HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammalleri's take on Garon

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Cammalleri's take on Garon

I interviewed Camm for HF this morning. The interview should be up tomorrow, it takes hours to transcribe these things.

Here is a quote from Camm when I asked him about Garon. You'll love the trade even more after reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cammalleri
This guy's really really really really good. He's awesome. He's just a great goaltender. He makes a lot of the hard saves look really easy. He's extremely extremely atheletic and seems like a seasoned goaltender, a guy who is ready to play and be dominant at any level. His ability to stop pucks is awesome and it's a great confidence builder for our team. He makes difficult save look so easy and he's always in position. I think King's fans should be really excited. That was a great deal over the summer

Old
11-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Masao

vCash: 500
Garon is a great goalie, no doubt about it. He has been a very reliable backup for Montreal in the last two years and has many times outperformed Theodore.

Old
11-09-2004, 03:42 PM
LuckyLUC20

Can't wait to read the whole thing, KJ...

did you do this over the phone?

Old
11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
when I play hockey I always want to be the goaltender and when I see a great goaltender I know it right away IMO and Garon's style/play shows me he is going to be a dominant goalie.

Old
11-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Can't wait to read the whole thing, KJ...

did you do this over the phone?
Yes. He had just finished up practice.

Old
11-09-2004, 11:07 PM
OC Kings Fan 24

Cant wait to read the article. Nice to meet you the other day KJ

Old
11-10-2004, 12:49 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

is he good enough to take a year's worth of hockey thhough? remember, he's never really played more then a backup's number of games. huet too looked good in the few games he played, kinda began to tail off as he went through.

Old
11-10-2004, 01:35 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
is he good enough to take a year's worth of hockey thhough? remember, he's never really played more then a backup's number of games. huet too looked good in the few games he played, kinda began to tail off as he went through.
I think that's the goal of the AHL this season, if there is no hockey season; to try to condition him to the hardships of the NHL.

Old
11-10-2004, 01:44 AM
maximil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
I think Huet and Garon are in totally different leagues as far as talent and experience are concerned. But I haven't seen much of Garon, so that's just my impression.

Old
11-10-2004, 02:59 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Garon = really good

I'm sure anyone who watched the Montreal-Kings game in LA would agree. Immediatly following that game Garon went to #1 on my wishlist and obviously Dave Taylor liked what he saw to.

Old
11-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Kings Fan 24
Cant wait to read the article. Nice to meet you the other day KJ
Nice meeting you too!

Old
11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13
Garon = really good

I'm sure anyone who watched the Montreal-Kings game in LA would agree. Immediatly following that game Garon went to #1 on my wishlist and obviously Dave Taylor liked what he saw to.
That was the first time, I have ever stood up and clapped for the oppositions goaltender.

Old
11-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I never got to see that game. I was on the way to Whittier from OC and thought my VCR was taping it and I was stuck in the worst traffic of my life listening to Nick and Daryl talk about the peppering he was taking. In the meantime my VCR was recording a gameshow on Telemundo.

Old
11-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

An interview without stuttering.

Old
11-11-2004, 12:32 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13
Garon = really good

I remember saying after that game that I couldn't believe their BACKUP goalie made something like 55 saves if I recall correctly (5 or 6 truly spectacular saves). He was outstanding. I'd never seen a performance like that live and in person before.

He was the first goaltender in a LONG time that really made me sit up and take notice... I haven't had that "holy **** this guy's amazing" feeling in a long, long time. I did cartwheels when I found out we signed him.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I remember saying after that game that I couldn't believe their BACKUP goalie made something like 55 saves if I recall correctly (5 or 6 truly spectacular saves). He was outstanding. I'd never seen a performance like that live and in person before.

He was the first goaltender in a LONG time that really made me sit up and take notice... I haven't had that "holy **** this guy's amazing" feeling in a long, long time. I did cartwheels when I found out we signed him.
I also was extremely impressed. I posted after the game that it was the best game I saw a goaltender play all season.

I can still see this wicked shot from close range that was ticketed for the top corner, blocker side. Garon reacted incredibly fast and thwarted it. I think a lot of goalies wouldn't have been able to react at all to that shot, let alone block it.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

For some reason I keep reading this thread title as "Cam takes on Garon"

11-11-2004, 09:58 AM
girl4kings
2012 & 2014 Champs

Send a message via AIM to girl4kings Send a message via Yahoo to girl4kings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
For some reason I keep reading this thread title as "Cam takes on Garon"
I was thinking the same thing. Cant wait to read the rest of the interview.

Old
11-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV

My dad is a Checkmanek hater so I remember him saying "now this is a goaltender"(about Garon). I told him he was the back up and he was shocked LOL. He said, "imagine how good their first goalie is" and thats when I realized that Garon is better then Theodore because I would never admit it because I have always admired Theodore's game. i dont remeber if it was 45 saves or 55, oh well, but if ever a goalie has single handidly won a game it was that one.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Venom_17

Radek Bonk and Huet is a lot to give up for an unproven backup. Especially considering Kipper went for a 2nd, and we got fat Roman for the same. But I think it was really worth it this time. Garon is still pretty young and we could get 10 good years out of him...it would be so nice to see our perennial goaltending issues resolved for at least the time being. I am all for Garon.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Radek Bonk and Huet is a lot to give up for an unproven backup.
When it really comes down to it we trade Huet and the 77th pick for Garon and the 95th pick(moving down 18 spots.)

Old
11-11-2004, 02:14 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

although garon is great and all, lets just remember that we are basing what we know about him on one great game. i wish that more of us were able to see him on a regular basis and that we were able to see him in more then just 20 games a season. if he had proven he was capable of doing 40+ games a year while performing consistently, i would be much more inclined to believe he can be our goalie of the future.

although i personally believe he can do it, lets just remember he's still unproven. i am kind of getting the feeling that we are all overhyping him just a bit right now.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Radek Bonk and Huet is a lot to give up for an unproven backup. Especially considering Kipper went for a 2nd, and we got fat Roman for the same. But I think it was really worth it this time. Garon is still pretty young and we could get 10 good years out of him...it would be so nice to see our perennial goaltending issues resolved for at least the time being. I am all for Garon.
It's not that bad. Bonk is a #2 center ideally, and Huet is a backup goaltender. Garon is unproven, but he's not a flopping slug like Cechmanek. This kid has skills and is a butterfly goaltender who played under one of the best goalies in the game.

Even if, for some ungodly reason, Garon fails miserably...I don't think Los Angeles broke the bank. I think the Habs actually could've gotten quite a bit more for Garon.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV

Even if, for some ungodly reason, Garon fails miserably...I don't think Los Angeles broke the bank. I think the Habs actually could've gotten quite a bit more for Garon.
A blue chip prospect for sure.

Old
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

when i heard we got bonk, i was so pissed. boy was i glad we just sent him to montreal. i dont know what you guys see in bonk that u think can help our team. we're soft enough already, we need to toughen up. if it had to be a choice between armstrong and less payroll or bonk, i'd choose armstrong as the #2 center anyday.

Closed Thread