HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

10,000 Pt XXVII: One of our posters is a cannibal, try to guess which one.

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
I feel like I'm back in school when the girls used to sign across the room to each other

I <3 you guys for not ruining anything for us, though
In a way, you should have a better experience then us now that you know the end is not in fact the end. I would have felt a lot better knowing that instead of spending days going "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?!"

Old
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
In a way, you should have a better experience then us now that you know the end is not in fact the end. I would have felt a lot better knowing that instead of spending days going "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?!"
And shaking violently?

Old
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Bed!? It's 11am
Had to watch over a project overnight. That's pretty much my story most days of the week. I volunteer for the crap hours because it allows me to work from home most of the time. I just go in whenever I need to re-stock on Monsters

Nah, I'm there for part of the day and then come home to sleep and get ready for night launches and fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
What if I'm violating site rules with what I write in those spoiler tags? You should read it Mr Mod
I've asked other folks to read through. Besides, you don't think LS is slacking, do you? She will strike when you least suspect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
IN THE ENDING TO MASS EFFECT 3... Snape kills Dumbledore.
What a twist!

Quote:
Haha, I did feel for you guys when reading between the tags. I'll just forever be waiting for them to fix the faces. By the time I actually get to play, you'll be months removed from wanting to discuss the game

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Had to watch over a project overnight. That's pretty much my story most days of the week. I volunteer for the crap hours because it allows me to work from home most of the time. I just go in whenever I need to re-stock on Monsters

Nah, I'm there for part of the day and then come home to sleep and get ready for night launches and fixes.

I've asked other folks to read through. Besides, you don't think LS is slacking, do you? She will strike when you least suspect it.

What a twist!

Haha, I did feel for you guys when reading between the tags. I'll just forever be waiting for them to fix the faces. By the time I actually get to play, you'll be months removed from wanting to discuss the game
Hehe, I'm addicted, I'll probably still be happy to discuss it

Old
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister

Quote:
Hehe, I'm addicted, I'll probably still be happy to discuss it
I'm gonna hold you to that

Old
03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I'm gonna hold you to that
BTW, a suggestion for you Slocal

If you cant play the game now, and have an ios device, make sure and get at the very least the datapad app (its free) as it allows you to raise your readiness rating. It's easy to do, but takes quite awhile. Having your readiness rating maxed would be a cool bonus for you when you do get to play finally.

Infiltrator isnt bad either, and also allows you to raise readiness as well (though its pretty tough). Neither spoils the game, and datapad interacts with it (your crew will test message you through the app as you complete things in the game).

Old
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
BTW, a suggestion for you Slocal

If you cant play the game now, and have an ios device, make sure and get at the very least the datapad app (its free) as it allows you to raise your readiness rating. It's easy to do, but takes quite awhile. Having your readiness rating maxed would be a cool bonus for you when you do get to play finally.

Infiltrator isnt bad either, and also allows you to raise readiness as well (though its pretty tough). Neither spoils the game, and datapad interacts with it (your crew will test message you through the app as you complete things in the game).
Play 3 silver multiplayer matches (and complete all waves), and do every side quest and your readiness is easily high enough. Side quests are so much easier to complete in ME3 than 1.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Play 3 silver multiplayer matches (and complete all waves), and do every side quest and your readiness is easily high enough. Side quests are so much easier to complete in ME3 than 1.
Side quests have absolutely nothing to do with readiness. I completed every single quest in the game (aside from one that's broken) and it doesn't raise your readiness rating at all.

Multiplayer (which i personally have no interest in) and the ios games are the only way to raise readiness. You can't get teh required 4000 war assets rating needed for the 'best' ending without raising your readiness.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Side quests have absolutely nothing to do with readiness. I completed every single quest in the game (aside from one that's broken) and it doesn't raise your readiness rating at all.

Multiplayer (which i personally have no interest in) and the ios games are the only way to raise readiness. You can't get teh required 4000 war assets rating needed for the 'best' ending without raising your readiness.
Side quests give war assets which reduce the amount of games you need to play in multiplayer for readiness. With full war assets (from side quests) you only need to complete like 3 multiplayer matches.

Spoil:
what side quest was bugged for you? I didn't encounter any

Old
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Side quests give war assets which reduce the amount of games you need to play in multiplayer for readiness. With full war assets (from side quests) you only need to complete like 3 multiplayer matches.

Spoil:
what side quest was bugged for you? I didn't encounter any
The Edan Prime little mini-quest (collect intel). Still in my log, even though I got them all, and I can't go back of course.

Yes, but I'm trying to max it readiness anyway, who knows what effect it might have after the forthcoming ending update.

Old
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The Edan Prime little mini-quest (collect intel). Still in my log, even though I got them all, and I can't go back of course.

Yes, but I'm trying to max it readiness anyway, who knows what effect it might have after the forthcoming ending update.
Looked it up, apparently that's from the From Ashes DLC (Which I don't have).

Old
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Looked it up, apparently that's from the From Ashes DLC (Which I don't have).
Ah yah, it is.

You didn't get from ashes? Oh man... I honestly don't understand how they even cut that out of the game, you miss so much dialogue it's nuts. There are several missions where taking Javik along yields massive amounts of info. Bioware are ******** for doing it, but I wasn't going to let $10 ruin my experience of my favorite franchise of all time either.

Old
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ah yah, it is.

You didn't get from ashes? Oh man... I honestly don't understand how they even cut that out of the game, you miss so much dialogue it's nuts. There are several missions where taking Javik along yields massive amounts of info. Bioware are ******** for doing it, but I wasn't going to let $10 ruin my experience of my favorite franchise of all time either.
I felt morally obligated to not pay for it. =/ I watched the convos on youtube though.

Old
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I felt morally obligated to not pay for it. =/ I watched the convos on youtube though.
I meant to buy the collectors edition in the first place (my order got screwed up) and so in the end it actually cost me $10 LESS to buy the DLC that way.

Not really a justification, but its the truth. I didn't care about much in the collectors edition besides the DLC anyway.

Also, he's a pretty good squadmate, I used him quite a bit. He's great for close combat situation (like James) as opposed to long range stuff I usually use Garrus for (Garrus and Shepard both wielding Widow's is just not fair).

Old
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I meant to buy the collectors edition in the first place (my order got screwed up) and so in the end it actually cost me $10 LESS to buy the DLC that way.

Not really a justification, but its the truth. I didn't care about much in the collectors edition besides the DLC anyway.

Also, he's a pretty good squadmate, I used him quite a bit. He's great for close combat situation (like James) as opposed to long range stuff I usually use Garrus for (Garrus and Shepard both wielding Widow's is just not fair).
Liara and Garrus was enough for me. I really didn't use squadmate powers often I could have probably just gone Garrus + James (But I ****ing hate jesey shore). Engineer is just a beast on insanity. Barriers, shields, and armor are of no consequence, and if they have nothing then cryoblast + incinerate makes quick work of just about anything.(Huge aoe potential as well)

Old
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Liara and Garrus was enough for me. I really didn't use squadmate powers often I could have probably just gone Garrus + James (But I ****ing hate jesey shore). Engineer is just a beast on insanity. Barriers, shields, and armor are of no consequence, and if they have nothing then cryoblast + incinerate makes quick work of just about anything.(Huge aoe potential as well)
I just meant his weaponry. He comes with a pretty powerful beam weapon similar to the collector gun, but not a heavy weapon in this case. It's better in close quarters than what garrus generally has. I do use a lot of squad abilities too though.

Old
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Oh man, nothing beats the nausea and general sluggishness after consuming mass quantities of Reese's Pieces. Scary stuff when the machines ran out of the candy and you were left to choose between Runts and Boston Baked Beans

You grew up around pizza? That's awesome. I spent my high school years working at a pizza joint. Best job I could have asked for back then. I still can impress my girl with my dough skills. I just wish my oven got hot enough (yeah, I use a stone in there too)
Try it on a grill (put the stone on the grill, or the pizza directly on the rack, or buy a cheap grill and modify it with a permanent brick layer), or if your oven is self-cleaning, take the lock off and cook the pizza on clean mode. These have both worked for me. I actually got a good result for a NY style pizza just using convection mode with the oven maxed out, if you have a convection oven.

Old
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
You play EZ mode bro.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
You play EZ mode bro.
What, engineer? Not as easy as Vanguard xD. I tried vanguard and all I had to do was spam charge.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

There needs to be like, a separate video game thread. Srsly.

Old
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
There needs to be like, a separate video game thread. Srsly.
Then the OT thread would be a ghost town. :p

Old
03-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Garrus + Javik + the laser gun you get from the From Ashes dlc lets you run around and tear up haha. That gun is so cheap.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

So why did you guys hate the ending? It would be cliche if it was a happy ending.

Old
03-14-2012, 07:57 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
So why did you guys hate the ending? It would be cliche if it was a happy ending.
Spoil:
Because the ending has nothing to do with the 10-20 hours you previously spent on the game. I didn't expect a happy ending but I at least expected my actions to be able to change how the story was affected. And regardless which of the 3 endings you choose they all amount to the same ******** ending. For instance I could play the worst playthrough possible, everyone dies etc, no war assets, and unless I choose the "destroy" option I get the same exact ending as someone who gathered all the war assets. I mean why even have the war assets if they don't mean anything to the story.

Not to mention the plot holes present during the final sequences.

Old
03-14-2012, 08:11 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Then the OT thread would be a ghost town. :p
Nah, more room for other types of posts.

Closed Thread