HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Litmus Test Tonight

Old
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
just get the points... that's all I want

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Tough to say what will happen. They are capable of beating the blues that's for sure.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
zachws6

vCash: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
The blues are a defensive heavy team if the hawks can score 3 or more its a victory tonight...if they had Steen this might be a different story of course we can say the same about Toews...btw anyone gonna be there tonight? I will be I know half the arena will be Hawks fans so I figured I'd ask...
I respect the heck out of that statement, for acknowledging how great of a player he is. He is extremely missed by us.

Hope it's a fun one tonight fellas. My Blues played a very lack luster game on Hockey Day in America on our last match up.

zachws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
bulletwwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachws6 View Post
I respect the heck out of that statement, for acknowledging how great of a player he is. He is extremely missed by us.

Hope it's a fun one tonight fellas. My Blues played a very lack luster game on Hockey Day in America on our last match up.
You know I say that and then I go trash talk/troll my blues fan friend Lmao

bulletwwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

At least Backes won't beat Toews ass again

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I find them one of the most boring teams to watch.

Prediction: Hawks 2-1
Aside from being a division rival, i really hope they lose in the first round this year. 21st in G/game this year but 1st in GA/game. Atleast the Rangers and Nashville have SOME balance. I'm not a "The Dead Puck Era is BACK!!!" worrier and i dont want to see 5-4 games every night, but i am getting bored of this playstyle. I think its bad for the league.

This is as bias free as i can make it, but i really think STL loses in the 1st round this year. They so much remind me of Nashville in 2010 against the hawks. Nothing but defense, defense, defense, hope you screw up so we can score, then defense, defense, defense. It doesn't get you anywhere against great teams and i think the Blues are going to be exposed for having lack of offensive talent on their team.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The Blues have a number of forwards better than anyone Nashville had up front. It's a defensively sound team that plays a tight system, but it's a team capable of scoring if given the chance.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Illinihockey

Blues play tight defense and try hard. In the playoffs everyone plays defense and tries hard.

That 09-10 Nashville team had 5 forwards eclipse the 45 point mark. This year the Blues look like they may have 2 forwards reach that plateau. Their 3rd highest scoring foward has 30 points. I realize McDonalds probably scores that much if he's healthy all season but they still aren't a dynamic scoring team. 09-10 Nashville is probably about right.

Blues have 169 goals so far through 66 games, the Preds had 225 in 09-10. Blues are on pace for 310 goals.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
bulletwwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Blues play tight defense and try hard. In the playoffs everyone plays defense and tries hard.

That 09-10 Nashville team had 5 forwards eclipse the 45 point mark. This year the Blues look like they may have 2 forwards reach that plateau. Their 3rd highest scoring foward has 30 points. I realize McDonalds probably scores that much if he's healthy all season but they still aren't a dynamic scoring team. 09-10 Nashville is probably about right.

Blues have 169 goals so far through 66 games, the Preds had 225 in 09-10. Blues are on pace for 310 goals.
I agree with everything you said but add Steen with mcdonald, btw fun fact Steen has been out since game #25 or something and (I haven't checked in a couple weeks) he was still second in most of their scoring categories, we are now in game 66-67 that really says something...

bulletwwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The Blues have a number of forwards better than anyone Nashville had up front. It's a defensively sound team that plays a tight system, but it's a team capable of scoring if given the chance.
Couple that with the goaltending they have, and they are capable of doing damage against any team, regular season and playoffs. I wouldn't want to meet them.

And no one is claiming this to be a must game, and down the line there will be more important ones certainly, but the team's confidence can get a large boost if we win tonight...

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
DirkGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post

You meant 210 right?

DirkGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Fortyfives

Comes on fellas lets not make it more than it is alright?

Just need to continue to work on goaltending and defense.

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Sevanston

I'm interested to see how this team plays against the Blues, but that's just because it's the Blues.

How they match up in terms of styles isn't really that important. The playoffs are something else entirely.

Let's not make this more than it is. Just another two points we need to get.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:41 AM
BobbyJet

So there we have it. Pretty dam sad team, top to bottom. I only watched up to 3 Ė 0, but that was enough. Not a surprise really that with or without Toews, it is obvious that this team canít compete at a playoff level.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
And what did the 2-1 win in the Joe against the Wings prove? We're the best team in the west? They had an off night. Those happen.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Fortyfives

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
So there we have it. Pretty dam sad team, top to bottom. I only watched up to 3 Ė 0, but that was enough. Not a surprise really that with or without Toews, it is obvious that this team canít compete at a playoff level.
Didn't realize the playoffs started 3/6.

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Quote:
Couple that with the goaltending they have, and they are capable of doing damage against any team, regular season and playoffs. I wouldn't want to meet them.

And no one is claiming this to be a must game, and down the line there will be more important ones certainly, but the team's confidence can get a large boost if we win tonight...
Quote:
Man for man the Blues are just a litle bigger, a little stronger, a little tougher and a little hungrier.

Coupled with believing in the system and very good goaltending...

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:17 AM
clydesdale line

I just wish the Hawks had HALF the Blues grit, especially more in our top 9.

Last edited by clydesdale line: 03-07-2012 at 08:24 AM.
clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

maybe, just maybe we should wait and see how the Blues do in the POs before we praise them?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
And what did the 2-1 win in the Joe against the Wings prove? We're the best team in the west? They had an off night. Those happen.
Or Detroit did.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Or Detroit did.
I assumed he was talking about Detroit. And yes, they did. Christ, at times in that game, they only had 3 of their regular D core going.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I assumed he was talking about Detroit. And yes, they did. Christ, at times in that game, they only had 3 of their regular D core going.
Both teams were missing multiple players

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:34 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Both teams were missing multiple players
Detroit was missing more impact guys and had an off night. The Hawks were in the right place at the right time.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Recoil

Just curious. What color did the litmus paper from last night's test come out? Pink I'm thinking?

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Detroit was missing more impact guys and had an off night. The Hawks were in the right place at the right time.
We were missing way more impact players than the blues yesterday, a bigger difference than the Detroit game. Hawks aren't gonna win every game...even detroit has been skidding lately losing to us, philly, colorado, etc. No one's saying the Hawks are a perfect team but they'll look significantly better if they get Toews and Hammer back.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote