HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ||| Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?

Old
05-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Alpha
英霊

vCash: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
The Elder Scrolls ‏ @ElderScrolls
Be on the lookout for the first DLC info tomorrow

via twitter, don't know how to actually copy something from it ...
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/U...now_Prince!%3F

Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 500
What did you think is the most disopointing thing about Skyrim?

I have to say its the game worlds size. Its fantastic looking and everything but it feels so small, like they pressed everything togheter. Smaller and more detailed is what many people often want, i rather have huge game world size with the same amount of details but more scattered becuse it gives me a more realistic feeling. Have anyone been out and walked/explored something for hours? Traveling takes time! Just looking at a mountain and knowing that you can go beyond that, and beyond whats on the other side and beyond that etc is an epic feeling. While skyrim has a big gameworld, it starts to feel small after awhile, likve youve seen everything. Cities are just a stonethrow away from eachother etc. I also think it should be harder getting weapons, armor etc.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post

I have to say its the game worlds size. Its fantastic looking and everything but it feels so small, like they pressed everything togheter. Smaller and more detailed is what many people often want, i rather have huge game world size with the same amount of details but more scattered becuse it gives me a more realistic feeling. Have anyone been out and walked/explored something for hours? Traveling takes time! Just looking at a mountain and knowing that you can go beyond that, and beyond whats on the other side and beyond that etc is an epic feeling. While skyrim has a big gameworld, it starts to feel small after awhile, likve youve seen everything. Cities are just a stonethrow away from eachother etc. I also think it should be harder getting weapons, armor etc.
Besides how much the magic skills are underpowered in comparison to the archery and melee ones that get tons of bonuses, i'd probably say the lack of ACTUAL bosses for quests and caves.. Everything is usually the size of the character, sans dragons, and it begins to get boring after a bit

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

^ Totally agree with those last 2 posts.

Weaps/Armour don't really need to get harder to aquire but some more equipment options would be nice.

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Krishna

Also figure out a way to fix the exploits where you can get tons of alchemy and enchantment experience super quickly

Old
05-01-2012, 08:08 AM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Also figure out a way to fix the exploits where you can get tons of alchemy and enchantment experience super quickly
Smithing as well.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Smithing as well.
It was fixed with 1.4 or 1.5

Old
05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
It was fixed with 1.4 or 1.5
Oh ha I rented it randomly last month and ran through it in a week so if the fix was sometime ago it is still stupidly easy to get to the highest level of smithing and having the best gear way way before you should.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Oh ha I rented it randomly last month and ran through it in a week so if the fix was sometime ago it is still stupidly easy to get to the highest level of smithing and having the best gear way way before you should.

haha that's cute

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
kingsholygrail
puppymonkeybaby

Quote:
Besides how much the magic skills are underpowered in comparison to the archery and melee ones that get tons of bonuses, i'd probably say the lack of ACTUAL bosses for quests and caves.. Everything is usually the size of the character, sans dragons, and it begins to get boring after a bit
Uhm... I dunno. I watched my friend walk around with his spell casting pressed down and zapped everything within range at -100% cost to all his destruction spells. He just Palpatined his way through the game untouchable on hard settings. lol

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:31 AM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
haha that's cute
When you're in between jobs and your partner loves gaming there is lots of time and opportunities to play.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post

I have to respectfully disagree here. One of the best gaming experiences I've had thus far was simply meandering around the world of Skyrim and encountering Bandit hideouts, Draugr Caves, Giant lairs, random pissed off Destruction Mages etc. It's been months and I still haven't reach every black icon on my map...I'm still loving every minute of exploring the vast reaches of the province.

I agree with the poster who said the lack of bosses. It gets pretty lame when the closest thing to a boss is a Bandit Chief, a Forsworn Briarheart, Hagraven, Nimbhe the spider etc...lame...hope they change this with either the new DLC or next game in 5 to 6 years (probably longer imo)

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Blueline Bomber
Fear the Beard

I was disappointed you still couldn't fletch arrows. It's a minor complaint, but one nonetheless. Especially considering mods to do so have been added to Elder Scroll games for as long as I can remember.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
cynicism

If you're looking for mini-bosses, set about collecting all the Dragon Priest masks.

For me, the biggest disappointments are the glitches. I know you can't foresee everything and deadlines exist for a reason, but wouldn't it be better to hold off a couple weeks on a release date to fix most of the glitches?

