HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official "Welcome to the Bandwagon" Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
The Official "Welcome to the Bandwagon" Thread

I have seen tons of Montreal and Buffalo fans saying they are rooting for us after the trades, and I'm sure as more teams falter toward playoff time others will (hopefully) be joining.

This thread is for these newcomers to introduce themselves, ask questions to existing fans, and give opinions on the team. Hopefully we can get some good discussion going! Come on by and say hello bandwagoners!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I will also extend the greetings. Welcome to our little place we call home.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I like how Weber clears the crease

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I like how Weber clears the crease
He is horrifyingly tough. I would not want to meet him in a dark alley.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Serious HABit

count me in!

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:10 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Go Preds Go! Sabres fan! But its hard for me to root for you because the worse record you have the higher draft pick we have. Finish 8th place and win the Stanley please!

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Qui Gon Dave

As a Habs fan joining the Preds bandwagon, I'd like to ask a few questions which might be asked by a LOT of Habs fans. This could save a lot of time at a later date when more people join the party and ease them into the Preds team. These are typically all key issues to Habs fans:

1. In descending order (most to slightly less), who are the key scapegoats on the roster and what is being done to run them out of town?

2. Which of your Dmen regularly play as wingers?

3. Which players on the team did you draft instead of someone who has gone on to be successful elsewhere? If these players are not key scapegoats, why not?

4. Does your captain speak French? How about your coach? The mascot? Any players ever driven through Quebec?

5. What percentage (roughly) of the fanbase could be considered sane, rational or logical and how loud would a person need to shout to drown them out completely in a random conversation?

On a slightly more serious note:

- Are there any traditions (small or large) that Preds bandwagoners should be aware of? Either from the org itself or just on these boards.

- Players on these boards often get certain reputations (good/bad, earned/unfair). Which Preds can do something extremely well that often goes unrecognised?

- I know the Preds have a bit of a rivalry with Detroit. Any other teams or players a Preds bandwagoner should acquire a dislike for and why?

- Is Erat the single greatest surname in the history of the Preds.

Any answers to the above would be much appreciated. Looking forward to riding the bandwagon, hopefully to a Stanley Cup.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Was on board the past couple of seasons and will be again with my southern hockey brethren.

Barring an absolute Carolina miracle, that is.

02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
As a Habs fan joining the Preds bandwagon, I'd like to ask a few questions which might be asked by a LOT of Habs fans. This could save a lot of time at a later date when more people join the party and ease them into the Preds team. These are typically all key issues to Habs fans:

1. In descending order (most to slightly less), who are the key scapegoats on the roster and what is being done to run them out of town?

Smithson was the biggest, but he just got traded. Kevin Klein is quite the enigma. Half the fans here claim he sucks, half claim he is our #3 Dman. It's weird.

None, though sometimes it seems like Hillen does. (He played very well tonight though.

3. Which players on the team did you draft instead of someone who has gone on to be successful elsewhere? If these players are not key scapegoats, why not?

Chet. Fricking. Pickard. That guy was a first rounder for us that is currently our backup in the ECHL. Jordan Eberle went 4 picks later

4. Does your captain speak French? How about your coach? The mascot? Any players ever driven through Quebec?

Boullion does. SK does. AK does. Gil does (I assume)

5. What percentage (roughly) of the fanbase could be considered sane, rational or logical and how loud would a person need to shout to drown them out completely in a random conversation?

I would say about 90% sane...haha

- Are there any traditions (small or large) that Preds bandwagoners should be aware of? Either from the org itself or just on these boards.

We throw catfish. If we win, the same person starts the GDT. Other than that, pretty much whatever.

- Players on these boards often get certain reputations (good/bad, earned/unfair). Which Preds can do something extremely well that often goes unrecognised?

David Legwand can score empty net goals like you wouldn't believe.

- I know the Preds have a bit of a rivalry with Detroit. Any other teams or players a Preds bandwagoner should acquire a dislike for and why?

We hate the Ducks and Nucks for recent playoff series. Perry is a sissy. Usually we hate Columbus...but I feel nothing but pity for them right now.

He's very, very close

Any answers to the above would be much appreciated. Looking forward to riding the bandwagon, hopefully to a Stanley Cup.
answers are bolded!

Old
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
bacardimayne

Beat Vancouver in the playoffs and you guys will be my new out-of-Edmonton NHL bros.

bacardimayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
As a Habs fan joining the Preds bandwagon, I'd like to ask a few questions which might be asked by a LOT of Habs fans. This could save a lot of time at a later date when more people join the party and ease them into the Preds team. These are typically all key issues to Habs fans -snip-
The first five questions were hilarious

As for the serious questions, there are chants the crowd will do at certain points throughout the game. If you watch you will hear them. Some of them can be found here: http://www.section303.com/chants

As gopreds said, our own take on the Detroit octopus tradition is the catfish toss. It doesn't have to be during the play offs. It can be whenever someone happens to bring along a catfish

It started off as a spontaneous thing during a game against the Blues that ended up clinching a play off spot. Now it's done all of the time. The TV Timeout Standing Ovation. Here is video of that: (that is the very first one, in fact). Keep an eye out during the third period of a home game. You might just catch the tail end of one coming back from commercials. (I saw an awesome picture in the Tennessean of Radulov outside of the circle near the glass, standing, waiting for the time out to end, and completely mesmerized by the crowd

As for board traditions, the GDT thing has been mentioned, but we are a superstitious bunch. If you see the initialism "TPCR" it stands for Tilt. Pour. Consume. Repeat. It means you grab whatever alcoholic beverage you happen to enjoy (or have handy), tilt it, pour it into your mouth, consume it, and repeat. Most of us try to keep that to emergency use only, but some don't seem to mind using it to try and go from a 3 goal lead to a 4 goal lead

Several players can do small things well without being recognized, but for the sake of keeping any one of numerous popular debates out of this thread I'm going to decline to answer this one and just let you guys figure it out

We have a healthy dislike for the Ducks, the Canucks, the Blues, some of us hate the Blue Jackets, some of us hate the Stars and the Sharks and Wild, et al. Detroit is constant. Anaheim is constant. Vancouver is constant. St Louis is constant.

My vote for greatest name in Predator history has to be Legwand. If you think about what that name could mean it's hilarious

Last edited by TMI: 02-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:

For all the flack Tootoo gets for being a diver or a dirty hitter, he's become a very efficient playmaker. Hasn't scored many goals as of late but he's one of the hardest working players out there.

More recently Anaheim (Perry the dirtbag) and Vancouver (Kesler does a great impression of a chicken).

Not too sure how well it's known, but if you hear fans using a train whistle, it's because Tootoo just stepped onto the ice.
Didn't have a time to answer all of the above so I chose a few.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
PK76

I'm hopping in! The Preds seem to have put a lot of good pieces together for their cup run and I hope AK will blossom in Nashville.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Count me in! Followed you guys last year as well

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Can't believe Tallon took Smithson for a 6th Poile

Now if we could get a bag of used pucks for Klein...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:12 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Count me in too, I would need an AK avatar (same style as you guys), once it becomes available of course.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Shad

Habs fan here...Preds are my western bandwagon team for sure! Followed last year too, would love to see you guys take it this year.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:11 AM
uocooco

I'm in, I'll be rooting for u guys to win the cup.

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:41 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
No Pain No Gain

Count me in, always liked the brothers, hope they'll do great things together for you guys. I hope you guys win the cup!

HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:05 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

considering you have both Kostystin, Gill and Cube as ex-Habs...

expect a lot of us to jump in!

Not jumping myself but I'll watch for sure as I loved what I saw from your team in last seasons PO.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:52 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
I'm hopping in! The Preds seem to have put a lot of good pieces together for their cup run and I hope AK will blossom in Nashville.
Love the avatar!

And welcome every one! Glad to have yall here

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:15 AM
predwings

Quote:

Jerred Smithson (We already ran him out), Kevin Klein (He's actually not that bad...but if something goes wrong...it's his fault), Trotz (For not making everyone score more goals).

Josi likes to join the attack frequently. Lately Shea and Suter have been in on 3 on 2 odd man rushes.

It's all Poile's fault for not drafting us a 50+ goal scorer.

Weber's beard speaks french to stun the ladies. The rest are former Canadiens.

0% - We all like the Nashville Predators, according to some people that makes us certifiably insane.

Standing TV Timeout, Catfish, Tootoo whistles, Goal Songs, Taunts for the other teams, Perry is a Sissy

Tootoo has not only changed his style of play but also become a productive piece to the puzzle we've needed

Anaheim, Canucks, Detroit, San Jose, St Louis, and Chicago.

I like Hellberg the best.

Everyone is welcome on our wagon. Please feel free to provide input in games/threads.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Been following the Preds since last year, been a really exciting team this year and the Rinne signing was fantastic. Also meant that the Rinne home jersey I bought at the beginning of the season would be used a lot longer! Had a moment the other day ordering some NHL merchandise to the UK, ordered a hat of the Flames as they were my first team, it was only after purchasing I realised that this whole year my heart was no longer there so I altered it to a Preds draft hat. Reasons being that first thing I do when I wake up is see Preds scores and highlights, wear Rinne 35 to university and stay up to listen/watch their games. The Flames will always be special for introducing me to hockey but the organization does not make me love hockey or want to stay up at 1 till 3 or so in the morning to support them unlike the Preds. One thing I love is a solid defense and Nashville have that in abundance. Full support from me. I've only casually followed the NHL for a few seasons but I think now I've finally found out where my heart belongs regarding a team - which I think is a harder thing to find out living in the UK and having never sadly experienced live hockey. Go Preds! By the way, great game last night

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:57 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekkaRinneUK35 View Post
Been following the Preds since last year, been a really exciting team this year and the Rinne signing was fantastic. Also meant that the Rinne home jersey I bought at the beginning of the season would be used a lot longer! Had a moment the other day ordering some NHL merchandise to the UK, ordered a hat of the Flames as they were my first team, it was only after purchasing I realised that this whole year my heart was no longer there so I altered it to a Preds draft hat. Reasons being that first thing I do when I wake up is see Preds scores and highlights, wear Rinne 35 to university and stay up to listen/watch their games. The Flames will always be special for introducing me to hockey but the organization does not make me love hockey or want to stay up at 1 till 3 or so in the morning to support them unlike the Preds. Full support from me. I've only casually followed the NHL for a few seasons but I think now I've finally found out where my heart belongs regarding a team - which I think is a harder thing to find out living in the UK and having never sadly experienced live hockey. Go Preds!
Welcome to Prednation if you're ever over in the states please go see a game live and you'll fall in love even more!

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Welcome to Prednation if you're ever over in the states please go see a game live and you'll fall in love even more!
Thanks, its certainly on the cards at some point in the future hopefully. Really want to experience the arena after seeing the renovation videos they showed up on the Preds site. Also, as football/soccer is the big sport here I'm accustomed to a loud noisy crowd and last year that was one of the first things I loved about the Preds, would love to experience that amongst a sea of gold

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote