HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sweden vs. Canada d-corps, Sochi Olympics 2014

View Poll Results: Who will have better defenseman in 2014 Olympics?
Canada 92 73.60%
Sweden 33 26.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-08-2012, 01:08 PM
WayneBruce

vCash: 500
Canada wins this, too many young defensemen on the swedish team and it could definitely need a Lidstrom. Kronwall and Edler might be slightly worse on bigger ice while Karlsson, OEL, Enstrom and Hedman could be completely dominant.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Interestingly enough, I think Edler is better suited for the "North American game" (eg., smaller ice).
He'll probably be the most North American of the bunch....not sure if Larsson is there yet by 2014...but even as a guy that plays solid defense and pushes people around....his transition ability is high end.

Sweden may have one or two North American types....Canada will have several more, and although a guy like Letang would feel right at home, he's still never really played on it.

Not necessarily saying I take Sweden anyways...but I think that team as a whole could be suited very well to win that tournament. Call me a homer all you want, if you will, but Karlsson really could be a huge X-factor for them on that ice.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 03-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Subban!
Uh pretty sure he's African.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is good enough by 2014 to play on the Olympic Team.

Kesler2Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He'll probably be the most North American of the bunch....not sure if Larsson is there yet by 2014...but even as a guy that plays solid defense and pushes people around....his transition ability is high end.

Sweden may have one or two North American types....Canada will have several more, and although a guy like Letang would feel right at home, he's still never really played on it.

Not necessarily saying I take Sweden anyways...but I think that team as a whole could be suited very well to win that tournament. Call me a homer all you want, if you will, but Karlsson really could be a huge X-factor for them on that ice.
I think you have every reason to feel that way about Karlsson. Looks to be a very special player for the Sens.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 03-08-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Sweden's is better.
Too bad our offence will be worse than Gretzky's coaching skills.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:30 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
I am the only one that thinks top to bottom Canada's defense is much better??? I don't even think it's close really.
No I would agree with you. A lot of offense from Swedon, but top to bottom Canada has a much more balanced and experienced defense. I would take Canada without question.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote