HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Roster

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
  #501
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
The Flyers have 64 mil committed to the cap next year including all the dead weight, ie Walker. If the cap goes to 69 mil, they can spend another 6.9 in the offseason or 110% of the cap. They can easily erase that extra money dumping walker,LTIR Pronger, etc. So that gives them about 12 mil to spend without trades. My realstically ideal offseason: add Suter(6.5) and Justin Schultz(just under 1), resign Voracek (3.5). That's 11 mil. They can then either trade Mez to sign Carle with the extra mil left over or stay as is. Couturier moves into the top 9. Done til next offseason.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
  #502
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The Flyers have 64 mil committed to the cap next year including all the dead weight, ie Walker. If the cap goes to 69 mil, they can spend another 6.9 in the offseason or 110% of the cap. They can easily erase that extra money dumping walker,LTIR Pronger, etc. So that gives them about 12 mil to spend without trades. My realstically ideal offseason: add Suter(6.5) and Justin Schultz(just under 1), resign Voracek (3.5). That's 11 mil. They can then either trade Mez to sign Carle with the extra mil left over or stay as is. Couturier moves into the top 9. Done til next offseason.
I can guarantee Walker will never see the light of day in the Flyers uniform again unless it was a severe emergency, and I mean severe. So that would immediately knock off 1.7M right there. If Homer knows what's good for the team, he will send Shelley down and not keep a ****ing 1.1M man that doesn't play for **** on a team in the cap era.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
  #503
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I can guarantee Walker will never see the light of day in the Flyers uniform again unless it was a severe emergency, and I mean severe. So that would immediately knock off 1.7M right there. If Homer knows what's good for the team, he will send Shelley down and not keep a ****ing 1.1M man that doesn't play for **** on a team in the cap era.
I agree with you but that dead weight counts against the cap till the start of the season. The Flyers will have no trouble being cap compliant once the season starts, but they will be limited by that 110% maximum during the offseason. That's plenty of money to sign a defenseman or two.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
  #504
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28
 
Giroux 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The Flyers have 64 mil committed to the cap next year including all the dead weight, ie Walker. If the cap goes to 69 mil, they can spend another 6.9 in the offseason or 110% of the cap. They can easily erase that extra money dumping walker,LTIR Pronger, etc. So that gives them about 12 mil to spend without trades. My realstically ideal offseason: add Suter(6.5) and Justin Schultz(just under 1), resign Voracek (3.5). That's 11 mil. They can then either trade Mez to sign Carle with the extra mil left over or stay as is. Couturier moves into the top 9. Done til next offseason.
Shultz can get more then that, I say keep Mezsaros let carle go he is going to get just about 5 mill on open market

Giroux 4 MVP is offline  
Old
05-23-2012, 11:40 PM
  #505
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Shultz can get more then that, I say keep Mezsaros let carle go he is going to get just about 5 mill on open market
Schultz is bound by elc rules. His salary will be under 1 mil, not including bonus. I think even his bonus is locked in a maximum too but not sure. I am sure that there is a specific maximum number that every team can offer so his choice will be completely about fit, not money.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:02 AM
  #506
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Schultz is bound by elc rules. His salary will be under 1 mil, not including bonus. I think even his bonus is locked in a maximum too but not sure. I am sure that there is a specific maximum number that every team can offer so his choice will be completely about fit, not money.
Yep, his contract will be a two year ELC with a base salary of $925,000 per year at the NHL level ($92,500 of the $925,000 will be a signing bonus).
He'll also have $850,000 in achievable performance bonuses each year (the max amount of "A" performance bonuses, he's also automatically eligible for "B" bonuses but there won't be additional money paid by the club [up to $2m, which is why top picks have such high cap hits]).
Without the bonus cushion, his cap hit would be $1,775,000.
With the bonus cushion, it will be $925,000.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:07 AM
  #507
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,994
vCash: 500
Honestly, I think our chances of getting Schultz might be harder than Suter, if you ask me. Even though it would be damn sweet.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-24-2012, 01:27 AM
  #508
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, I think our chances of getting Schultz might be harder than Suter, if you ask me. Even though it would be damn sweet.
I don't know, I think they can make a decent pitch to both.
Schultz in particular would be in a good situation here since we have a need for a player like him.
After the amount of success rookies had last season, he should feel fairly confident that he'll be given a shot and that if he plays well, Lavy will give him a key role even though he's a rookie.
He'd also have a decent shot at achieving a number of his performance bonuses.
Plus, free agents have a large amount of respect for the organization.

I'm cautiously optimistic even though we're never mentioned as a possible destination.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 07:34 AM
  #509
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 633
To reply to all about Parise... don't get me wrong I would LOVE to sign him, I just think the 6.5-7m cap hit would be better spent on D, especially with Kimmo being on his last go round. I would make Parise the 3rd or 4th option behind defense options first.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 07:47 AM
  #510
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The Flyers have 64 mil committed to the cap next year including all the dead weight, ie Walker. If the cap goes to 69 mil, they can spend another 6.9 in the offseason or 110% of the cap. They can easily erase that extra money dumping walker,LTIR Pronger, etc. So that gives them about 12 mil to spend without trades. My realstically ideal offseason: add Suter(6.5) and Justin Schultz(just under 1), resign Voracek (3.5). That's 11 mil. They can then either trade Mez to sign Carle with the extra mil left over or stay as is. Couturier moves into the top 9. Done til next offseason.
Your numbers are a little off. The Flyers off Season Cap figure that they are responsible for is closer to 68M.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 08:49 AM
  #511
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Your numbers are a little off. The Flyers off Season Cap figure that they are responsible for is closer to 68M.
How do you figure? Looking at capgeek, there are 18 forwards, 9 defensemen and 2 goalies already on the books for next season. Those players tie up $61.2M.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM
  #512
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
How do you figure? Looking at capgeek, there are 18 forwards, 9 defensemen and 2 goalies already on the books for next season. Those players tie up $61.2M.
Capgeek doesn't track the off season Cap for teams. The rules are different for the off season. They are giving you a projection for the Season.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 09:00 AM
  #513
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Capgeek doesn't track the off season Cap for teams. The rules are different for the off season. They are giving you a projection for the Season.
I'm just asking you where that extra 7 million dollars you're suggesting is coming from? Even an example would be helpful.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
  #514
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity what is the max you would spend on suter or parise?

I think Parise my best offer would be
8 years at 55 million (little more than danny but zach's younger)

Suter Id go more years
10 years 6.5 million.

Do either of these get done?

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
  #515
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Out of curiosity what is the max you would spend on suter or parise?

I think Parise my best offer would be
8 years at 55 million (little more than danny but zach's younger)

Suter Id go more years
10 years 6.5 million.

Do either of these get done?
It's close, but I think given the market, Parise definitely gets 7 million per and Suter gets a hair closer to 6.7M per. Parise could go as high as 7.5M per, depending on any number of factors and his performance the rest of the post season.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 09:24 AM
  #516
4thline4life
The Mased God
 
4thline4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: n philly
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Signing parise, as much as I would love it, would not be good in the long run imo...a 35 year old parise is not going to justify a 7 mil cap hit.

4thline4life is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
  #517
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Your numbers are a little off. The Flyers off Season Cap figure that they are responsible for is closer to 68M.
64 mil is from Carchidi who said he got that number from the Flyers

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
  #518
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I'm just asking you where that extra 7 million dollars you're suggesting is coming from? Even an example would be helpful.

In the off season you have to account for all players signed to a one way contract regardless of where they played last Season. All players on two way contracts in proportion to the number of days they spent on the roster last Season. And all players given a Qualifying offer, with one way offers counting in full and two way offers counting as two way contracts are.

Adding it up it puts you at close to 68M on the off season Cap. And it could be even higher depending on Q offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
64 mil is from Carchidi who said he got that number from the Flyers
Carchidi is one of the worst sources you could use. Also the Flyers just give out a general number to the press.

In the off season you have to account for all players signed to a one way contract regardless of where they played last Season. All players on two way contracts in proportion to the number of days they spent on the roster last Season. And all players given a Qualifying offer, with one way offers counting in full and two way offers counting as two way contracts are.

Adding it up it puts you at close to 68M on the off season Cap. And it could be even higher depending on Q offers.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:13 AM
  #519
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
64 mil is from Carchidi who said he got that number from the Flyers
Homer in his "end of season" presser said that the number they were told was to be close to 69 million. He also said it will be "business as usual" for the team so that means they plan to spend to that limit I believe.

Also just thought about something, as the Flyers are putting their roster together they won't have the bonus cushion. The expiring CBA now doesn't have it because it was its last year. The Flyers can't go into the off season assuming it will be there, because if it's not and they rely on that to get them under, we are screwed. So most likely they will compile their team without that, unless the NHL promises the franchises it will be there in the next CBA because they have no problem with it. So that gives us about 3.4 million less to work with. But without Shelley, Pronger and Voracek unsigned, we have right around 14 million. That will be enough to sign Voracek and Suter, also to go get a fourth line center.

Prongo is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
  #520
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Homer in his "end of season" presser said that the number they were told was to be close to 69 million. He also said it will be "business as usual" for the team so that means they plan to spend to that limit I believe.

Also just thought about something, as the Flyers are putting their roster together they won't have the bonus cushion. The expiring CBA now doesn't have it because it was its last year. The Flyers can't go into the off season assuming it will be there, because if it's not and they rely on that to get them under, we are screwed. So most likely they will compile their team without that, unless the NHL promises the franchises it will be there in the next CBA because they have no problem with it. So that gives us about 3.4 million less to work with. But without Shelley, Pronger and Voracek unsigned, we have right around 14 million. That will be enough to sign Voracek and Suter, also to go get a fourth line center.
That 69M is the projected Upper Limit for next Season, not the current Flyers Cap situation. The problem is that Pronger counts agains the Off Season Cap. As will Voracek when the Flyers make him a Qualifying Offer to retain his rights. So they won't have that 14M number to work with during the Summer. What the Flyers will have when the Season starts is significantly different then what they have to work with this off season. Due to the Pronger situation, and number of call ups and injuries they had last Season.

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
  #521
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
That 69M is the projected Upper Limit for next Season, not the current Flyers Cap situation. The problem is that Pronger counts agains the Off Season Cap. As will Voracek when the Flyers make him a Qualifying Offer to retain his rights. So they won't have that 14M number to work with during the Summer. What the Flyers will have when the Season starts is significantly different then what they have to work with this off season. Due to the Pronger situation, and number of call ups and injuries they had last Season.
Pronger and Walker are the only two players now that will count against the cap that will be wasted space in the off season. They will be right around the 6.7 million in salary. If the upper limit is 69 million we can spend up to 6.9 over the limit. All the call ups and other bonuses for the Flyers were strictly this season since there was no bonus cushion. Whatever the upper limit of the salary cap will be what the Flyers can spend to. I don't see why you are saying their cap looks different


Last edited by Prongo: 05-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:51 AM
  #522
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Pronger and Walker are the only two players now that will count against the cap that will be wasted space in the off season. They will be right around the 6.7 million in salary. If the upper limit is 69 million we can spend up to 6.9 over the limit. All the call ups and other bonuses for the Flyers were strictly this season since there was no bonus cushion. Whatever the upper limit of the salary cap will be what the Flyers can spend to. I don't see why you are saying their cap looks different
Basically it goes like this I believe: in the summer Walker (on a one-way contract) will count 1.7M towards the cap, and Wellwood will count .166 against the cap (two-way contract and was up on the Flyers roster for 53 days this season). Sestito, Rinaldo, Holmstrom, Bourdon, Gustafsson and Manning will all count slightly towards the cap as well (actual number depending on cap hit and days on the Flyers roster), even if it won't be that much per individual, it adds up a little bit.

mirimon is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
  #523
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Basically it goes like this I believe: in the summer Walker (on a one-way contract) will count 1.7M towards the cap, and Wellwood will count .166 against the cap (two-way contract and was up on the Flyers roster for 53 days this season). Sestito, Rinaldo, Holmstrom, Bourdon, Gustafsson and Manning will all count slightly towards the cap as well (actual number depending on cap hit and days on the Flyers roster), even if it won't be that much per individual, it adds up a little bit.
Okay I gotcha, but why doesn't cap geek include these?? They are supposed to be the best cap website for the NHL! Those numbers aren't included in their calculator.

Walker is but not the minor ones you are talking about with Wellwood and others.

Prongo is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
  #524
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Pronger and Walker are the only two players now that will count against the cap that will be wasted space in the off season. They will be right around the 6.7 million in salary. If the upper limit is 69 million we can spend up to 6.9 over the limit. All the call ups and other bonuses for the Flyers were strictly this season since there was no bonus cushion. Whatever the upper limit of the salary cap will be what the Flyers can spend to. I don't see why you are saying their cap looks different
You are incorrect. You don't see it because you don't know the off season Cap rules.

Here they are.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-...season-cap.php

Teams can exceed the salary cap's upper limit by 10 percent during the off-season. The following count toward the team's cap payroll:

All players on one-way contracts, regardless of where (or if) they were playing the previous year.
All players on two-way contracts, in proportion to the number of days spent on an NHL roster the previous season.
All restricted free agents who have been extended a qualifying offer (while the offer is valid), with one-way qualifying offers counting in full and two-way qualifying offers counting as described in No. 2.
All restricted free agents signed to an offer sheet (such players count against the team extending the offer sheet while it is still valid).
All buyouts.


As an example, Oskars Bartulis is signed to a One way contract. So his 600K will count towards the Flyers off season Cap. And players once offered a Qualifying Offer will also count tawards the Off Season Cap. As an example, Voracek who will most certainly be given a Q offer to retain his rights, which will be a one way offer, will then count against the Off Season Cap. His Qualifying Offer will be 2.25M. If you don't beleive that number is accurate. Feel free to go to Capgeek.com and use the Qualifying Offer Calculator

VanSciver is offline  
Old
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
  #525
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Okay I gotcha, but why doesn't cap geek include these?? They are supposed to be the best cap website for the NHL! Those numbers aren't included in their calculator.

Walker is but not the minor ones you are talking about with Wellwood and others.
As I stated earlier, Capgeek does not calculate the Off Season Cap. They state that clearly on thier website. They offer a projected in Season Cap for each team.

VanSciver is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.