HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ||| Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?

Old
08-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
Why has Sony been behind the ****ing 8 ball in all of this?? This is getting ridiculous already. The 2nd DLC will be available next week and for some inexplicable reason, they still don't have a tentative release date with DawnStar.

This whole ordeal has made me think long and hard about converting to XBox once the next gen consoles come out.

On a sidenote: The Hearthfire addition looks pretty cool!
It's not sony doing it... Bethesda is terrible at making anything on the play station.. So they pretty much direct port it.. And they havent released dawnguard because it's not running to their standards yet..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It's not sony doing it... Bethesda is terrible at making anything on the play station.. So they pretty much direct port it.. And they havent released dawnguard because it's not running to their standards yet..
It kinda is Sony's fault because XBox offered a ****ton of money to Bethesda to complete their DLC first and foremost while Sony doesn't even attempt to get in on the action and decides to wait it out as a cost cutting measure (which could very well be another several months from now...or even more) and not wanting to go that extra step in providing their gamers with timely content on their platform. I don't blame Bethesda one bit as Microsoft is paying them good money to get their DLC developed first.

I'm just really sick of Sony getting left in the dust most of the time when it comes to competing with XBox for exclusivity rights (ME 1, Gears Of War), non-buggy gameplay (Fallout: NV, Skyrim on the PS3 has major framerate issues in some parts. NV has gotten to the point of been unplayable) and DLC.

XBox has shown that they're willing to pay to get what they want...Sony on the other hand...?

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:57 PM
whiplash

Been slowly getting into Dawngaurd. Even that default crossbow they give you at the beginning is ****ing badass. Anyone know if there are further ones to be had or if smithing them is an option?

whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Been slowly getting into Dawngaurd. Even that default crossbow they give you at the beginning is ****ing badass. Anyone know if there are further ones to be had or if smithing them is an option?
What I really liked about the crossbow is that the first real mission has an enchanting table in the dungeon. Let's high level players step it up quickly and gives an edge to the lower levels.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
No that's the only crossbow in the game (so far). Although you can upgrade it, and get different bolt types.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Quote:
Talk to Sorine Jurard. There's a few different quests you can do to get schematics that will unlock a couple new crossbows and fun new bolts.

Sad King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:34 AM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Is there a quest line similar to Reunification of Skyrim? The army battles for forts and cities were a ton of fun and I haven't yet encountered anything that matches that.

Great game, bought it last month. First one I've played in the Elder Scrolls series but I'll definitely be picking up the next.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:47 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Quote:
It kinda is Sony's fault because XBox offered a ****ton of money to Bethesda to complete their DLC first and foremost while Sony doesn't even attempt to get in on the action and decides to wait it out as a cost cutting measure (which could very well be another several months from now...or even more) and not wanting to go that extra step in providing their gamers with timely content on their platform. I don't blame Bethesda one bit as Microsoft is paying them good money to get their DLC developed first.

I'm just really sick of Sony getting left in the dust most of the time when it comes to competing with XBox for exclusivity rights (ME 1, Gears Of War), non-buggy gameplay (Fallout: NV, Skyrim on the PS3 has major framerate issues in some parts. NV has gotten to the point of been unplayable) and DLC.

XBox has shown that they're willing to pay to get what they want...Sony on the other hand...?
Sounds like you just want to jump ship and are making lame excuses at this point, or are a Bethesda employee or homer apologist. Pay for more broken garbage? I'm sure if you hired a contractor to make you a house and it turned out crap you would pay him to redo it. :h elp:

Not enough help signs on this forum for this "reasoning".

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
No that's the only crossbow in the game (so far). Although you can upgrade it, and get different bolt types.
I am pretty sure there are two types of crossbows.
Crossbows (And Enhanced) and Dwarven Crossbows (And Enhanced)

Many different bolts. I prefer it over the dragonbone bow to be honest.

Inub0i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Krishna

Bethesda on PS3's DLC for Skyrim

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
Sounds like you just want to jump ship and are making lame excuses at this point, or are a Bethesda employee or homer apologist. Pay for more broken garbage? I'm sure if you hired a contractor to make you a house and it turned out crap you would pay him to redo it. :h elp:

Not enough help signs on this forum for this "reasoning".
Lame excuses?

Can you please elaborate on what point you're trying to make?

Or are you simply trying to act "cool" and "edgy" by baiting me into a flamefest in which you're trying desperately to impress your e-peers by getting on your soapbox and spewing your pretentious blabble? (which in that case, would explain alot)

As a PS3 user, who doesn't want to purchase a brand new system, I don't think I'm out of line in my rants against Sony and their whole slipshod approach in how they run their gaming business.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Bethesda on PS3's DLC for Skyrim

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

So basically they're just making excuses at this point?

Also are they implying that the XBox isn't a equally powerful system like the PS3?

Old
08-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Krishna

Quote:
So basically they're just making excuses at this point?

Also are they implying that the XBox isn't a equally powerful system like the PS3?

Their problem is that they code the games for PC and xbox and port it over to PS3 to save them time

Old
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

I'm glad I have an XBOX.

The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Dawnguard looks rather weak anyway, going to be trading in Skyrim toward a Wii U for the kids. Platniumed it months ago, pity they couldn't make any worthwhile DLC in a timely fashion or actually make it work on the system

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:26 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Quote:
Lame excuses?

Can you please elaborate on what point you're trying to make?

Or are you simply trying to act "cool" and "edgy" by baiting me into a flamefest in which you're trying desperately to impress your e-peers by getting on your soapbox and spewing your pretentious blabble? (which in that case, would explain alot)

As a PS3 user, who doesn't want to purchase a brand new system, I don't think I'm out of line in my rants against Sony and their whole slipshod approach in how they run their gaming business.
Lol cool and edgy? I wish. Just calling it like I see it, know attempt to start a flame war. You're the one up about Sony for broken games they didn't dev and not dishing out more money to get dlc for the broken game sooner while crying about how they didn't get a couple games that are Xbox exclusive only. You do know the reason the game was advertised as being so was because the Company that made the game agreed to do so with Microsoft, and would probably go bankrupt or never get taken on again after for breaching the terms of contract to port it to PS3 right? I guess Microsoft must be pretentious as well then for not getting rights to every game out there as well.

But come next gen enjoy your Xbox. Your choice.

Also if you had past experience with Bethesda's multiple, crappy broken ports why would expect what they hadn't bothered to
change yet? Especially if you bought it any later than 2-3 days after release.

Last edited by kovatroll*: 08-30-2012 at 09:53 PM.
kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
Lol cool and edgy? I wish. Just calling it like I see it, know attempt to start a flame war. You're the one up about Sony for broken games they didn't dev and not dishing out more money to get dlc for the broken game sooner while crying about how they didn't get a couple games that are Xbox exclusive only. You do know the reason the game was advertised as being so was because the Company that made the game agreed to do so with Microsoft, and would probably go bankrupt or never get taken on again after for breaching the terms of contract to port it to PS3 right? I guess Microsoft must be pretentious as well then for not getting rights to every game out there as well.

But come next gen enjoy your Xbox. Your choice.

Also if you had past experience with Bethesda's multiple, crappy broken ports why would expect what they hadn't bothered to
change yet? Especially if you bought it any later than 2-3 days after release.

"know attempt to start a flame war." For starters, if you're attempting to be condescending in any way, it would behoove you to first find out what is wrong with the above sentence .

As far as your exclusive rights argument goes, why does XBox still have Gears of War as an exclusive series while PS3 went out and purchased the rights to develop and distribute the Mass Effect series (a past XBox exclusive) after the first one?

So I guess it's possible for Sony to purchase rights and cut deals with game developers so they stay ahead of the curve from their competition. Right??? herp derp....

Lastly, you're acting like this is all common knowledge for the average gamer. I've never experienced problems in the past when I had a PS2. So why would I think that Sony would create a sub-par system this time around?

But based on your inability to distinguish between "know" and "no", I'm probably arguing with a 10 yr old that looks alot like the fat kid in his avatar for all I *know*.

* proper use of the word.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by Darkhorse1280: 08-31-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old
08-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
"

As far as your exclusive rights argument goes, why does XBox still have Gears of War as an exclusive series while PS3 went out and purchased the rights to develop and distribute the Mass Effect series (a past XBox exclusive) after the first one?

So I guess it's possible for Sony to purchase rights and cut deals with game developers so they stay ahead of the curve from their competition. Right??? herp derp....

Between Mass Effect 1 and 2, EA bought Bioware. When was the last time EA made an exclusive game for a platform?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Between Mass Effect 1 and 2, EA bought Bioware. When was the last time EA made an exclusive game for a platform?
That doesn't explain the DLC problems that Sony is having with Dawnguard and Hearthfire. If the PS3 is able to process the machine code for Skyrim successfully, then why are they saying in this press release that "it's not possible" to add on to it?

It doesn't make sense, code is code. It's either right...or wrong...yes...or no. If the rumours are true, then I'll just have to wait next year for XBox 720 to be released. No sense in buying a new 360 system at this point in time.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Krishna

Code is not code. You can't just write for one console and then port it over to the other and not expect tons of bugs..

Old
08-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Code is not code. You can't just write for one console and then port it over to the other and not expect tons of bugs..
Then...de-bug?

Part of a programmer's job is to debug the program after they're done working on it.

I don't know, am I missing something where I should be more sympathetic towards Sony's overall ineptitude?

Old
08-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Krishna

THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Debugging.

It's not sony that does the damn debugging. It's the developers.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Debugging.

It's not sony that does the damn debugging. It's the developers.
Are you seriously ******* kidding me right now?

You don't think I don't know that the game developers are the ones responsible for coding?

It is their job (Bethesda) to come up with solutions to this bug problem that they're having with the PS3 version.

It is also Sony's fault for creating a platform that can't convert the machine code properly.

But besides all of that, why is Skyrim the only ******* open-world game on the PS3 platform that Bethesda is claiming is "not possible" to add DLC to?

Do you really think that both Sony and Bethesda didn't foresee this type of problem before the development phase started??

And from the latest article that I've read about an hour ago, it looks like Dawnguard or any other Skyrim DLC for the PS3 will not be released after all.

I have no idea why you're rushing to their defense all of the sudden, but as a PS3 gamer, I find all of these "can't do" explanations that they're releasing to the public to be nothing but a bunch of BS.

Last edited by Darkhorse1280: 08-31-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Krishna

I'm not rushing to their defense. You are faulting both of them for something that no other console has done without faults correctly.

You can't just direct port games to another console and expect it to be a bugfree game. Bethesda's problem was thinking they could do that.

Old
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

This IS BethSoft you guys are *****ing about. Their games are buggy enough on the platforms they're designed to run on.

Sad King Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote