HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What are Grafs' Cobra holders and runner like?

Old
03-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Dreadnaut

vCash: 500
What are Grafs' Cobra holders and runner like?

Hi folks.

So my vapors are up on ebay and should actually make me a net profit the way the bidding is going haha...

anyways.

Graf F60s look like a serious contender. They are dubbed the sucessor to 703/704s. Apparently these have a narrow heel and low volume which Im after.

I'm slightly concerned about the holder/runner. Ive always skated with E pros, which I believe is a neutral stance and an 11' radius blade.

Would anyone care to share their experience of Grafs - even if you've never switched I'd still like to know. My experience of TUUK lightspeeds weren't great, and although I can probably acclimatise to a new skating position, Id really prefer an E-pro sort of feel.

Some googling suggests the cobras are agressively positioned...is that much of a difference to e pros?

Dreadnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well...I've only been in Tuuk LS2's and Cobra 7000's. The Cobras feel stiffer slightly while the LS2's felt a big springy. Cobras are a little more forward pitched while LS2's are neutral. Cobras are 11' stock and LS2's 9'.

I had my Grafs profiled to neutral and 9' because that was more comfortable. Shouldn't be more than $40 for any shop to do that for you, which will be cheaper than swapping holders.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
hockeymass

The Grafs are definitely going to be more forward pitched than any skates with E-Pros that you've used. You may want to look into getting E-Pros mounted on a Graf boot if you really like that neutral pitch.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote