HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what would u offer palffy

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 05:05 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
what would u offer palffy

even though all contract negotiations seem to be waiting for the cba to be resolved first, let's just hypothetically assume palffy wants to get a deal done now or never with the kings. would u offer a contract? if so, what would u offer to keep him for 3-4 years

Old
11-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Homunculous

Ummm, I may seem like a fool for this, but I would offer him a 30 mil 5 year deal with mutual options for the last 2 years. I'd be weary of anything longer that 3 years from now, plus at that time we should be just fine on scoring wingers, I'm reluctant to even say 6 mil a year, expecialy since players will find that contracts are going to be allot harder to find no matter what comes of the new cba. He can realy be the force on a team, but he is injury prone and that can kill a team that is depending on his force, resign him and then trade him and our 1st for the #1 overall. Hehehe, I'm going to sleep, and here's to us signing Demitra and Palffy and the season starting tomorrow. Ahhhh the dreams I shall have this fine eve, of Ziggy's, Pavol's, and Halo's.

Old
11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculous
Ummm, I may seem like a fool for this, but I would offer him a 30 mil 5 year deal with mutual options for the last 2 years. I'd be weary of anything longer that 3 years from now, plus at that time we should be just fine on scoring wingers, I'm reluctant to even say 6 mil a year, expecialy since players will find that contracts are going to be allot harder to find no matter what comes of the new cba. He can realy be the force on a team, but he is injury prone and that can kill a team that is depending on his force, resign him and then trade him and our 1st for the #1 overall. Hehehe, I'm going to sleep, and here's to us signing Demitra and Palffy and the season starting tomorrow. Ahhhh the dreams I shall have this fine eve, of Ziggy's, Pavol's, and Halo's.
Homunculous >>> Dave Taylor

Old
11-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I asked DT about Palffy at the Rookie Tournament. His response was very dim. He pretty much said " We'll talk to him, but he wants waaay too much money"

Don't expect him back.

Old
11-09-2004, 12:07 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
here's to us signing Demitra and Palffy and the season starting tomorrow. Ahhhh the dreams I shall have this fine eve, of Ziggy's, Pavol's, and Halo's.
That is all I ask for on my birthday!!!!

Old
11-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
3 years 21 million

Old
11-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Homunculous

I think 7 mil a year is realy risky for an injury prone player like that, especialy when they have a crown on their uni. Maybe a medium contract with big bonuses for games played in each season.

Old
11-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I asked DT about Palffy at the Rookie Tournament. His response was very dim. He pretty much said " We'll talk to him, but he wants waaay too much money"

Don't expect him back.
Ziggy is my favorite non enforcer player, but I'm kinda glad that he wont be back....I'd rather have a younger player like Kariya.....

Old
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Venom_17

How about a kick to the back of his head? No, I'm just kidding. I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. But I don't care for having Ziggy on this team for that kind of money, as I've said in the past. Bring in the kids!

Old
11-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

1 billon gillion cazillion dollars.-Dr Evil.

11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Kingsfan4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Ziggy is my favorite non enforcer player, but I'm kinda glad that he wont be back....I'd rather have a younger player like Kariya.....
That's really funny :lol You made me laugh! Kariya=not injury prone too

Old
11-11-2004, 11:53 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
I think 7 mil a year is realy risky for an injury prone player like that, especialy when they have a crown on their uni. Maybe a medium contract with big bonuses for games played in each season.
5 million a year guaranteed, over say 3 years with an option for 2 more, with a $25K bonus for each game he's not on the IR (25K x 80 = 2 mill). If he's healthy, he makes $7 million a year.

Old
11-11-2004, 01:06 PM
King Blazer

Nothing, I wouldn't offer him anything. They tried, and tried, and tried again from what we've been told in the press. Time for the Kings to put Palffy and the past few seasons behind them and move on to better times...

Old
11-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think Palffy has meant so much to this team that he deserves 7 Million a year. If it doesnt happen then go after Demitra and others or something but I want Palffy. He was having a MVP type season until he went down last season and he was a KING so thats why he went down .

Old
11-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan4fun
That's really funny :lol You made me laugh! Kariya=not injury prone too
Who ever said anything about him not being injury prone? Sure he is, but he's cheaper, probably around 5 mil, and he's younger..... 29-30 year old Kariya for 5 million a season, or a 32-33 year old Palffy for 6-7 million?

Old
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
10 ft. pole

To be perfectly honest. After what has transpired and been said during this lockout I do not think any player deserves more than 5 million dollars a year. Palffy is a truely elite player and would be in the highest tier in my mind of compensation but, as an organization I would set a ceiling.

As an organization I would make LA a great place to play. First class training facilities, locker rooms, travel, and perks and a winning enviroment in regards to staff (training and coaching). I would have a no exception policy and use a team philosophy from top to bottom. I am tired of these highest bidder players. It is bad for fans and organizations. As Brett Hull said "I don't give a **(k about the fans." Well same to you and all others like you buddy.

Old
11-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Kingsfan4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Who ever said anything about him not being injury prone? Sure he is, but he's cheaper, probably around 5 mil, and he's younger..... 29-30 year old Kariya for 5 million a season, or a 32-33 year old Palffy for 6-7 million?
I like Reggiemoto's idea the best and I'd rather keep Palffy. We have enough young players in the system.

Old
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Game Misconduct

I'd give him $7.5MM for one year.

Closed Thread