HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Rangers 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 500
I should mention that I was lucky enough to sit with some decent Ranger fans last night, which has not been the norm obviously. Good sports, I talked all game with one, and they dealt with the obnoxious Devs fangirl in front of us pretty well.

One thing I have noticed a lot this season is these old Ranger fans that show up; I call them Blackberry ranger fans, because they always look like they are coming right from a board meeting, but they ALWAYS leave during the second intermission, when the game is either tied, or there's a 1-goal dif. What gives?

For the two periods they are there, all they do is rag on the Devs, seem to get pumped up, and then disappear

Old
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Great win last night. Devs sat back to much in the second but they responded well after the Rangers tied it. Don't know why they didn't do that from the get go but in this league you very rarely play a game where you control the play from start to finish.

I have to say I am becoming a cranky old man at games - we had about 8 ranger fans in our row (we sit on the aisle) and these guys were up and down all game getting beers and food and whatever and always during the ****ing play. Finally half way through the second period I just said to one - Have the Rangers been so bad for so long that you don't know how to sit and watch a ****ing hockey game? So annoying.
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!

Old
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

didn't think you were allowed to move out of a seat during play anymore?

Old
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.
LOL...I guess when you don't sit in the cheap seats that's the case!

Old
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Old
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I don't understand how people have the money to spend on multiple beers and food inside the stadium. **** is expensive.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I don't understand how people have the money to spend on multiple beers and food inside the stadium. **** is expensive.
I don't either! I'm thankful for my F&B card we get from the team!

Old
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
There were way too many people doing that last night, usually a couple rows in front of me in 120, so annoying.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Drewr15

Quote:
Honestly we have never experienced it this much in our row before last night. At the canucks game last week we had a whole bunch of people from modo sweden who flew in to see the sedins, they never get up except for intermission. This was the complete opposite.

Honestly though I don't know what the ushers can do. Right now what they do is backwards a bit because they don't let people go to their seats during play, which I understand what the rationale is but then you get this whole build of people, whistle blows, they let them all go and they are not in their seats by the time the puck drops and it makes it worse in my opinion. I'd rather one or two stragglers then 30 people all at once. But that's people going back to their seats. I'm talking these guys getting up right in the middle of the play. Like oh the Rangers just won a faceoff in the Devils zone on the power play, let's go get a beer! wtf?! I missed a few saves by Marty because they like just get up during the game. I was so annoyed.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Drewr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Me either. I hardly buy anything there. These guys had to spend several hundred with the amount of booze and food they got.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Honestly we have never experienced it this much in our row before last night. At the canucks game last week we had a whole bunch of people from modo sweden who flew in to see the sedins, they never get up except for intermission. This was the complete opposite.

Honestly though I don't know what the ushers can do. Right now what they do is backwards a bit because they don't let people go to their seats during play, which I understand what the rationale is but then you get this whole build of people, whistle blows, they let them all go and they are not in their seats by the time the puck drops and it makes it worse in my opinion. I'd rather one or two stragglers then 30 people all at once. But that's people going back to their seats. I'm talking these guys getting up right in the middle of the play. Like oh the Rangers just won a faceoff in the Devils zone on the power play, let's go get a beer! wtf?! I missed a few saves by Marty because they like just get up during the game. I was so annoyed.
That's terrible..I'm glad for my front row seats!

Old
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
So who's playing C?

vCash: 313
You go to a game in Detroit you will get scolded, boo'd and the dirtiest looks EVER if you attempt to get up or go to your seats while the puck is in play. They know their hockey etiquette. Columbus - complete opposite.

Comes with time I guess (and some good ushers at each row up top).

Old
03-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
You go to a game in Detroit you will get scolded, boo'd and the dirtiest looks EVER if you attempt to get up or go to your seats while the puck is in play. They know their hockey etiquette. Columbus - complete opposite.

That is the farthest thing from the truth. They're some of the most respectful fans in the league.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

No kidding!! They don't mess around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
That is the farthest thing from the truth. They're some of the most respectful fans in the league.
Ummmm...he wasn't talking bad about them.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Josefson was fantastic last night. More of that.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
No kidding!! They don't mess around there.

Ummmm...he wasn't talking bad about them.
lol sorry I just woke up, yea I just got the part about the "if you get up during play"

Old
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Semak

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Things I totally overlooked:

1) the devils are a farm team to the NHL by losing players via fa.

2) the rangers played their 4th game in 6 nights

3) the rangers would've lost to most AHL teams with their performance last night

4) having Deboer is bad because he said the 2pts were important, implying the previous 2-4-6... Points were not

Lemme check. We haven't lost anyone truly significant to FA since Rafalski while managing to sign the biggest FA yet.

Thursday-Friday-off-Sunday-off-tuesday seems like 4 in 6 to me but perhaps my remedial Mathematics and calendar reading skills are off.

That would require the AHL team to have the ability to pounce on the turnovers provided or to force the turnovers......but if they could do that to a NHL team, they wouldn't be playing in the AHL.

Finally, 2pts are always important. The poster made his own inferences as to why the coach only said the points were important last night. Really? You ever hear a coach go "those two points weren't important, those two points we won last night were, the ones we dropped the game before that aren't, the one we earned losing the shoot out is, but these points....THESE POINTS, brah, you jus don't get what it means!" What a dumb ****ing comment that was.
Quote:
Haha I just read that last page...that's hilarious!!!
Ok, took a stroll over there. Well, I'm no longer constipated.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
That's basically how it is in Sweden. I've not been to a Frolunda game in a while though so I don't know how it is now. When I went to games you'd usually have to wait for the play to be whistled dead before you'd be able to get back to your seat. Which is how it should be imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Yupp. Love his game right now. Skating like Elias, forechecking like Parise. It's so alike it's uncanny. Obviously not implying he's anywhere close to as good as em but he's doing alright.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Really want Zajac (and Poni) back..

This team is going to be a force if they both come back fully healthy by the start of the playoffs.

Happy we finally exposed NYR's system. Like I've been saying, we are a huge mismatch against them because of Brodeur's puck clearing ability as well as our defensemen are pretty adept at clearing the puck (most of the time). Dump and chase doesn't work good against us.

Other than the first 10 minutes of the 2nd period, we dominated the puck possession battle. Lundqvist played amazing, any other goalie and the score is 6-1 easy.

I'll happily play the Rangers late in the playoffs. They're a team thats not going to get any 'easy' wins in the playoffs. They're going to have to grind every single game to win 1-0, 2-1, etc. Its going to be a lot of wear and tear on them and I don't think any team can win the cup playing like that. Even our great trap teams had more offense and won games by multiple goals frequently.

They're a great team, don't get me wrong. They aren't nearly the most skilled team though. They just bring it EVERY night. Tortorella has them so consistent its scary. I think the Devils best beats the Rangers best... its just the Rangers play to their best much more often than we do.

Let's go for a strong finish and ride some momentum into the playoffs. That includes beating the ****ing islanders.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:07 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
When I was in 230 that always happens the usher always sucked there.

Speaking of ushers time for my to send my email complaint about them! This time I mean it after she tried to yell at me for no reason.

edit: Now to go watch Lundy post game talk. lol

Old
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I should mention that I was lucky enough to sit with some decent Ranger fans last night, which has not been the norm obviously. Good sports, I talked all game with one, and they dealt with the obnoxious Devs fangirl in front of us pretty well.

One thing I have noticed a lot this season is these old Ranger fans that show up; I call them Blackberry ranger fans, because they always look like they are coming right from a board meeting, but they ALWAYS leave during the second intermission, when the game is either tied, or there's a 1-goal dif. What gives?

For the two periods they are there, all they do is rag on the Devs, seem to get pumped up, and then disappear
You can either leave and beat the traffic or you can stay and beat your meat.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Pat Zajac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post

Old
03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
LOL...I guess when you don't sit in the cheap seats that's the case!
No, its the same in the Lowers. Same guys in my row every game I'm there, I have seats 3 and 4, they're at the other end of the row. Instead of walking through the 4 people to their left, they'll walk through the 10 people to their right, including my brother and I, to leave. And they'll do it at the worst time too.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
apice3*

Quote:
I never understood the point of paying for a hockey ticket, and then spending half the game on the food line or in the bathroom.

I never get up during the game. Ever. Hell, half the time I don't even get up during the intermissions.

Closed Thread