HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Grossman and Kubina thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
  #1
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
The Grossman and Kubina thread

In the two games he has participated in, there have been ten goals scored against us and he is still a +1.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

Kubina's first game as a Flyer (5 GA) and he breaks even.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:38 AM
  #2
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
In two games with the Flyers Grossman has 9 hits, 1 assist and is a +1 while playing around 17 mins a night. He is pretty much exactly what we needed and were so sorely lacking on the back end. I have been impressed with him. I also didn't get to see the Pittsburgh game though because of work.

Kubina did not look slow at any point tonight in his debut. He got beat by Kane on the one play but he was flat footed as the puck I believe hoped on him. He had two turnovers, but the one he stood up the player who had the puck and we got it immediately back(veteran play). He played 20:38 and had two hits. He shot is what we sorely miss on the back end, and to see him pound one from the point during the game was a sweet sight for my sore eyes(sick of freaking Carle #weakwrists)

In all, I know they only played two and one games respectively for us, but consider me impressed. I am happy we have them going forward and if the price is right I defintely wouldn't mind signing Grossman to an extension. Kubina the jury is still out there because of his age and his contract demands. He makes 3.825 this year so he would probably have to take a big pay cut to stay with us if we intend to chase a big UFA fish(Suter). Dallas also made Grossman sound horrible, I saw some of their games(not a ton) and didn't even notice him on the ice, but that would be a good thing for a stay at home defender I would think. Just my 2 cents

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
  #3
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
In the two games he has participated in, there have been ten goals scored against us and he is still a +1.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

Kubina's first game as a Flyer (5 GA) and he breaks even.


Find an iso cam of the goalies during the past two games.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:55 AM
  #4
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,252
vCash: 156
Ehhh. I'm gonna wait a while before I judge them. Players can get a temporary boost when they're traded in the season. I don't know if it's because of the excitement/thrill of a new place, or what. I seem to remember Kraijcek wasn't really horrible his first few games here and then he just slid off. I might be remembering wrong, though.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:42 AM
  #5
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
In the two games he has participated in, there have been ten goals scored against us and he is still a +1.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

Kubina's first game as a Flyer (5 GA) and he breaks even.
Kubina did have that brutal giveaway to Kane. Just saying.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:47 AM
  #6
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 300
Our defense is just a melting pot of nationalities

Timonen - Finnish
Coburn - Canadian
Carle - American
Meszaros - Slovakian
Kubina - Czech
Grossman - Swedish

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
  #7
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
In two games with the Flyers Grossman has 9 hits, 1 assist and is a +1 while playing around 17 mins a night. He is pretty much exactly what we needed and were so sorely lacking on the back end. I have been impressed with him. I also didn't get to see the Pittsburgh game though because of work.

Kubina did not look slow at any point tonight in his debut. He got beat by Kane on the one play but he was flat footed as the puck I believe hoped on him. He had two turnovers, but the one he stood up the player who had the puck and we got it immediately back(veteran play). He played 20:38 and had two hits. He shot is what we sorely miss on the back end, and to see him pound one from the point during the game was a sweet sight for my sore eyes(sick of freaking Carle #weakwrists)

In all, I know they only played two and one games respectively for us, but consider me impressed. I am happy we have them going forward and if the price is right I defintely wouldn't mind signing Grossman to an extension. Kubina the jury is still out there because of his age and his contract demands. He makes 3.825 this year so he would probably have to take a big pay cut to stay with us if we intend to chase a big UFA fish(Suter). Dallas also made Grossman sound horrible, I saw some of their games(not a ton) and didn't even notice him on the ice, but that would be a good thing for a stay at home defender I would think. Just my 2 cents
If you remember, Kane walked around Pronger several times this year, and he walks around most Dmen.

Kubina played his usual game last night. He made a few great pinches, got some shots, knocked down some guys and passed the puck well.

Grossman is very strong, and it showed. He can move guys like Antropov and Wheeler that Bourdon can't. He uses his size well, skates well for big guy and moves the puck OK too. Good partner for Meszaros - an upgrade over Lilja who has many of the same qualities but is not as big or mobile.

Great acquisitions so far, and possible longer term players for us too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:21 AM
  #8
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Our defense is just a melting pot of nationalities

Timonen - Finnish
Coburn - Canadian
Carle - American
Meszaros - Slovakian
Kubina - Czech
Grossman - Swedish
That is pretty diverse....I'm glad the Flyers have become more international with their personnel in general. It's done wonders for Detroit of course..although they are the standard bearer for that...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
  #9
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Find an iso cam of the goalies during the past two games.
couldnt find these, can you give me the link please?

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:59 AM
  #10
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
In the two games he has participated in, there have been ten goals scored against us and he is still a +1.

What kind of witchcraft is this?

Kubina's first game as a Flyer (5 GA) and he breaks even.
Pretty sure it was 4 GA. Yesterday was his 1st game as a Flyer.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
  #11
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Ehhh. I'm gonna wait a while before I judge them. Players can get a temporary boost when they're traded in the season. I don't know if it's because of the excitement/thrill of a new place, or what. I seem to remember Kraijcek wasn't really horrible his first few games here and then he just slid off. I might be remembering wrong, though.
Yeah, so far so good, but let's wait a little longer before we hands out any contract extensions. They did not look so good on the second Jets goal, and they both had a couple of turnovers. Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with what they've shown so far.

I said it last night as well, but it must be a bit strange for Kubina to go from the way Tampa plays to the run and gun style of the Flyers. He's a veteran though, so I don't expect him to struggle that much to find his way.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
  #12
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Pretty sure it was 4 GA. Yesterday was his 1st game as a Flyer.
Mistakes galore. Too dang tired last night. Thanks.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
  #13
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
its only been 3 total games for both.....but so far I feel its an upgrade from Bourdon and gus lately. hopefully it will improve

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:12 AM
  #14
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
its only been 3 total games for both.....but so far I feel its an upgrade from Bourdon and gus lately. hopefully it will improve
love both defensive additions and will be satisfied once the trade deadline rolls by with no more changes.
anything to keep lilja from ever having to play in a playoff game for us is already a great thing!
in homer we trust

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:24 AM
  #15
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
couldnt find these, can you give me the link please?

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:00 AM
  #16
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Our defense is just a melting pot of nationalities

Timonen - Finnish
Coburn - Canadian
Carle - American
Meszaros - Slovakian
Kubina - Czech
Grossman - Swedish
Don't forget Pronger Mordor

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
  #17
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,227
vCash: 500
Grossmann and Kubina: Good Signing(s)! (actually acquisitions)

Shelley: Still not a Good Signing!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  #18
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
5-2 with Kubina and 5-3 with Grossman. 1-0 with Kubina and Grossmann!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.