HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 5.0: Diaz and Bourque out with concussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2012, 10:23 AM
  #576
habsrock76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Ryan White will likely have a short career. He's not all that big but plays a 100% balls to the wall style and fights guys he really shouldn't be fighting. Gotta love the kid's heart though.
I agree with the 100% balls to the wall style but I think his skating will shorten his career if anything.

habsrock76 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
  #577
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Wor.../19590476.html

While it may be assumed Montreal goaltender Carey Price would be off the list due to a concussion that has him out until the end of the schedule, Lowe said Team Canada has been informed he might be cleared for consideration.

“We’re told he considers playing for this team this year to be important,” said Lowe.
what about knee surgery?

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
  #578
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
what about knee surgery?
Other than that one line on the TSN report, I have not seen a mention of the wonky knee. Not saying it isn't true, just wondering why it isn't being played up more. The Habs have commented on the headaches, but I missed them commenting on the knee.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
  #579
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Chucky breakout year
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,506
vCash: 626
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...rs-135168.html

This article mentions the knee problem too, it could just be a bruise or something. No need to speculate he needs surgery.

Marc Antoine Godin ‏ @MAGodin
Cunneyworth: "S'attarder sur la date précise du coup que Price a reçu est inutile parce que ce genre de coup arrive à tous les jours."

Happens everyday, riiiight.

And the Habs just told the media the Desharnais/Price contact indeed happened on the 20th...

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM
  #580
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Ryan White will likely have a short career. He's not all that big but plays a 100% balls to the wall style and fights guys he really shouldn't be fighting. Gotta love the kid's heart though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
I agree with the 100% balls to the wall style but I think his skating will shorten his career if anything.
I share the same apprehension. I am a huge fan of White (he almost made my "untouchables" list"!) but he does not have a high hockey IQ (I hate it when Cunneyworth uses him on the PK!); as a result, the guy needs to play that way to stay in the NHL. However he could reduce his #fights: 7 fights in 20 games played... he is over doing it!

On the good side: if Bégin managed to play during 10 years then there is hope for White.

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
  #581
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Other than that one line on the TSN report, I have not seen a mention of the wonky knee. Not saying it isn't true, just wondering why it isn't being played up more. The Habs have commented on the headaches, but I missed them commenting on the knee.
A few weeks ago, Price was interviewed by Pierre Houde (RDS) and I remember him mentioning that he wasn't sure if he'd be going to the Worlds since he had a few things to take care of first. He didn't specifically say what these things were but I think we can deduce that he was probably talking about some sort of injury that needs to be fixed.

__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 04-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.
PyrettaBlaze is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
  #582
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Chucky breakout year
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,506
vCash: 626
Canadiens Montréal ‏ @CanadiensMTL
Carey Price was examined this morning by Dr. David Mulder and was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Canadiens Montréal ‏ @CanadiensMTL
Price sera à l’écart du jeu pour le reste de la saison. / Price will be out for the balance of the season.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
  #583
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,886
vCash: 500
Diagnosed by Dr. Mulder.

So much for the "there is no minor concussion".

Why would you ignore the truth ?

Jee is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
  #584
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,222
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Canadiens Montréal ‏ @CanadiensMTL
Carey Price was examined this morning by Dr. David Mulder and was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Canadiens Montréal ‏ @CanadiensMTL
Price sera à l’écart du jeu pour le reste de la saison. / Price will be out for the balance of the season.
Well that sucks, but looking at this past season what hasn't. Well I hope it's nothing serious and Carey will have plenty of time to rest and be ready for next year

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 11:59 AM
  #585
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Hope to see Mayer play carolina

overlords is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:01 PM
  #586
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 10,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hope to see Mayer play carolina
I'd watch the game.

ThaDevilGirl is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
  #587
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Six months to rest up. That's the good news.

holyhabs87 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
  #588
Muminek
Registered User
 
Muminek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
What a season :the players` suicides, the Lokomotiv plane crash, Canadiens` mess on and off the ice No rodeo this year I guess, at least Price will be unhappy too.

EDIT:http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10367639
If Price really admitted to everything just last Monday after getting hurt on the 20th of March then someone should chew him out.

Muminek is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
  #589
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
That sucks that a concussion has been confirmed. Not sure what a "mild" concussion means, so maybe it's more precaution than anything. I wonder if this means he's out for the World's too?

He has 5 1/2 months to recover. I'm sure Price will be fine.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
  #590
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
It was also reported Price needs to get one of his knees fixed.

Call me Markov Carey Markov lol.

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip650938#clip650938
I doubt the knee injury is serious considering it sounds like he's been playing with it. Considering the knee & now the head, definitely time to shut Price down.

I'm not surprised White has a concussion. I love him but he needs to pick his spots better. He's not that big & he's going up against heavy weights. Hopefully, White comes back next year and plays a more Moen type role, which I think he is capable of, rather than trying to be the team's enforcer, which he isn't built to do.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  #591
SB164
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Dave Lozo ‏ @DaveLozo

Carey Price is done for the season with one of those mild concussions. Nathan Horton was diagnosed with a mild concussion in February.

SB164 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  #592
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
That sucks that a concussion has been confirmed. Not sure what a "mild" concussion means, so maybe it's more precaution than anything. I wonder if this means he's out for the World's too?

He has 5 1/2 months to recover. I'm sure Price will be fine.
I guess he's gonna play next month at the World's... He really wants to play in that tournament.

habitue* is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
  #593
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I doubt the knee injury is serious considering it sounds like he's been playing with it. Considering the knee & now the head, definitely time to shut Price down.

I'm not surprised White has a concussion. I love him but he needs to pick his spots better. He's not that big & he's going up against heavy weights. Hopefully, White comes back next year and plays a more Moen type role, which I think he is capable of, rather than trying to be the team's enforcer, which he isn't built to do.
That is why it will be so important to re-sign Staubitz or find another one like him.

habitue* is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
  #594
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Chucky breakout year
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,506
vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Dave Lozo ‏ @DaveLozo

Carey Price is done for the season with one of those mild concussions. Nathan Horton was diagnosed with a mild concussion in February.
Horton had a serious one just last June, that's the main difference.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
  #595
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,550
vCash: 500
Surprised no one mentioned Price's 'concussion' joke from being mic'd up at the skills competition. Damn you irony.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 01:06 PM
  #596
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I guess he's gonna play next month at the World's... He really wants to play in that tournament.
Did Price say he wants to go? I wasn't sure. I was just hoping he wanted to go. I doubt he goes now if he has a knee injury as well. And, it's a contract year for him. It's still a month away though, so we'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
That is why it will be so important to re-sign Staubitz or find another one like him.
Yes, Staubitz or someone else like him. I'm okay with White going with the likes of Nick Foligno, or players of similar size. He needs to stay away from the bigger guys, or he's going to have a very short career.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 02:19 PM
  #597
Lemons
Registered User
 
Lemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
BS. Pro-Tank move. We dont need his services this season. You did enough carey. Train hard this summer but enjoy it as well.

Lemons is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
  #598
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,298
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
So that guy was right..

Price was playing with an undiagnosed concussion.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
  #599
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So that guy was right..

Price was playing with an undiagnosed concussion.
He was a couple months early tho.

Seb is online now  
Old
04-04-2012, 07:52 PM
  #600
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
We are much more forthcoming with the information with in this situation than was the case with Markov.

Markov: no one knows what's going on for weeks; his return imminent, so is our return to the play-off hunt

Price: no play-off possibility; yeah he's done.

Not sure I get that. Tankology.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.