HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Schedule

Old
04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Jamieh

vCash: 500
Schedule

Any chance NHL will actually release the schedule for round 2??? Some people might like to plan to attend these games and it would be nice to have time to plan it. Certainly they have the dates by now???

Jamieh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:59 PM
PhoPhan

Round one hasn't ended yet.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

In other words we are screwed. Good problem to have I suppose but annoying just the same.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

vCash: 1329
I ran with the John Shannon tweet that said Friday, in which you would assume the next game was Sunday. However, a few hours later, the Coyotes sent an email to a Azcentral reporter saying it could be Saturday. I would have assumed that the Coyotes would know before Shannon.

I should note that on 1060am yesterday, Tip said he expected the game to be Friday but nothing was certain.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Round one hasn't ended yet.
It has for Phx and Nash. Why does the NHL have a problem with releasing the information for teams who have finished their round?

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I ran with the John Shannon tweet that said Friday, in which you would assume the next game was Sunday. However, a few hours later, the Coyotes sent an email to a Azcentral reporter saying it could be Saturday. I would have assumed that the Coyotes would know before Shannon.

I should note that on 1060am yesterday, Tip said he expected the game to be Friday but nothing was certain.
Not really related but since you brought it up and it's as good a place as any, 1060/ Roc and Manuch actually had excellent coverage of the Coyotes yesterday. Almost their whole show was covering the victory. Damn rare to see in sports radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
It has for Phx and Nash. Why does the NHL have a problem with releasing the information for teams who have finished their round?
Most likely due to TV.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
PhoPhan

I assume it's because they have to arrange the logistics of televising all the games (and getting the right crews to all of them) and scheduling them at times that will maximize revenues.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:07 PM
BuffaloAZ

I am going with Friday/Sunday. I imagine the schedule has been made; but we are on a need to know basis, and apparently we don't need to know! I would think the league has released it to the teams and arenas. They (the arena ops folks) need to know what to prepare for and when, make sure they are staffed, etc...

BuffaloAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:12 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Has the NHL ever scheduled games back-to-back, like Saturday and Sunday for Games 1 and 2?

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
BigGumby

Ticketmaster has the schedule as;

Game 1 - Friday - 6pm

Game 2 - Sunday - 5pm

Not that it is binding, but I think it would be difficult for the Coyotes to sell tickets to a Friday or Sunday game if there was a good chance of it being Saturday/Monday.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Phoenix-...omeA_b_10004_2

Last edited by BigGumby: 04-25-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typos
BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:14 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post

Not that it is binding, but I think it would be difficult for the Coyotes to sell tickets to a Friday or Sunday game if there was a good chance of it being Saturday/Monday.
Probably not considering they sold me tickets with no dates on them or even a guarantee those games would happen

Old
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I assume it's because they have to arrange the logistics of televising all the games (and getting the right crews to all of them) and scheduling them at times that will maximize revenues.
Yup. If you want to know why anyone does anything, and you're not entirely sure, consider sex or revenge. If neither of those fits, the answer is pretty much always money.

We need to get used to being a team that goes deep in the playoffs. The way it works is, if your team advances, you show up when and where you're told, even if all you get is a few hours notice. And wear white.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
Has the NHL ever scheduled games back-to-back, like Saturday and Sunday for Games 1 and 2?
Not sure if they have "ever" done it but I thought there was a rumor of them thinking about it for the Kings series since their house was so booked up....or something along that line of thinking.

And 1060am was great for fans yesterday. Couldn't get enough of their coverage.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
Ticketmaster has the schedule as;

Game 1 - Friday - 6pm

Game 2 - Sunday - 5pm
5 for Sunday is ok but a 6 for Friday is rough if its true. The traffic alone adds to the time so people will wonder were the crowd is at the start of the game.

Old
04-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Games 5 and 6 of the Bruins/Capitals series were back-to-back. I think there was also a bit of a controversy during the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals (the second year of Red Wings/Penguins), because there was a back-to-back and people were saying the league rigged it to help out the younger Penguin team.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Jamieh

Little hard to wait for announcement of round 2 games till round 1 is over when round 1 won't end till Thurs night and round 2 rumored to start on Fri!!!

Jamieh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
CitizenCoyote

Good find on the ticketmaster!

I would think that's reasonably locked in, at least in terms of game dates.

6 p.m. start is rough on a Friday, but there's no way I'm going to miss the pre-game video for this round!

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Not sure if they have "ever" done it but I thought there was a rumor of them thinking about it for the Kings series since their house was so booked up....or something along that line of thinking.

And 1060am was great for fans yesterday. Couldn't get enough of their coverage.
Sat/Sun would be good for me, personally, but I'm not sure about everyone else. I'll go whenever they say to go, though.

Yeah, 1060 does a pretty good job covering hockey. I think 910 does a decent job sometimes, but they're almost all football, all year. And 620 is unbearable all year.

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
The series will begin on Friday, April 27th, and will continue with Game 2 on Sunday, April 29th, with both games being played in Phoenix. Game 3, in Nashville, is scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd and Game 4 will be Friday, May 4th, also in Nashville.
Link

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Looking through the DISH guide, 2 games on NBCSC on Friday, first starts at 4 PM second at 6:30. On Sat. and Sun. 1 game each on NBC with start times around noon and NBCSC with start times around 4. All times Pacific. NHL.com says it is Friday-Sunday. Times will be relased tomorrow.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:24 PM
amjay13

6pm Friday? Yikes.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
huhwhtfkr

per nhl.com

Coyotes-Predators Round 2 series begins Friday

Blues-Kings series starts Saturday

Wednesday, 04.25.2012 / 3:48 PM / Stanley Cup Playoffs

NHL.com:
The National Hockey League on Wednesday announced the schedule for the first four games for both of the Stanley Cup Playoff Western Conference Semifinals.

The series between the third-seeded Phoenix Coyotes and fourth-seeded Nashville Predators will begin on Friday, April 27th, and will continue with Game 2 on Sunday, April 29th, both games being played in Phoenix. Game 3, in Nashville, is scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd and Game 4 will be Friday, May 4th, also in Nashville.

The series featuring the second-seeded St. Louis Blues and No. 8 Los Angeles Kings will begin on Saturday, April 28th, in St. Louis. Game 2 will be Monday, April 30th, also in St. Louis. Games 3 and 4 will be played in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 3rd and Sunday, May 6th, respectively.

The complete Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals schedule, including start times and television information, will be released upon conclusion of the Conference Quarterfinal round Thursday night. On that night, the top-seeded New York Rangers will face the No. 8 Ottawa Senators in a Game 7 contest and the No. 3 Florida Panthers will host the sixth-seeded New Jersey Devils in another Game 7, wrapping up the opening round of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

huhwhtfkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Naurutger
Drives To Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
The complete Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals schedule, including start times and television information, will be released upon conclusion of the Conference Quarterfinal round Thursday night.
....Great, so they are making it easier for the working folk to plan what time they need to go/get-off of work on Friday. I can make a 6pm start time but that means I need to get to work earlier and requires a little planning...GRRRR

Old
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM
BuffaloAZ

6 PM start may be difficult for some to make the beginning of the game.

Cue the re-locationist...look at the empty arena, they can't even sell out a round 2 playoff game.

BuffaloAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
pfp

Have start times been officially announced?

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote