HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

#66 | SABRES at JETS | MON MAR 5 | 08:00PM ET

Old
03-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
Away, PM another mod

vCash: 666
#66 | SABRES at JETS | MON MAR 5 | 08:00PM ET

GDT#66: SABRES (30-27-8) at JETS (31-27-8) – MON MAR 5 – 08:00PM ET – NBCSN, TSN-JETS (Full Story)

(AP) – Evander Kane and Blake Wheeler are playing well for the Winnipeg Jets, while the Buffalo Sabres' Ryan Miller is
starting to regain his Vezina Trophy-winning form.

These teams are separated by two points in the Eastern Conference standings entering Monday night's matchup in
Winnipeg.

Kane had a career-high four points in a 7-0 victory over Florida on Thursday. He is red-hot with 14 points during a
career-best, eight-game streak.

"It was great to be able to prove to everybody that we're here to play and that we have that playoff mindset going into
these next 16 games," Kane said.

Wheeler has been even more productive with 15 points in the same span to push his team-best total to 53, also a
career high. He had a goal and an assist Thursday.

"We don't play till Monday but you don't want to rest on your laurels here," Wheeler said. "We have a lot of tough
games left."

Kane, Wheeler and the Jets (31-27-8) will face a tough assignment if Miller, the 2009-10 Vezina winner, is in net.

Miller has started every game of the Sabres' 6-0-1 surge, posting a 1.40 goals-against average. He had 32 saves as
Buffalo (30-27-8) won 5-3 at Vancouver on Saturday.

The Sabres have 68 points - two fewer than the Jets as the teams push for playoff spots in the tightly packed East.
SABRES FACE THEIR BIGGEST GAME YET (Full Story)

(Buffalo News) – The Buffalo Sabres know two things for certain. The first is they're playing some darned good hockey.
The second is it doesn't mean anything yet.

But if the first continues, the second could change very, very soon.

The Sabres, in last place two and a half weeks ago, are on fire just after it seemed the entire season had gone up in
smoke. They've won all three games on what had the potential to be a coffin-sealing Western road trip. They have one
more left, and it's the most important of all.

Buffalo visits Winnipeg tonight just two points behind the eighth-place Jets with one fewer game played. If they can
beat the Jets, the former far-fetched dream of playing postseason hockey won't be so unbelievable anymore.

"We have a goal in sight," Sabres defenseman Jordan Leopold said Sunday. "It's there. It's attainable. It's just a
matter of pushing forward."

The Sabres have come close to their dreams while some folks in Buffalo were in dreamland. The Sabres' West Coast
starting times deprived sleep-seeking people from watching them beat Anahaim, San Jose and Vancouver. The team
wants fans back home to know they're missing the best hockey of the season.
SABRES' TOP LINE GOES SILENT DURING WIN STREAK (Full Story)

(Buffalo News) – There is plenty of joy in Sabreland. There are smiles after wins, hugs after goals, high-fives after big
saves and defensive stops.

The top line of Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville and Derek Roy is watching the revelry from the outside. They've been
all but invisible during the three-win West Coast swing.

Vanek, in particular, is struggling. The team's MVP for the first half of the season has just three goals since Jan. 6, a
drought that's weighing on him as Buffalo enters tonight's pivotal meeting with Winnipeg.

"It's a game of confidence," Vanek said Sunday. "I really do believe that. When you feel good about yourself you hold
onto the puck a little longer, you make better plays. It just starts with the little plays and just trying to work at that,
getting pucks low and work hard.

"I've just got to find my game again, get confident in what I do out there because when I do play confident I make
plays happen and create things. Right now, I'm not doing those things."

Vanek, Pominville and Roy combined for just three shots during Saturday's 5-3 victory in Vancouver. Pominville hasn't
scored in six games. Vanek has only one in the last eight. They still lead the team in goals this season, Pominville
potting 23 and Vanek one behind at 22.
BOGOSIAN OUT AFTER RE-AGGRAVATING INJURY (Full Story)

(Winnipeg Free Press) – The Winnipeg Jets will be without defensive anchor Zach Bogosian for another week or so.

Bogosian returned to the Jet lineup in their win over Florida last Thursday after missing seven games, but apparently
re-aggravated an old injury during the victory and then left practice Saturday obviously frustrated with the latest turn of
events.

Head coach Claude Noel confirmed the 21-yearold defenceman would be lost after Sunday morning’s practice and said
the club will decide on whether Grant Clitsome or Mark Flood is inserted in Bogosian’s place for Monday’s game against
the Buffalo Sabres.

"I thought (Bogosian) played really well last game and he’ll be a guy we’ll miss because he’s got weight and size and
skates," said Noel. "But we won’t have him, so we’ll deal with it.

"(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed
that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it
again. He’s not very happy."

Bogosian has three goals and 19 assists for the Jets this year and continues to transform into a bona fide NHL star
while averaging 23 minutes and 28 seconds of ice time per game.

The Jets have both Mark Flood and Grant Clitsome, acquired last week off waivers from the Columbus Blue Jackets, in
reserve.

"Right now I’m leaning towards Clitsome because we haven’t seen him and I’d like to see how he does," Noel said.

BUFFALO SABRES

Lineup News & Notes (News)

Marcus Foligno (healthy), Cody McCormick (concussion) and Robyn Regehr (lower body) were scratched in Buffalo's
last game, a 5-3 win in Vancouver on Saturday. Jochen Hecht (concussion) also missed Saturday's game and remains
on LTIR with his injury. Regehr remains day-to-day with his lower body injury. Buffalo will start Ryan Miller again in goal.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled Corey Tropp from AHL/Rochester last Tuesday. Buffalo also recalled Marcus Foligno on Saturday, but
returned him Sunday. Foligno was recalled again on Monday.

According to the Stats

Buffalo are: 25-3-2 when allowing two or fewer goals; 21-4-3 when scoring three or more; 18-4-5 when Derek Roy
records a point; 16-4-1 when Christian Ehrhoff records a point; and in his career, 36-9-7 when Tyler Ennis records a
point (9-1-3 this season).

WINNIPEG JETS

Projected Lineup

Andrew Ladd | Bryan Little | Blake Wheeler
Evander Kane | Alex Burmistrov | Kyle Wellwood
Tanner Glass | Jim Slater | Chris Thorburn
Tim Stapleton | Nik Antropov | Antti Miettinen

Tobias Enstrom | Dustin Byfuglien
Ron Hainsey | Zach Bogosian Grant Clitsome
Randy Jones | Mark Stuart

Ondrej Pavelec | Chris Mason

Lineup News & Notes (News)

Grant Clitsome (healthy), Eric Fehr (healthy) and Mark Flood (healthy) were each scratched in Winnipeg's last game, a
7-0 win over Florida on Thursday. Zach Bogosian aggravated an old injury during the win and will miss tonight's game
against Buffalo. Winnipeg will start Ondrej Pavelec in goal tonight.

Weekly Transactions

Zero transactions to report.

According to the Stats

Winnipeg are: 20-10-4 in games at the MTS Centre; and 10 of 19 on power plays in their last six games.

BUFFALO SABRES

1. Can this team ACTUALLY do it? (ALL PLAYOFF CHASE DISCUSSION HERE) <11000 views>

2. Let's Just Say 04-06 Roy Would Fit In On the Nucks <9000 views>

3. The VAP line or the black hole <1250 views>

WINNIPEG JETS (Forum) (GDT)

1. Bogosian's progress <2000 views>

2. WFP - Millions to aid True North <1750 views>

3. Jet Player Appearances <1500 views>

A/V CLUB

03/01: Claude Noel talks to the media following Winnipeg's 7-0 win over Florida. <3:32>

03/03: Lindy Ruff talks to the media following Buffalo's 5-3 win in Vancouver. <3:58>

03/04: Claude Noel talks to the media in Winnipeg. <12:42>

03/04: Lindy Ruff talks to Brian Duff on Buffalo's off-day in Winnipeg. <6:05>

03/05: Lindy Ruff talks to the media before Buffalo's game in Winnipeg. <5:15>

03/05: Robyn Regehr talks to the media before Buffalo's game in Winnipeg. <4:12>

03/05: Corey Tropp talks to the media before Buffalo's game in Winnipeg. <2:00>

03/05: Jason Pominville talks to the media before Buffalo's game in Winnipeg. <2:12>

03/05: Claude Noel talks to the media before Winnipeg's game against Buffalo. <9:20>

03/05: Jets TV previews tonight's game between Buffalo and Winnipeg at the MTS Centre. <2:53>

03/05: Brian Duff previews tonight's game between Buffalo and Winnipeg at the MTS Centre. <2:15>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net ... Channel: #sabres ... If you have questions: FYI - Sabres Chat

GAMEDAY STREAMS

GameCenter Live (subscription required); FirstRowSports and Wiziwig

Last edited by Woodhouse: 03-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:53 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Ah! She looks great on the mobile!!! **** yes! Biggest game of the year obviously. First true game of the playoffs.

4-2 Jetce.

Edit:

Godson and Boiz

Kane (2), Bryan Big, Anjrue Lhad

Last edited by jBuds: 03-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.
jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

a win would be great tbh

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:04 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
a win would be great tbh
Speaking honestly like you did, Duds, I'd concur that a win would be great indeed.

Tough barn to play. Too many good outcome-type games recently to not go with the law of Sabres averages.

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!!!!!ĦiĦiĦ

Old
03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300

VRP comin' live from the WPG

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:29 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post

VRP comin' live from the WPG

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, boys. No shifts off. QUICK PUCK MOVEMENT, quick smart decisions, keep it simple and play a smart road game.

First ten minutes will be very important. Come out flying like against Van Sitty. HAVE TO play disciplined, too - we don't score on the PP, so we can't afford to be in the box and give up powerplay goals against us.

Myers on Kane?

Old
03-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
I'd honestly thought they'd win each of the previous 3 games and I think they'll win this one too. A win here would make lots of believers around the league and here at home. Another hot start would be huge against this young but surging team.

Hodgson gets his first point.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:32 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Let's beat these guys!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:33 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I'd honestly thought they'd win each of the previous 3 games and I think they'll win this one too. A win here would make lots of believers around the league and here at home. Another hot start would be huge against this young but surging team.

Hodgson gets his first point.
But what does a loss say? Burn it down to the gwound?

Old
03-05-2012, 01:34 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Let's beat these guys!

We will chase Tretiak from the nets, and Godson's first point will be a Mark Johnson-esque buzzer beater, at the end of the first period. Calling my shot right now.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:38 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I can't even begin the description of how excited and amped the **** up I am for this game. This is IT!!! GAME SEVEN?

"I'm Kelissia from Georgia, and I lost 38 lbs. on Hydroxicut!" - Kellisia, Atlanta, GA...Hydroxicut user

"I used to walk into a room and be the fattest one in there, and now people see me that haven't seen me in a year, and they're like OH...MY...GOD...."- p90x testimonial, by the man who used to be the fattest guy in the room

Old
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Nickwojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I can't even begin the description of how excited and amped the **** up I am for this game. This is IT!!! GAME SEVEN?

"I'm Kelissia from Georgia, and I lost 38 lbs. on Hydroxicut!" - Kellisia, Atlanta, GA...Hydroxicut user

"I used to walk into a room and be the fattest one in there, and now people see me that haven't seen me in a year, and they're like OH...MY...GOD...."- p90x testimonial, by the man who used to be the fattest guy in the room

Nickwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

Are you rolling, Jbuddy?

Old
03-05-2012, 01:45 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Are you rolling, Jbuddy?

IIII.....FEEEL SO rillishrillishrillishrillishrillishillishillish

As the great Jimmy McNulty would surmise: "just ampdup izaul"

Old
03-05-2012, 01:48 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Are you rolling, Jbuddy?
But I do think that Kelissia vs. Former Fattest Guy in the Room would be a pretty good ladder match, in a cage, for the intercontinental belt. Epic battle. Comparable to this here Jets/Sabres game. I'm analogously FUEGS, what can I say?

I've been watching a lot of Jets games recently, too, and Kane looks GREAT. He's definitely a player. He worries me.

Old
03-05-2012, 01:57 AM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

I recall the first hurricanes game in march last year that we blew when we were trying to catch them. made up the ground anyways. i have a feeling the legs aren't fresh enough. 3-1 jets.

haseoke39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:07 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

Quote:

You words say no but your posting says yes

Old
03-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Big game.

Big win incoming IMO. Woohoo!

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 02:27 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
You words say no but your posting says yes
When your bank says no, Champion says YES!

In Niiiiagggggaraaa falllssss onnnterrrrreyyyohh. Muhreannnllannddd is the place to go SEEIN FRIENDSUMISSTT A GREAT BIG KIISSSSS.

gnight guys. This game's monstrous. I really want to predict a Sabres win but I don't see them winning.

Kane has 14 points in his last 8 games. Put up 2g 2a in the 7-0 drubbing of Florida last game.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:28 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Now it's offset again on the mobile just that first image...And the headers. But looks great on the computer.

lights out, go Sabres.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:56 AM
sand1138man

Quote:

wow, I dont not believe i have ever read a better post, I had to say the quote outloud for it to hit me,

*****N on that xtacy, come roll wit me

sabres take this one and even the biggest skeptics amoung us have to look at the amount of games left and realize that we have as good a chance as anyone at that 8 spot

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Kc232
Hi

here we go fellas

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quite pysched

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:50 AM
CrankyJay

Not sure if the Sabres have enough in the tank from this current road trip...but maybe VRP will wake up and start scoring.

Miller has been hot hot hot!

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

what is happenning here

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote