chose to let an unproven rookie and a washed up vet (boynton) try to fill. He doesn't make that mistake, we still have Lupul and Gardiner in addition to Beauchemin. I'm not expecting too much, others are expecting too little IMHO. Love Beauch and what he's done here, but sickening to think we could still have all 3 if Murray wasnt ********.
And Lupul would still be an overpaid 3rd liner since Carlyle wouldnt let him play LW. Gardiner would still be in the AHL.

Old
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
And Lupul would still be an overpaid 3rd liner since Carlyle wouldnt let him play LW. Gardiner would still be in the AHL.
Disagree entirely.

I think Lupul would be on top line since RPG didn't put it together. Lupul actually looked pretty good with them when he was here, but RPG was elite at the time. Bonino is also playing much better then he was back then, and DSP is no slouch either. Line wouldnt be too bad. Plus it'd be nice having at least one 2nd line player in case we lose both finns this offseason.

Carlyle is no longer here and it seems like each player got a clean slate once he left (Bonino, Beleskey) so I don't see any reason Lupul would be different. Maybe you're implying that if that trade didn't happen, Carlyle would still be here? I guess thats possible, but I disagree completely.

Even if Gardiner was still in AHL, he could have gotten a spot next year, or be traded for a player different then one that we already had to begin with.

IMO not re-signing Beauchemin is arguably the worst move of Murray's tenure here (considering what we gave up to trade for him). Honestly aside from the Lubo trade, not much is that great. Few good moves here and there but he's been a poor GM IMO. Still time to show otherwise I guess, but I have strong doubts that he will ever prove otherwise. Hope I'm wrong though.

Old
03-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

No, Lupul would have been traded for some other cap dump. He was grossly overpaid for his production.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
No, Lupul would have been traded for some other cap dump. He was grossly overpaid for his production.
Yes he was grossly overpaid for his production, but I also think he was grossly misused as well.

I don't agree with the notion that he would be traded for another cap dump either.

Plus, if our defense was better (would have been if Beauch was re-signed in the first place) maybe his production was somewhat better. The point is that Murray never should have chose not to re-sign Beauchemin. Even if we didn't lose Lupul, we'd still have a great asset in Gardiner.

Old
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Clearly he's a dark wizard.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote