HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I meant in terms of having a good team and doing nothing with it. Much like Harris, I never expecting the Lakers to do anything in the playoffs with Brown leading the way. Similar situation with Terry Murray behind the Kings bench, they were going to go nowhere had he remained coach.
I wish the Kings had a coach that had that winning percentage... But since you meant in the playoffs, I think the Lakers were just unfortunate that they had to collide with the late 90s Jazz and the only team that could beat them was the Bulls. Plus, Harris had a raw Kobe, not the superstar one.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
LOL, this is all over the local news. It's the first headline on KTLA news at 1. Did the firing of Terry Murray even get 10% of the attention that the Mike Brown firing is getting now?
No, but then again you don't have four future HOFers on the Kings that you are spending $100 million on to get to the promised land.

Then again, maybe you do...Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, ...

11-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This comes as no surprise:

@Mike_Bresnahan: The Lakers have officially contacted Phil Jackson to gauge his interest in coaching them, The Times has learned.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rn-sources-say

Quote:
Phil Jackson and Mike D'Antoni are the leading candidates to replace Mike Brown as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne on Friday.
Phil Jackson Yes

Mike D'Antoni HELL TO THE **** NO!!!

Fingers crossed!

Old
11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Heh. It is kind of funny that we always give a call and come crawling back to Jackson begging him for one more year every other year.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I would love to see the interaction between Darryl Sutter, Phil Jackson, and Vic the Brick.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:21 AM
damacles1156

I guess it appears Phil Jackson is the only guy that can handle Kobe's EGO.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:19 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Phil Jackson is easily right at the top in all time coaches. I just wonder if he can handle a full season+playoffs given his health and all that.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I guess it appears Phil Jackson is the only guy that can handle Kobe's EGO.
Kinda sad that there are still so many out there as misinformed about Kobe as this.

Do you really think if Kobe had issues with his coach to the point of pushing him out...that he would stay silent? It was Kobe who advocated for a system offense like the Princeton. It was Kobe who told all us fans to "chill out" and give them some time.

Even reports that Kobe and Mike Brown were texting back and forth about changes to the offense the mourning the guy got fired.

If any player had an influence, even if indirect, it was Nash who looked neutered in that offense.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Did anyone just see that Arsenal game? WOW they blew that.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s View Post
Kinda sad that there are still so many out there as misinformed about Kobe as this.

Do you really think if Kobe had issues with his coach to the point of pushing him out...that he would stay silent? It was Kobe who advocated for a system offense like the Princeton. It was Kobe who told all us fans to "chill out" and give them some time.

Even reports that Kobe and Mike Brown were texting back and forth about changes to the offense the mourning the guy got fired.

If any player had an influence, even if indirect, it was Nash who looked neutered in that offense.
Don't even try bro.

Kobe is a complete ass^%& and Ego maniac. You are not going to convince me otherwise.

I have had personal interaction with the man, and his a Grade A jerk.
Now , that doesn't mean he got Mike Brown Fired.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he did. That also doesn't take away the fact that Kobe is a sure fire First ballot Hall of Fame player.

But Kobe is not a nice person. The Lakers are Kobe's team PERIOD.

Hiring a coach without Kobe's permission, is the doomsday clock running until Kobe gets pissed off.

The famous Death stare, then days later the coach is fired...Doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened in that scenario.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
LOL, this is all over the local news. It's the first headline on KTLA news at 1.
It's on the front page of the LATimes. The main news page, not the sports section.

Yesterday a co-woker came over to a group of us said "Mike Brown just got fired." My first thought was "who's Mike Brown? I went to grade school with a Mike Brown, but no way she knows him..."

Quote:
Did the firing of Terry Murray even get 10% of the attention that the Mike Brown firing is getting now?
LATimes response: who is (was) Terry Murray?

Old
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Dodgers bid $25,737,737 to negotiate with Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-Jin

As I understand it, this money is out the door...and a deal has to get done with this guy within the next 30 days.

Wow. The Dodgers are spending money like a drunken sailor.

