HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Jackets West at Jackets | 3/6 7pm EST | "Coming Home" Edition

Old
03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

vCash: 500
Jackets West at Jackets | 3/6 7pm EST | "Coming Home" Edition

At

Phoenix Coyotes At Columbus Blue Jackets

Nationwide Arena- Columbus, OH

Television:

Radio:
Blue Jackets Radio Network, WBNS 97.1 FM

The Records
Phoenix: 33-24-9, 75 pts.
Columbus: 20-38-7, 47 pts.

The season series: Columbus leads 2-0-0
Game 66: March 6th 2012 at Nationwide Arena, Columbus

Projected Lineups
Columbus Blue Jackets

Lines will be updated as information comes along . . .

Umberger (A)- Brassard - Nash (C)
Prospal (A)- Letestu - Atkinson
Gillies - MacKenzie- Dorsett
Russell - Boyce - Johansen

Tyutin - Nikitin
J. Johnson - Wisniewski
Moore - Lebda

Mason
Sanford

Phoenix Coyotes
Whitney - Hanzal (A) - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Vermette - Doan (C)
Torres - Langkow - Boedker
Pyatt - Gordon - Bissonnette

Yandle (A) - Aucoin
Ekman-Larsson - Rozsival
Summers - Stone

LaBarbera
Smith

News, Notes, and Interesting Facts

* Todd Richards picked up his first victory as the CBJ interim head coach against Phoenix on Jan.13
* Rick Nash has 17 goals, 33 points in 32 career games vs Phoenix
* Phoenix went 11-0-1 in February, but have now lost 3 straight
* These teams will meet for the 4th and final time April 3rd in Phoenix

WE FIGHT! WE MARCH!

Last edited by MattTheMask: 03-07-2012 at 06:05 AM.
MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

"Coming Home" Edition

Welcome back Rusty Klesla "The Original Jacket", the Jackets first ever NHL draft pick, 4th overall 2000 Draft. 2001-02 NHL All Rookie Team. His signature "Thank you, Jim Day" lines at the end of interviews became quite popular.

Welcome back Ray Whitney. Original Jacket and 2002-03 Team Captain

Welcome back Gilbert Brule. 6th overall pick in the 2005 NHL Draft

Welcome back Raffi Torres. Part of the only Jackets playoff appearance. Also a look alike twin of John Michael, the Raffi1 Raffi2 days. His goals were referred to by Danny Gare as “Raffi Raffi, Sweet as Taffy!”

Welcome back Antoine Vermette. Also part of the only Jackets playoff appearance. Acquired from Ottawa for Leclaire and recently traded to “Jackets West”

And last but not least, welcome back our first ever coach, Dave King!!!

Last edited by MattTheMask: 03-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

"Coming Home" Edition

Last edited by MattTheMask: 03-05-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old
03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Are these guys fired yet!?!?

They’re not!?!? Ugh . . . . Better visit www.jacketsfans.com and lets all work together to ensure the future of hockey in Columbus! Lets see those neon green shirts, and signs! Let #OperationStinger commence!

Your local F.A.N.S. group (For A New Start) after the game, will be collecting signatures on a petition that demands the removal of President Mike Priest and GM Scott Howson.

Sticking with the "Coming Home" edition, it is time for Mike Priest to return "home" to

REMEMBER THE 300!!!

^ Interesting to note . . . The guy in the bottom right hand corner, in front of the advertisement is actually none other than Marc Gregory, CBJ Head Director of Marketing. Was he protesting too?

In case you missed it, the protest was recorded and is now on youtube! Thanks to Zoo16 for this. We actually had live streaming! Man, those CBJ fans sure know how to protest

Let our voices be heard!!!!

According to the CBJ, they will NOT be taking any signs, or kicking one out anymore for displaying their displeasure http://fearthehat.wordpress.com/2012...ywhere-a-sign/ Time to hold them to their word!

BOTTOM 10 - FAIL FOR NAIL WATCH

Last edited by MattTheMask: 03-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old
03-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

We're coming in on a positive note, too, with wins in Colorado and Phoenix. Can we keep it up?

The gap for No. 30 with Edmonton is now nine points.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
We're coming in on a positive note, too, with wins in Colorado and Phoenix. Can we keep it up?

I don't see any positives in that post.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:32 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I don't see any positives in that post.
Double negative = ...

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Welcome back Ray Whitney. Original Jacket and 2002-03 Team Captain
Not sure Whit qualifies as an original Jacket. Nevertheless...

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 03-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:43 AM
CBJCougar

WOW!!! Absolutely the BEST GDT I've seen in a long time, Matt!! Way to step up and LEAD!!

Let's Go Jackets!!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Great GDT, Matt!

I'll be there tonight, wearing my Stinger-green protest shirt.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
"We want the cup"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...Heard/96/42841

crossposted here from the "Fire Them All" thread for obvious reasons...

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Not sure Whit qualifies as an original Jacket. Nevertheless...
He's not. But he's close enough.

On another note, we got a public service announcement from FANS for a GDT. These folks are serious! Nice to see them getting organized. I'm curious to see what's going to happen on Thursday, taking my nephew to his first hockey game.

It's nice to see all these Jackets back. I think they should trade Nash to Phx, they figure out their ownership issue, and I move out there. Man I love Arizona, although it might be different then when I was out there 15 years ago. I love that weather.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I think they should trade Nash to Phx, they figure out their ownership issue, and I move out there. Man I love Arizona, although it might be different then when I was out there 15 years ago. I love that weather.
Added bonus -- you've already got your HFB Phoenix forum schtick for like half of their roster!

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:58 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
"We want the cup"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...Heard/96/42841

crossposted here from the "Fire Them All" thread for obvious reasons...
A positive message? No.......

We can some people doing it, I'll do it. Seems hollow at this point, but it would be a nice way to start the game.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

I'm all for chants of "We Want the Cup", but only using that chant kinda sugar coats the situation: we feel that a growing number of fans have no confidence that the current management team can reach that goal.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:18 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I'm all for chants of "We Want the Cup", but only using that chant kinda sugar coats the situation: we feel that a growing number of fans have no confidence that the current management team can reach that goal.
I just hate recycling stuff. I'm not good at creating chants, but I hate reusing stuff. Like the 300 (doh) we used for the protest, or the 1% stuff.

But hey, if everyone else wants to do it, I'll do it. It's not like we are being asked to jump off the proverbial bridge.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:16 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
, but only using that chant kinda sugar coats the situation: we feel that a growing number of fans have no confidence that the current management team can reach that goal.
Exactly. It could possibly give the false pretense that we are satisfied with the current incompetent management team, we are just eager for the Cup. Also, kinda comical to do that chant while having the worst record in all of the NHL, and worst in franchise history. We definitely dont need to be the laughingstock of the NHL anymore than we already are.

Guess there are a few people who didnt hear the impact of "Fire Wilson" chants in Toronto.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:17 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
WOW!!! Absolutely the BEST GDT I've seen in a long time, Matt!! Way to step up and LEAD!!

Let's Go Jackets!!
Figured you would appreciate the tribute to your boy Rusty and the other Jackets making their way back "home"

Old
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's nice to see all these Jackets back. I think they should trade Nash to Phx, they figure out their ownership issue, and I move out there. Man I love Arizona, although it might be different then when I was out there 15 years ago. I love that weather.
Great idea, blahblah! We've been planning to move to Tucson since we started going to Spring Training back in the '80s, but we've feared that hockey would be gone from AZ by the time we got out there. The recent encouraging news about the franchise has us stoked, once again, to be 'Yotes fans unless the Jackets are in town. Then, just like the Columbus fans we hate, we'll bring our Stinger sweaters out and annoy everyone in our section!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:29 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Exactly. It could possibly give the false pretense that we are satisfied with the current incompetent management team, we are just eager for the Cup.
It doesn't say anything of the sort. It's a demand (plead, request, whatever word you want) for excellence (which you need to win the Cup). If you were "satisfied" you would sit on your hands.

Most are already admitting it's more of a fan to player thing.

Quote:
Guess there are a few people who didnt hear the impact of "Fire Wilson" chants in Toronto.
Last I checked you are trying to get the GM and the President to fire themselves, if you consider that Burke fired the coach. To have this translate, you are looking for a message that translates to the current owner. You are all but admitting that he doesn't want to hear it in regards to Priest, at a minimum.

You are really going to have to step up your game if you want to impact the owner. If this owner is as stubborn as, let's say, Mike Brown, you might as well just start banging your head into the wall.

Let's not get so obsessed with the agenda that we pervert the meaning of other things. Not everything done has revolve around the "mission".

Old
03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Great idea, blahblah! We've been planning to move to Tucson since we started going to Spring Training back in the '80s, but we've feared that hockey would be gone from AZ by the time we got out there. The recent encouraging news about the franchise has us stoked, once again, to be 'Yotes fans unless the Jackets are in town. Then, just like the Columbus fans we hate, we'll bring our Stinger sweaters out and annoy everyone in our section!
haha, that's awesome. I forgot about the spring training. That would be great, the Reds are out there now right?

Old
03-06-2012, 09:36 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Last I checked you are trying to get the GM and the President to fire themselves, if you consider that Burke fired the coach. To have this translate, you are looking for a message that translates to the current owner. You are all but admitting that he doesn't want to hear it in regards to Priest, at a minimum.

You are really going to have to step up your game if you want to impact the owner. If this owner is as stubborn as, let's say, Mike Brown, you might as well just start banging your head into the wall.

Let's not get so obsessed with the agenda that we pervert the meaning of other things. Not everything done has revolve around the "mission".
Hey, whatever gets the job done I think we all want the Cup, but also realize it wont happen under the Priest/Howson regime. Not trying to disregard idea, I suppose I always prefer a direct approach. Im glad people are thinking of various ideas. It should only help JPM realize the problem.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Hey, whatever gets the job done I think we all want the Cup, but also realize it wont happen under the Priest/Howson regime. Not trying to disregard idea, I suppose I always prefer a direct approach. Im glad people are thinking of various ideas. It should only help JPM realize the problem.
There is probably room for both. He was just taking the positive message spin approach. Do we have a passionate enough fan base to chant "Fire Priest" when 50% or more of the crowd probably has no idea who he is or why we should fire him? I wouldn't be surprised if 20% of our fans have no idea who Howson is.

Most of the fans know what the Cup is and why we would want it.

Maybe if you get the fans used to chanting about something, they might become more willing to start up a fire Priest chant.

As far as it (not winning the Cup under Howson/Priest) not happening. That's the likely outcome, but I never say never and it's hard to find someone that has disliked Howson for as long as I.

Let's understand that, as much as we hate to admit it, this isn't Toronto nor is it even the Buckeyes. We, as a fan base, aren't that mature or passionate yet. This is going to take time. Individually, many of us are that passionate. As a collective? Not so much.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
haha, that's awesome. I forgot about the spring training. That would be great, the Reds are out there now right?
The Reds and Indians share a camp a bit southwest of Phoenix. The first beer is on me!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
The Reds and Indians share a camp a bit southwest of Phoenix. The first beer is on me!
I think I might go next spring, even if I haven't moved (that's probably more long term).