HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Rangers 4-1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
  #376
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,337
vCash: 500
I should mention that I was lucky enough to sit with some decent Ranger fans last night, which has not been the norm obviously. Good sports, I talked all game with one, and they dealt with the obnoxious Devs fangirl in front of us pretty well.

One thing I have noticed a lot this season is these old Ranger fans that show up; I call them Blackberry ranger fans, because they always look like they are coming right from a board meeting, but they ALWAYS leave during the second intermission, when the game is either tied, or there's a 1-goal dif. What gives?

For the two periods they are there, all they do is rag on the Devs, seem to get pumped up, and then disappear

daveskirtun is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
  #377
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Great win last night. Devs sat back to much in the second but they responded well after the Rangers tied it. Don't know why they didn't do that from the get go but in this league you very rarely play a game where you control the play from start to finish.

I have to say I am becoming a cranky old man at games - we had about 8 ranger fans in our row (we sit on the aisle) and these guys were up and down all game getting beers and food and whatever and always during the ****ing play. Finally half way through the second period I just said to one - Have the Rangers been so bad for so long that you don't know how to sit and watch a ****ing hockey game? So annoying.
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
  #378
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
didn't think you were allowed to move out of a seat during play anymore?

GM17* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
  #379
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.

JimEIV is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
  #380
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.
LOL...I guess when you don't sit in the cheap seats that's the case!

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
  #381
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
  #382
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,491
vCash: 500
I don't understand how people have the money to spend on multiple beers and food inside the stadium. **** is expensive.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
  #383
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I don't understand how people have the money to spend on multiple beers and food inside the stadium. **** is expensive.
I don't either! I'm thankful for my F&B card we get from the team!

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:40 AM
  #384
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,113
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.
There were way too many people doing that last night, usually a couple rows in front of me in 120, so annoying.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
  #385
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!
Honestly we have never experienced it this much in our row before last night. At the canucks game last week we had a whole bunch of people from modo sweden who flew in to see the sedins, they never get up except for intermission. This was the complete opposite.

Honestly though I don't know what the ushers can do. Right now what they do is backwards a bit because they don't let people go to their seats during play, which I understand what the rationale is but then you get this whole build of people, whistle blows, they let them all go and they are not in their seats by the time the puck drops and it makes it worse in my opinion. I'd rather one or two stragglers then 30 people all at once. But that's people going back to their seats. I'm talking these guys getting up right in the middle of the play. Like oh the Rangers just won a faceoff in the Devils zone on the power play, let's go get a beer! wtf?! I missed a few saves by Marty because they like just get up during the game. I was so annoyed.

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
  #386
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I don't understand how people have the money to spend on multiple beers and food inside the stadium. **** is expensive.
Me either. I hardly buy anything there. These guys had to spend several hundred with the amount of booze and food they got.

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
  #387
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Honestly we have never experienced it this much in our row before last night. At the canucks game last week we had a whole bunch of people from modo sweden who flew in to see the sedins, they never get up except for intermission. This was the complete opposite.

Honestly though I don't know what the ushers can do. Right now what they do is backwards a bit because they don't let people go to their seats during play, which I understand what the rationale is but then you get this whole build of people, whistle blows, they let them all go and they are not in their seats by the time the puck drops and it makes it worse in my opinion. I'd rather one or two stragglers then 30 people all at once. But that's people going back to their seats. I'm talking these guys getting up right in the middle of the play. Like oh the Rangers just won a faceoff in the Devils zone on the power play, let's go get a beer! wtf?! I missed a few saves by Marty because they like just get up during the game. I was so annoyed.
That's terrible..I'm glad for my front row seats!

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
  #388
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
So who's playing C?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,245
vCash: 313
You go to a game in Detroit you will get scolded, boo'd and the dirtiest looks EVER if you attempt to get up or go to your seats while the puck is in play. They know their hockey etiquette. Columbus - complete opposite.

Comes with time I guess (and some good ushers at each row up top).

__________________


Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:57 AM
  #389
Dr Grant
...
 
Dr Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
You go to a game in Detroit you will get scolded, boo'd and the dirtiest looks EVER if you attempt to get up or go to your seats while the puck is in play. They know their hockey etiquette. Columbus - complete opposite.

Comes with time I guess (and some good ushers at each row up top).
That is the farthest thing from the truth. They're some of the most respectful fans in the league.

Dr Grant is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
  #390
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
You go to a game in Detroit you will get scolded, boo'd and the dirtiest looks EVER if you attempt to get up or go to your seats while the puck is in play. They know their hockey etiquette. Columbus - complete opposite.

Comes with time I guess (and some good ushers at each row up top).
No kidding!! They don't mess around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
That is the farthest thing from the truth. They're some of the most respectful fans in the league.
Ummmm...he wasn't talking bad about them.

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
  #391
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,331
vCash: 500
Josefson was fantastic last night. More of that.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
  #392
Dr Grant
...
 
Dr Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
No kidding!! They don't mess around there.



Ummmm...he wasn't talking bad about them.
lol sorry I just woke up, yea I just got the part about the "if you get up during play"

Dr Grant is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
  #393
Semak
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Things I totally overlooked:

1) the devils are a farm team to the NHL by losing players via fa.

2) the rangers played their 4th game in 6 nights

3) the rangers would've lost to most AHL teams with their performance last night

4) having Deboer is bad because he said the 2pts were important, implying the previous 2-4-6... Points were not

Lemme check. We haven't lost anyone truly significant to FA since Rafalski while managing to sign the biggest FA yet.

Thursday-Friday-off-Sunday-off-tuesday seems like 4 in 6 to me but perhaps my remedial Mathematics and calendar reading skills are off.

That would require the AHL team to have the ability to pounce on the turnovers provided or to force the turnovers......but if they could do that to a NHL team, they wouldn't be playing in the AHL.

Finally, 2pts are always important. The poster made his own inferences as to why the coach only said the points were important last night. Really? You ever hear a coach go "those two points weren't important, those two points we won last night were, the ones we dropped the game before that aren't, the one we earned losing the shoot out is, but these points....THESE POINTS, brah, you jus don't get what it means!" What a dumb ****ing comment that was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Haha I just read that last page...that's hilarious!!!
Ok, took a stroll over there. Well, I'm no longer constipated.

 
Old
03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
  #394
FirmestPiano
Registered User
 
FirmestPiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
Honestly we have never experienced it this much in our row before last night. At the canucks game last week we had a whole bunch of people from modo sweden who flew in to see the sedins, they never get up except for intermission. This was the complete opposite.
That's basically how it is in Sweden. I've not been to a Frolunda game in a while though so I don't know how it is now. When I went to games you'd usually have to wait for the play to be whistled dead before you'd be able to get back to your seat. Which is how it should be imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Josefson was fantastic last night. More of that.
Yupp. Love his game right now. Skating like Elias, forechecking like Parise. It's so alike it's uncanny. Obviously not implying he's anywhere close to as good as em but he's doing alright.

FirmestPiano is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 10:56 AM
  #395
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Really want Zajac (and Poni) back..

This team is going to be a force if they both come back fully healthy by the start of the playoffs.

Happy we finally exposed NYR's system. Like I've been saying, we are a huge mismatch against them because of Brodeur's puck clearing ability as well as our defensemen are pretty adept at clearing the puck (most of the time). Dump and chase doesn't work good against us.

Other than the first 10 minutes of the 2nd period, we dominated the puck possession battle. Lundqvist played amazing, any other goalie and the score is 6-1 easy.

I'll happily play the Rangers late in the playoffs. They're a team thats not going to get any 'easy' wins in the playoffs. They're going to have to grind every single game to win 1-0, 2-1, etc. Its going to be a lot of wear and tear on them and I don't think any team can win the cup playing like that. Even our great trap teams had more offense and won games by multiple goals frequently.

They're a great team, don't get me wrong. They aren't nearly the most skilled team though. They just bring it EVERY night. Tortorella has them so consistent its scary. I think the Devils best beats the Rangers best... its just the Rangers play to their best much more often than we do.

Let's go for a strong finish and ride some momentum into the playoffs. That includes beating the ****ing islanders.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:07 AM
  #396
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Ushers should be making sure that doesn't happen. I thought they've always done a good job of that at the Rock.
When I was in 230 that always happens the usher always sucked there.


Speaking of ushers time for my to send my email complaint about them! This time I mean it after she tried to yell at me for no reason.

edit: Now to go watch Lundy post game talk. lol

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
  #397
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I should mention that I was lucky enough to sit with some decent Ranger fans last night, which has not been the norm obviously. Good sports, I talked all game with one, and they dealt with the obnoxious Devs fangirl in front of us pretty well.

One thing I have noticed a lot this season is these old Ranger fans that show up; I call them Blackberry ranger fans, because they always look like they are coming right from a board meeting, but they ALWAYS leave during the second intermission, when the game is either tied, or there's a 1-goal dif. What gives?

For the two periods they are there, all they do is rag on the Devs, seem to get pumped up, and then disappear
You can either leave and beat the traffic or you can stay and beat your meat.

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
  #398
Pat Zajac
Registered User
 
Pat Zajac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Josefson was fantastic last night. More of that.

Pat Zajac is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
  #399
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 9,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
LOL...I guess when you don't sit in the cheap seats that's the case!
No, its the same in the Lowers. Same guys in my row every game I'm there, I have seats 3 and 4, they're at the other end of the row. Instead of walking through the 4 people to their left, they'll walk through the 10 people to their right, including my brother and I, to leave. And they'll do it at the worst time too.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
  #400
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
It's not just Rangers fans that do that..it's Devils fans too. I also don't understand people who constantly come to their seats during play. I know MOST of you have been to games and it's the same in every arena - puck in play - don't go to your seats!
I never understood the point of paying for a hockey ticket, and then spending half the game on the food line or in the bathroom.

I never get up during the game. Ever. Hell, half the time I don't even get up during the intermissions.

apice3* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.