On a 180-day drunk.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Paying a transfer fee for an unproven player. Stop it.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let's see how long it's going to take until Doyers fans will start longing for Frank McCourt. So far the new ownership group has proven that they are willing to recklessly spend money. I recall them doing the same back when they signed Kevin Brown and re-signed Darren Dreifort, among many others.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Let's see how long it's going to take until Doyers fans will start longing for Frank McCourt. So far the new ownership group has proven that they are willing to recklessly spend money. I recall them doing the same back when they signed Kevin Brown and re-signed Darren Dreifort, among many others.
Ummm yeah I'm never going to long for Frank McCourt to own the Dodgers again. That's absurd. They may be spending tons of money on players right now, but they're also investing heavily in rebuilding the scouting system and prospect development. Anyone who has been paying attention knows they've been bringing in a number of prominent baseball minds to improve their baseball operations and scouting/player development. The focus is not only on "buying" a championship.

I guess it's easy for people to make comments like the above without actually following the developments, though.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
The McCourts are the reason for me falling out of love both with the Dodgers and baseball. I wouldn't wish them coming back on anyone.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Perhaps they're signing this Korean kid to also sell jerseys and tickets to the Korean American community.

The Korean baseball league is inferior to NPB (Nippon). Does the Korean league also use the smaller ball size?

Old
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Wild move by the Dodgers. Not at all sure I agree with this. Then again, this guys KBO numbers are absolutely insane, I'll cross my fingers we get a Yu Darvish and not a Dice-K

Old
11-11-2012, 11:32 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Don't even try bro.

Kobe is a complete ass^%& and Ego maniac. You are not going to convince me otherwise.

I have had personal interaction with the man, and his a Grade A jerk.
Now , that doesn't mean he got Mike Brown Fired.

But it wouldn't surprise me if he did. That also doesn't take away the fact that Kobe is a sure fire First ballot Hall of Fame player.

But Kobe is not a nice person. The Lakers are Kobe's team PERIOD.

Hiring a coach without Kobe's permission, is the doomsday clock running until Kobe gets pissed off.

The famous Death stare, then days later the coach is fired...Doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened in that scenario.
Kobe is a clone of Michael Jordan. Jordan is beloved by the world.

I'm not a fan of Kobe as a person or Kobe's ball hogging in the past but I believe he bears the burden of society's double standard.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM
no name

Why are the Dodgers getting knocked in here when 20 team put in bids over 15 million dollars? Baseball America believes this will be one of the best moves in baseball this year.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The McCourts are the reason for me falling out of love both with the Dodgers and baseball. I wouldn't wish them coming back on anyone.
^^^^ agree.

And Dodger Stadium's location is just too hard to get to. Every other city I"ve visited has better (rail) access to their stadiums. I know this goes back to the O'Malley's move here from Brooklyn, but getting to/from games is just a hassle now.

The main problem with Dodger stadium is that it's to nice to tear down and start over - that helps it be a 2nd rate stadium when compared to other MLB stadiums.

It's really kinda funny (sad), there are many teams that had their stadiums built AFTER Dodger stadium, yet they have already torn those stadiums down and they have built better ones: Philly, Pitt, Cin, Seattle, Atl, Milw, StL, SF & SD (well, did not demolish Candlestick or Qualcomm - yet).

And Dodger fans are stuck with this 50 yr old relic that you can't tear down or get to.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Why are the Dodgers getting knocked in here when 20 team put in bids over 15 million dollars? Baseball America believes this will be one of the best moves in baseball this year.
Spending any money on players in any sport is unpopular of late.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
bobafettish*

Don't think taking the Red Sox trash was a wise move, and it seems like every big name import that required a negotiation fee has been a bust

Old
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Don't think taking the Red Sox trash was a wise move, and it seems like every big name import that required a negotiation fee has been a bust
That "trash" consists of one of the best first baseman in baseball and a pitcher who was a cy young candidate as recent as last season (and was a solid 2/3 starter for the dodgers down the stretch). Crawford was showing signs of returning to his former self last season based on peripheral numbers and advanced swing analyses. They didn't have to give up very much, either.

Closed Thread