HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
HockeyCA

vCash: 500
I posted this over at the ESPN Laker Message Board. I am not sure how die hard a laker fans you guys are, but thought I would get some opinions over here, since I am sure the IQ level is at least 20 points higher..

Im not one to overreact, but there are ALOT of things that concern me about how Mike Brown is handling this team. First, and maybe most importantly, it seems like he has not really carved the roles each player will play when they are all in the game. Right now it seems like Nash is playing like he doesnt want to overs-step his role on the team, Dwight is not sure where to be on offense, Kobe is playing WAY to passively, Pau is still out by the 3 point line most times down the floor, and Ron Artest is handling the ball WAY to much. On defense, its pretty much the same problems. We do not look in-sync. Now, this may be because we have not had much time to play together, and that may certainly be the case. But these problems were really present last year also, weren't they? A lot of confusion, not much cohesion, and lots of standing still. At some point in time we have to ask ourselves whether things are going to change, right?

I really think that the organization should take a long hard look at bringing Phil back. Maybe Mike Brown would be alright with stepping to the side as an assistant coach, be in charge of the defensive schemes, and learn from the greatest coach of all time. I do not think any of us would be having these big doubts about player cohesion and making everyone fit if we had Phil in charge. That was his biggest strength, getting players to play together within an offensive scheme. I REALLY think we need a BIG personality on the sidelines in order to be able to handle all of the egos and talent we have assembled. And we really need someone all the players trust and respect in order for them all to buy in. Eddie Jordan and Mike Brown, I am afraid, may not cut it. I hope I am wrong, but I for one would WELCOME back Phil Jackson with open arms. Anyone agree with anything that I said?

Old
10-31-2012, 03:16 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Holy crap that's what I said when they first hired Mike Brown! He's garbage! And the Princeton offense folks! woooow!
i guess buss and kupchak are easily impressed.

mind boggling how he got the premiere coaching job.......

Old
10-31-2012, 03:46 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I don't get how you can be an NBA player, play basketball your entire life, practice every single day and can't even make 50% of your FT's.

Howard should be embarrassed, 3-14? wow.
Who do they think they are...SHAQ???

Old
10-31-2012, 04:47 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Angels traded Ervin Santana to the Royals and are going to move Dan Haren. Too bad they can't trade the pitching coach Mike Butcher.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Angels traded Ervin Santana to the Royals and are going to move Dan Haren. Too bad they can't trade the pitching coach Mike Butcher.
I couldn't care less about Haren. He lost the velocity and more important the movement on his pitches. I think he is done as anything close to a top of the rotation guy. Santana it came down to consistency and the homeruns. Even when he was pitching well this year he was still giving up HR's. Hopefully these moves mean the Angels are going to re-sign Greinke.

Cool with a top 4 of Weaver- Greinke- Wilson- Richards

Old
10-31-2012, 06:15 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Funny coming from a Laker fan. Actually, from any fan since every team has at least one flopper. It's like a soccer fan complaining about your opponent's diving.
true, but your teams two biggest stars shouldn't be the floppers though.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
bobafettish*

even though hockey has some laughable contracts, harden being a max player is just wow.......

Old
10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
true, but your teams two biggest stars shouldn't be the floppers though.

Gasol is a flopper and he's one of the stars on the Lakers.

And I really don't care as long as my team is winning ball games. This is a franchise that has had trouble just winning in the regular season.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Gasol is a flopper and he's one of the stars on the Lakers.

How is he a flopper? You're 20 years late and it's another euro, laker big man.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Are you seriously denying that Gasol is a flopper?

Old
10-31-2012, 06:49 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
even though hockey has some laughable contracts, harden being a max player is just wow.......
How about having the second highest paid player in the league riding the bench.Vernon Wells is one of the worst deals the Angels ever made.I'm pretty sure this is the deal that got the previous GM fired.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I couldn't care less about Haren. He lost the velocity and more important the movement on his pitches. I think he is done as anything close to a top of the rotation guy. Santana it came down to consistency and the homeruns. Even when he was pitching well this year he was still giving up HR's. Hopefully these moves mean the Angels are going to re-sign Greinke.

Cool with a top 4 of Weaver- Greinke- Wilson- Richards
Santana was one of the biggest enigmas ever to play for the Angels. One inning he'd throw 12 pitches and look awesome,the next he'd throw 40 and totally lost.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
How about having the second highest paid player in the league riding the bench.Vernon Wells is one of the worst deals the Angels ever made.I'm pretty sure this is the deal that got the previous GM fired.
Contract extensions in baseball are stupid anyway, at least most of them. These players get thise big contracts when they are already on the wrong side of 30. You won't see as many 30-something-year old players getting big contracts in other sports as you do in baseball.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
i think he was trying to outdo the gary matthews deal.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:37 PM
bobafettish*

forgot time warner bought broadcasting rights, pain in the ass switching back and forth.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Yeah really happy with the Santana trade, I've always liked Haren but he has lost his top-3 rotation stuff it seems hopefully getting rid of the 28 mil of salary combined on them can help re-sign Grienke or maybe Lohse if he decides to go to free agency.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Wow, what a solid first game for the Clippers.

Crawford was amazing off the bench.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Turnovers need to be cut down (no ****). But the deep bench can help you overcome turnovers sometimes. Lamar Odom was awesome tonight. Can't believe we have two former 6th man winners coming off the bench for us.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:37 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
Wow, what a solid first game for the Clippers.

Crawford was amazing off the bench.
Clips got a really nice bench. To bad they don't have a center or any big guy that really has an inside game. For all the hype around Blake he really is quite poor in the post....and Jordan well

Old
11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Clips got a really nice bench. To bad they don't have a center or any big guy that really has an inside game. For all the hype around Blake he really is quite poor in the post....and Jordan well
Yea Gasol was eating Blake and Jordan alive.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Jordan's post moves have improved drastically tonight if you watched any Clipper games last year. No one is expecting him to be the next Dream or Shaq. Blake will always have a hard time against opposing players that have length due to his T-Rex arms, but yet he'll put up 20 and 10.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Having flashbacks of the mid 90s Lakers with Del Harris behind the bench, only worse.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:24 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Having flashbacks of the mid 90s Lakers with Del Harris behind the bench, only worse.
Yeah, I don't expect much out of them this year.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I do, Mike Brown will be gone by January at the latest. Jerry Sloan is the coach the Lakers need.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Anyone following the Galaxy / Vancouver game?

What a turnaround. 2 goals in less than 3 minutes, Galaxy now up 2-1.