Another disappointment is the civil war quest line. Regardless of which side you choose, the quests are 98% the same. They should put some variety in there, so that picking a side actually means something in terms of gameplay. Also, you shouldn't be able to join the Empire and then participate in the Dark Brotherhood questline where you kill the emperor. Choices should have real consequences beyond dialogue options and gear.

cynicism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

My only major complaint is how needy and whiny the community has been over Skyrim. If you go on over to Bethesda's Skyrim's forum it seems every other post is "Skyrim sucks because there's no Arrow fletching", "Skyrim sucks because it's not Morrowind", "Skyrim sucks because it sucks and Morrowind is the better game and why isn't Skyrim more like Morrowind!!!????"

People easily forget how much time and effort Bethesda put in to Skyrim, and how tirelessly the company has worked to fix glitches, patch the game and release the Creation Kit. I think one of Bethesda's great qualities is how loyal they are to their costumers, and how dedicated they are to making us happy.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
My only major complaint is how needy and whiny the community has been over Skyrim. If you go on over to Bethesda's Skyrim's forum it seems every other post is "Skyrim sucks because there's no Arrow fletching", "Skyrim sucks because it's not Morrowind", "Skyrim sucks because it sucks and Morrowind is the better game and why isn't Skyrim more like Morrowind!!!????"

People easily forget how much time and effort Bethesda put in to Skyrim, and how tirelessly the company has worked to fix glitches, patch the game and release the Creation Kit. I think one of Bethesda's great qualities is how loyal they are to their costumers, and how dedicated they are to making us happy.
It still would be nice to be able to make arrows.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
It still would be nice to be able to make arrows.
I found I always had way too many arrows

A minor thing that bugs me is that every time you pass a person they say a stupid line to you . Thats great and all but after the initial greeting why can't they just stay quiet or say something. Loved the music, but I hit mute whenever I'd go into town.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:

A minor thing that bugs me is that every time you pass a person they say a stupid line to you . Thats great and all but after the initial greeting why can't they just stay quiet or say something. Loved the music, but I hit mute whenever I'd go into town.
I agree, the voice acting is a little weak. Kudos to Hogan and Claudia Christiansen though for their roles.

I do think a lot of the Voice acting for the Nords is very forced in the accent and tone. And I wish Bethesda would pick a physical description and accent for Argonians and stick with it. I think Bethesda did a great job with the Khajits and their look and voices.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Krishna

Quote:

As I got better bows, i started using stronger arrows.. I would have hundreds of the arrows that did less than 10 damage.. But I wouldn't use them as I want more damage... Falmer arrows suck

Old
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

Quote:
As I got better bows, i started using stronger arrows.. I would have hundreds of the arrows that did less than 10 damage.. But I wouldn't use them as I want more damage... Falmer arrows suck
Hmmm, I know what you mean, steel, iron and falmer blow, but for me whenever I bought the next level of bow, be it orcish, glass, ebony etc, I always just happened to pick them up. I think I bought arrows twice the whole time.

Also, I know this happens to every game, but for me about midway money became pointless. Because if your smart you'll try and save cash and pick up everything not needed and sell it, but then its like whats the point?

Old
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Blueline Bomber
Fear the Beard

Using iron arrows with a Daedric bow simply out of necessity sucks. I'd have 800 Iron/steel/falmer arrows and less than 100 of orchish/elven/ebony/daedric ones.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree here. One of the best gaming experiences I've had thus far was simply meandering around the world of Skyrim and encountering Bandit hideouts, Draugr Caves, Giant lairs, random pissed off Destruction Mages etc. It's been months and I still haven't reach every black icon on my map...I'm still loving every minute of exploring the vast reaches of the province.

I agree with the poster who said the lack of bosses. It gets pretty lame when the closest thing to a boss is a Bandit Chief, a Forsworn Briarheart, Hagraven, Nimbhe the spider etc...lame...hope they change this with either the new DLC or next game in 5 to 6 years (probably longer imo)
Sure but the enviorments quickly become repetive imo. You have snowy landscapes, tundra, forest and more mountain landscapes part. Keeping the same amount of caves etc but increase the distants/Make more landscapes would be even more epic too me. I wouldnt mind a 4x times larger map with the same amount of caves etc. But i guess i am alone on this..

And i agree with the bosses.. so lame.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

There's a reason why Bethesda put so much time in to the Creation Kit, it's because they know they couldn't add every possible thing to the game that they wanted. Thus they once again have allowed the modding community to take over and continue developing the game.

If you have a problem with the game, there's a 90%+ chance that there's a mod out there to fix it.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Tommy Torini
Hell of a thing baby

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/01/dawnguard/

Disappointing. An announcement of an announcement.

Tommy Torini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/01/dawnguard/

Disappointing. An announcement of an announcement.
Yeah, I was extremely disappointed. Very poor release of information on Bethesdas part.