Sabres @ Jets | Mon Mar 5 | 7CT | Game 67 | "Buffalo Wings Edition..."

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Saw that as well.

Not really sure if he can handle 2nd pairing minutes but I think the pairing of Stuart-Jones is tailormade for the 3rd.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Saw that as well.

Not really sure if he can handle 2nd pairing minutes but I think the pairing of Stuart-Jones is tailormade for the 3rd.
Agree on the 3rd line pairing, and that's why I was thinking Hainsey - Clitsome.

A little scary. Clitsome's going to be up against some difficult lines - Hainsey's going to have to be at the top of his game.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:55 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Sex while watching the Jets >>>>>>>>> Sex

Only if between periods...

I've tried to get Mrs. Monty onboard with this plan, but considering we've been together over 30 years, and televised hockey doesn't get her worked up, I'm lucky that I get served dinner most game nights.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Sex while watching the Jets >>>>>>>>> Sex
"Doggy style... so both can watch the game"

Old
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Agree on the 3rd line pairing, and that's why I was thinking Hainsey - Clitsome.

A little scary. Clitsome's going to be up against some difficult lines - Hainsey's going to have to be at the top of his game.
I defiantly like seeing Jones sheltered a bit with a guy like Stuart. So if that leaves Clitsome with Hainsey, well, I guess we are going to see what he's got.

At the very least Noel has coached him before, so if he thought it was absurd he wouldn't be doing it. So that gives me at least a little comfort thinking that Noel thinks he can handle it.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I was going to post this as a possible roster setup, but thought it would be silly to assume that Clitsome would get 2nd pairing minutes. To me, it seemed logical to pair Stuart and Jones, but didn't think that Clitsome would be a reasonable 2nd line pairing for the first game.

Weird - thoughts?

From the frying pan and into the fire with ye!
Thank you NOEL!!! All reports have Clitsome as average to unreliable defensively, pairing Jones with ANYONE who is not very good defensively is a massive blunder, as we all found out in the Edmonton game. (Not to mention EVERY other time he's been with Flood and remember the awesomeness of the Byfuglien - Jones pairing).

I was really hoping Flood would draw in to play with Stuart so he could play LD on the 2nd PP unit with Stapleton on RD which seems to really work. Clitsome is LH, so he won't be able to release his shot as well, also will have limited practice time with the PP and Hainsey is also LH but you gotta go with one of them now in that spot. Probably Hainsey for today.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I defiantly like seeing Jones sheltered a bit with a guy like Stuart. So if that leaves Clitsome with Hainsey, well, I guess we are going to see what he's got.

At the very least Noel has coached him before, so if he thought it was absurd he wouldn't be doing it. So that gives me at least a little comfort thinking that Noel thinks he can handle it.
Honestly, I'd rather see Clitsome with Enstrom. He is defensive minded, and has some grit in his game. I think it would allow Toby to rush the puck a little more.

Buff/ Hainsey might scare me a bit, but again, its an offensive guy with a defensive player.

03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:

Could be a real coaching duel here. Ruff loves to match lines and will try to get pominville, Roy, Vanek against them. I assume Noel will use his home ice advantage wisely. Too bad it's not Ron Wilson, who seemed to never match lines versus us.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Could be a real coaching duel here. Ruff loves to match lines and will try to get pominville, Roy, Vanek against them. I assume Noel will use his home ice advantage wisely. Too bad it's not Ron Wilson, who seemed to never match lines versus us.
If Ruff wants to take advantage of the Jets he will look to get Roy and Pominville up against the Stuart-Jones pairing. Roy and Pominville will eat Jones alive with their speed. I hope Stuart is ready to have a big game.

EDIT: Dammit, I sound like a broken ****ing record. I hate this. Please get rid of this guy.

and GO JETS GO!

Old
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Coach Claude Noel Game Day Press Conference

Coach Noel game day presser - Bogosian is out, Clitsome playing right side with Hainsey. Talk of the Sabres. Keys to the game. Eager to face Ruff? What he thinks of the Sabres. Are lines set?

To listen click here.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Could be a real coaching duel here. Ruff loves to match lines and will try to get pominville, Roy, Vanek against them. I assume Noel will use his home ice advantage wisely.
He's pretty sharp that way - should be a good duel. I'm assuming that one of the reasons he feels more comfortable with going with this pairing up against your Sabres *IS* the fact he has last change.

Bit of a toss-up between 2nd and 3rd though - Hainsey can log the 2nd line minutes no prob, but Stuart is incredibly solid defensively. A bit of weakness on both pairings with both Clitsome and Jones. Better than together though - your Sabres would pick them apart, methinks.

Quote:
Too bad it's not Ron Wilson, who seemed to never match lines versus us.
He herp-derped himself right into the un-employment line.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
He herp-derped himself right into the un-employment line.
Absolute moron. I was at a game in Toronto where Wilson let Ruff match Regehr against Kessel all night long during part of sked where Sabres were dressing rookies on back line because of injuries. It's hard to believe Leafs cannot get better with Carlyle. How much better with that goaltending is questionable.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
sully1410

I have a feeling that Kane is going to have a huge friggen game.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I hope so, when he plays well the team tends to win. I've found that his success really impacts the game. Some players put up sneaky number, whereas when he plays well it changes the game.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Good luck tonight Jets fans, im sure that building will be rocking. Finally the nation will see how loud that place is.

Miller shows up - Sabres 2 Jets 1
Miller sucks - Sabres 1 Jets 4

Old
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
iruvthejetsinedm

Quote:
I have a feeling that he'll get a hat trick and the ice would be swarmed with hats. Imagine what it'll be like for fans at the Hangar to finally see a hat trick in the Jets 2.0 era

Old
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Ulf Hullberg

I'm looking forward to see how much Hodgson's game has grown since he was with the Moose.

On a another note...I'm glad the Jets don't have to deal with big Gaustad down the middle.

It's gonna be a racetrack tonite!

Old
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by iruvthejetsinedm View Post
I have a feeling that he'll get a hat trick and the ice would be swarmed with hats. Imagine what it'll be like for fans at the Hangar to finally see a hat trick in the Jets 2.0 era
I was ready last game with my home depot hat
It would have been crazy for him to get a hatty on free hat day

Old
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
DickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
Gilmer Bryan Morgan II, OD (born September 25, 1946) is an American professional golfer.Although he won only seven events on the PGA Tour between 1977 and 1990 and didn't win a major until the Senior Tour, he was one of the most consistent top five finishers on the Tour during this period. His swing was often criticized for his "flying elbow" which some thought resembled a chicken wing--thus the reference in the ad.
That's fricking awesome. I hope that's true because it's too cool and sooooo outrageously trivial.

I'm impressed either way ;-)

Old
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
iruvthejetsinedm

So anyway does anyone living in Edmonton know if any local sports bars/pubs will be showing the Jets game before the Oilers game tonight? The Sabres@Jets game starts at 6 pm mst/Oilers@Ducks game starts at 8 pm mst. Does anyone know if the game will end even if it goes to a shootout before they (the sports bar employees decide to change all the channels to the Oilers game?)

Old
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
it'll be interesting to see which D Ruff tries to match up against Kanes line, gotta think Sekera will get 1st dibs (head & shoulders Buffalos best D-man this year).

Good luck tonite, here's to a great game with playoff intensity.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I think the key to our turn around has been that we finally have two scoring lines.

Kane-Burmi-Wellwood have been money for us. I figured they would cool down eventually, but they gel really well.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
So anyway does anyone living in Edmonton know if any local sports bars/pubs will be showing the Jets game before the Oilers game tonight? The Sabres@Jets game starts at 6 pm mst/Oilers@Ducks game starts at 8 pm mst. Does anyone know if the game will end even if it goes to a shootout before they (the sports bar employees decide to change all the channels to the Oilers game?)
I have yet to find a decent authentic "sports bar" in this city that shows games besides the Oilers, Lauffs or Habs. It's like the other teams don't exist out here.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
iruvthejetsinedm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
I have yet to find a decent authentic "sports bar" in this city that shows games besides the Oilers, Lauffs or Habs. It's like the other teams don't exist out here.
Do you think it'll be a good idea to phone every sports bar (I'm thinking of phoning the Brewsters Oliver Square, Canadian Brewhouse (I was there last week), and Hudsons Tap House (Downtown and Whyte) to see if they'll be showing any hockey games with sound before the Oilers game tonight?

Old
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Do you think it'll be a good idea to phone every sports bar (I'm thinking of phoning the Brewsters Oliver Square, Canadian Brewhouse (I was there last week), and Hudsons Tap House (Downtown and Whyte) to see if they'll be showing any hockey games with sound before the Oilers game tonight?
I'd imagine if youre a paying customer and you get there by 5:45, most places would oblige youre request of Jets game + sound on at least 1 TV (at least any sports bar worth a damn)...and i cant imagine them saying sorry, after 2 hours of watching Jets, but we're changing this 1 tv youve been watching to the Oilers. Unless I am missing something about Edmonton sports bars...calling ahead couldnt hurt though.

Closed Thread