HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Mr Los Angeles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
first thought that came to mind is Malone and Payton, guys past their prime who are reaching for a championship on a team that is more rep then talent.

and Nash is 38
nash will still get you 10 assists and 15 pts a game while shooting 50%. he still has some years left to him

Old
07-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Mr Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Maybe this deal gives Howard more incentive to come to LA?
well it cant hurt. the only thing is that dwight wants to go somewhere where the offense would run through him. he wants to be the #1 wrinkle in any offenive set. he wont have that chance in LA with kobe. thats one of the reasons why he does not want to be a laker

Old
07-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles View Post
well it cant hurt. the only thing is that dwight wants to go somewhere where the offense would run through him. he wants to be the #1 wrinkle in any offenive set. he wont have that chance in LA with kobe. thats one of the reasons why he does not want to be a laker
Hearing stuff like this makes me appreciate hockey even more. What kind of selfish and greedy ingrate would prefer to have the spotlight at him at all times as opposed to being a part of a winning team? Then again, this is basketball we are talking about.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Mr Los Angeles

i dont see the lakers getting howard but what they should do is continue to pursue kyle korver, rashard lewis, and grant hill. bringing in kyle korver and rashard lewis would give us 2 deadly knock down shooters that would help spread the floor and would be deadly when playing on the floor with nash and or gasol. having a team built around a starting 5 of an elite pg, one of the best scorers in the history of the game, a very steady and dependable player whose probably on his way to the hall of fame as well (hill), and 2 very talented big man offensively and then throw in the fact that you can have kyle korver come off the bench for kobe and rashard lewis come off the bench for hill and have them play with any one of the starting 5. that team would be killer on offense

Old
07-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
NBA draft is nothing like the NHL draft. Out of the top 10 your lucky if 1 or 2 are franchise players. Their is usually one bonafied player that will make an impact.

If they move Bynum for Howard. And Gasol for Josh Smith(ATL) then the Lakers will be scary on both ends since Howard and Smith are both first team defensive players. And none of them are soft.
True, but do you think ATL would do that trade? Smith is thier best player and I'm sure they will want to keep him to try to help lure Howard and Paul next year if both go to free agency.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Hearing stuff like this makes me appreciate hockey even more. What kind of selfish and greedy ingrate would prefer to have the spotlight at him at all times as opposed to being a part of a winning team? Then again, this is basketball we are talking about.
They are not all like that...Howard has just become a nut case that has lost the concept of basketball. So has Bynum and Kobe to a degree that makes me cringe every time he launches a 23-footer with all his teammates standing around.

Nash is a true team player that will make the Lakers better...a Magic Johnson-type that looks to pass first and shoot second, always looking for the "basketball play" rather than the rim.

I do miss the Showtime Lakers...NOW, that was team basketball.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Dodgers actually have a win streak!

Old
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
True, but do you think ATL would do that trade? Smith is thier best player and I'm sure they will want to keep him to try to help lure Howard and Paul next year if both go to free agency.
A few weeks ago ATL and LA had a deal in place Gasol for Smith Straight up. LA asked for Marvin Williams in the deal as well and ATL said no thanks.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:36 PM
21Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Couldn't agree more.

All this "whose team is it?" talk from NBA media and players is nauseating.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Billingsley cannot hold leads. Get rid of him!!!

Old
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
A few weeks ago ATL and LA had a deal in place Gasol for Smith Straight up. LA asked for Marvin Williams in the deal as well and ATL said no thanks.
Ahh okay, my bad I didnt know that.

Old
07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Fire Mattingly and Ned in the offseason.

Old
07-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Fire Mattingly and Ned in the offseason.
If you would have told me in March that the Dodgers would have been 2 games out of 1st and a half game out of the Wild Card with that roster, I would have laughed at you. I think Kasten wont renew Neds contract and while Donnie has made some mistakes, he has gotten this team to over achieve.

On a side note, as of the All Star break Neds record at the reigns of the Dodgers was 558-500 and he has led us to two NLCS's. I know he has depleted the farm but I think a lot of that can be blamed on McCourt wanting to throw in the extra prospects(Santana) to have teams eat contracts.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:56 AM
jml87

Ken_Rosenthal BREAKING: Sources tell me and @jonmorosi: #Hanley to #Dodgers, Eovaldi and prospect to #Marlins.

Wake up call for Hanley. He's better than he's played and has a lot of talent but he's also lazy and immature. Hope he's different in LA. But it doesn't look like the Dodgers gave all that much.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Dodgers took on his full remaining salary.

That's a big investment in someone with a questionable work ethic and a bad reputation in the locker room.

This is a good gamble to take, though. Ramirez is incredibly talented and he gives the lineup an instant injection of power.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Dude, if Ramirez can get motivated that is an absolute STEAL.

Top end 3rd base/shortstop with power, and a decent reliever for a young possible 3-4 rotation pitcher.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:44 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
I'm sure the people of Miami are shocked the big spending lasted a whole half of a season.

Old
07-25-2012, 03:37 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Dude, if Ramirez can get motivated that is an absolute STEAL.

Top end 3rd base/shortstop with power, and a decent reliever for a young possible 3-4 rotation pitcher.
Dempster is next.

I'm shocked that LA got Hanley without giving up Zach Lee.

Old
07-25-2012, 04:05 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Dempster is next.

I'm shocked that LA got Hanley without giving up Zach Lee.
Also sounds like they'll be able to acquire Dempster without including Lee as well.

Old
07-25-2012, 05:48 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Kershaw has really come back down to Earth it seems.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Yeah, he has. But he still has pretty good numbers, just not as dominant as he was last year. He's above 3.00 ERA for the first time this season. I guess it's really different when you're pitching for a team that is dead last in offense. I know the Dodgers didn't have great offense last year, either, but at least he had a healthy Kemp supporting him.

Sad to see Eovaldi go. He has the stuff AND mental toughness (ahem, Billingsley). But we still have other pitching prospects in Zach Lee, Ethan Martin, and Chris Reed so I'm not that sad. Plus, we still have Rubby De La Rosa recovering from TJ. Should we worry that the other prospect Ned gave up is one of those pitchers I just mentioned?

Hanley might play SS tonight. I wonder if he's willing to move back to 3B when Dee comes back from the DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Dodgers took on his full remaining salary.

That's a big investment in someone with a questionable work ethic and a bad reputation in the locker room.

This is a good gamble to take, though. Ramirez is incredibly talented and he gives the lineup an instant injection of power.

If the team was still under McCourt, Ned would've been forced to trade another prospect, say Zach Lee, instead of taking Hanley's full salary.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 07-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old
07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Right? Cappy has hands down been our best pitcher this season. He looks like a man reborn out here in L.A.

Hopefully the same happens to Ramirez.

I also think them trading Eovaldi almost assures that Dempster is on the way VERY soon. We are going to need another starter. Fife looked great in his only start but he isn't ready til he gets some better secondary pitches.

Quote:
Hanley might play SS tonight. I wonder if he's willing to move back to 3B when Dee comes back from the DL.

I think that Ramirez would move to 3rd when Dee is healthy. Uribe's contract is up next season am i right?

Old
07-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post

I think that Ramirez would move to 3rd when Dee is healthy. Uribe's contract is up next season am i right?
I really hope Uribe gets DFA'd once Gordon comes back. I still cant believe he is on the roster, he is owed 7 million next year and I would assume close to 3 this year. He has a better glove then Hairston or Kennedy but he is batting under 200. No need for it now but they could have given Fields a shot at 3rd for the last few months, there is no way he could have been worse then Uribe.

Old
07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
I'm sure the people of Miami are shocked the big spending lasted a whole half of a season.
They got the stadium built, too bad nobody will come to the games-again. Ramirez and Infante moved in a couple of days and they have Nate Eovaldi to show for it, wow. Did Howson take over as GM?

Old
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592

Closed Thread