Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
I'd imagine if youre a paying customer and you get there by 5:45, most places would oblige youre request of Jets game + sound on at least 1 TV (at least any sports bar worth a damn)...and i cant imagine them saying sorry, after 2 hours of watching Jets, but we're changing this 1 tv youve been watching to the Oilers. Unless I am missing something about Edmonton sports bars...calling ahead couldnt hurt though.
Agree with you

Most places tend to be pretty good with stuff like this.

Especially if you are buying dinner and drinking beer for 2.5-3 hours

Old
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
This game should be an easy two points. I only see us losing if Pavelec lets in a few soft goals. Buffalo is on the end of a long road trip and the Jets are coming off a 7-0 win and are going to be fresh with 3 days off.

I see a tight checking hard hitting physical game where the Jets slowly take over the game in the 2nd. 2-1 Jets.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
iruvthejetsinedm

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Agree with you

Most places tend to be pretty good with stuff like this.

Especially if you are buying dinner and drinking beer for 2.5-3 hours
I wouldn't mind buying dinner and drinking beer for 2.5-3 hrs since I drink/eat slow. For nachos with the works on a large plate, I couldn't finish it in time and alone before the Oil@Jets game ended. But yeah, I just want an excuse to wear my #8 Burmistrov Jets home jersey in public and to hopefully blend in with fellow Jets fans too.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Good luck tonight Jets fans, im sure that building will be rocking. Finally the nation will see how loud that place is.

Miller shows up - Sabres 2 Jets 1
Miller sucks - Sabres 1 Jets 4
What if Pavelec shows up?

03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
This game should be an easy two points. I only see us losing if Pavelec lets in a few soft goals. Buffalo is on the end of a long road trip and the Jets are coming off a 7-0 win and are going to be fresh with 3 days off.

I see a tight checking hard hitting physical game where the Jets slowly take over the game in the 2nd. 2-1 Jets.
I disagree. The Sabres are red hot. They can see the playoffs. We are dressing Jones and an unknown in Clitsome.

Bench management is going to have to be near perfect for Noel tonight.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
I'd imagine if youre a paying customer and you get there by 5:45, most places would oblige youre request of Jets game + sound on at least 1 TV (at least any sports bar worth a damn)...and i cant imagine them saying sorry, after 2 hours of watching Jets, but we're changing this 1 tv youve been watching to the Oilers. Unless I am missing something about Edmonton sports bars...calling ahead couldnt hurt though.
Yes, you can call ahead and see. However, if there are a majority of people that are watching something else, and there aren't enough tvs to go around, then you are sol. That is my experience out here.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Buffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Sabres fan coming in to say good luck tomorrow! May both teams play a good game with no injuries. Sabres have been impressive lately, but I don't expect it to last. I think the Jets take us apart.

3-1 Jets
Good luck and.........nice avatar.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Just tweeted Bogo:

Quote:
Damnit Zach stop getting injured

That should do it, you're welcome everyone.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Just tweeted Bogo:

Good man, bro.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I disagree. The Sabres are red hot. They can see the playoffs. We are dressing Jones and an unknown in Clitsome.

Bench management is going to have to be near perfect for Noel tonight.
Buffalo is scoring challenged. I don't know what happened in Vancouver, but in the 5 previous games, Buffalo averaged 1.6 goals per game in regulation, never scoring more than 2. A couple by Kane and one by our sniper (Thorburn) should be all we need.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Just tweeted Bogo:

Contrary to the youtube guy who wants him taken out at the knees?

Old
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Contrary to the youtube guy who wants him taken out at the knees?
Exactly, I thought after that he needed some positive reinforcement that one can only get from "Damnit Zach stop getting injured".

Old
03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Just win baby

And because I say it in every GDT
Go Jets Go!

Old
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Exactly, I thought after that he needed some positive reinforcement that one can only get from "Damnit Zach stop getting injured".
Well done.

I love the youtube vids Bogo posts.. My 2 favs are buddy getting scared and punching his computer monitor (and pissing himself in the process) and the one where the girl gets the watermelon in the face.

I do not recommend watching these if you are at work and have to answer a phone within 10 minutes.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 03-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

last game I called the shut out for Pavs 3-0 (I didn't think our O would go off like they did).

As another poster said earlier my heart is saying Jets my head is screaming Buffalo. I just don't like our defense at all after the Johnny O trade and with Bogo out. I do agree with not repeating the Jones Flood blunder from the Edmonton game but still I am feeling nervous just thinking about the match ups. We will need Pavs to match Miller...........and BTW we really need our crowd to try to rattle the hottest player in the NHL last week.

To be honest I do like Buffalo......I think Ruff has been a very good long term coach and I love Pegula as an owner because he seems really down to earth. If we can't make it to the playoffs Buffalo would be high on my list but not tonight

edit: i just saw that Buffalo's first line has been totally cold on this road trip so far......I sure hope they don't break out of their slump tonight

Last edited by ps241: 03-05-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Only if between periods...

I've tried to get Mrs. Monty onboard with this plan, but considering we've been together over 30 years, and televised hockey doesn't get her worked up, I'm lucky that I get served dinner most game nights.
You get served dinner???

Old
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
MadMen88

The Jets will win, this is a no brainer, the only question now is...whose gonna score the most goals? Will it be Kane, Byfuglien, Ladd, Wheeler, or will it be someone like Jimmy Slater or Chris Thorburn. I can't believe people actually think the Sabres have a chance at this one...not only have the Jets been playing really well as of late, but once again, they're playing AT HOME and let's face it, the Jets are lethal in this position. The Jets will win tonight. It's just a matter of how big the celebrations will be. I predict a 3-2 OT win if Miller stands on his head. If not, this will be another blowout. 6 goals by the Jets. THIS IS GONNA BE YET ANOTHER WINNIPEG...FIRST DOWN! Bring it on Western Canada!

Old
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMen88 View Post
The Jets will win, this is a no brainer, the only question now is...whose gonna score the most goals? Will it be Kane, Byfuglien, Ladd, Wheeler, or will it be someone like Jimmy Slater or Chris Thorburn. I can't believe people actually think the Sabres have a chance at this one...not only have the Jets been playing really well as of late, but once again, they're playing AT HOME and let's face it, the Jets are lethal in this position. The Jets will win tonight. It's just a matter of how big the celebrations will be. I predict a 3-2 OT win if Miller stands on his head. If not, this will be another blowout. 6 goals by the Jets. THIS IS GONNA BE YET ANOTHER WINNIPEG...FIRST DOWN! Bring it on Western Canada!
I'm not sure you realize how good buffalo has been of late...

Old
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
s1g

Quote:
What if Pavelec shows up?
Pavelec will not only get the shutout, but will be so awesome that he will go back in time and retroactively take back previous goals scored from the Buffalo franchise. My prediction for tonight's game:

Jets 4
Sabres -7

Old
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
TheDeuce

vCash: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
Pavelec will not only get the shutout, but will be so awesome that he will go back in time and retroactively take back previous goals scored from the Buffalo franchise. My prediction for tonight's game:

Jets 4
Sabres -7
1. Make sure he takes those goals from the OT loss in Buffalo. That extra point would come in handy in the standings right now.

2. For those postulating that hockey > sex, there's one of two things going on. Either I'm doing the hockey wrong or you're doing the sex wrong.

m.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

It really is Ron's dream come true tonight. He gets to be paired with Clitsome who also happens to share my first name.

He's always said he wanted to see a Ron-Grant pairing, well tonight that wish will come to fruition.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:

I love how playing Jones has become a legitimate excuse you can use when the Jets lose.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:51 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Any word on Clitsome playing?

Old
03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Paired with Hainsey.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Coach Noel indicated he wanted to get a look tonight at Clitsome in today's press conference. Looks like he will be playing.

Closed Thread