I'd love to see the Canucks skate through the Avs defense in a series.
San Jose doesn't scare me much with the depth Vancouver brings, especially being able to throw size and physicality out against them now as well.
PHX LA are stingy but over 7 games I think the Canucks PP can get it done.
Calgary would be fun and entertaining for both sides and would only re-ignite the rivalry.
All I really hope, 2 central teams meet 1st round, and Detroit gets banged up or knocked out before we play them.
Part of me is obviously scared because they definitely always come out to play against the Canucks, but just like last year, the Canucks do have the better team.
Now that the mental issues are done and over with, I see us taking them in 5 or 6.
In order of most favorable:
1) Colorado (Very favorable for us)
2) Calgary (Very favorable for us)
3) Dallas (Showing this year that they aren't the pushovers they were last year. Still think we beat them but I could see them pushing it to 6)
4) Chicago (Good high end talent, but shaky goal tending and D, Pat Kane is having an off year and Toews will be coming off an injury)
5) LA (Always play their best against the Canucks, I have a feeling this is one of those one-sided rivalries where they really hate us)
6) San Jose (Even though we took them in 5, it could've easily been 6. They're just a team that you never know what could happen against, despite their recent slide.)
Colorado would probably be the easiest but they probably won't make the playoff.. all the other teams are too tight checking and play boring style except chicago and san jose and detroit.... and those 3 teams got great superstars on their team..
In a perfect world, I would love the Canucks to play against Calgary. The travel isn't bad, and Calgary's really sucks. But since Calgary really sucks, I don't see them making it into the playoffs. So, maybe San Jose.
I want nothing to do with Nashville. In a 7 game series they'd beat us. Our offense would be completely shut down and we'd lose a bunch of 2-0 or 2-1 games.
Same. I want Nashville to play against the Blues and lose.
Nashville has the ability to score weird, soft, flukey goals against Luongo. So, playing them in a playoff round is going to really piss me off.
This year it looks very tough, we could vs. anyone from Calgary (lol) to San Jose.
Either way, Doesnt matter who we vs. in the first round, I cant see us losing in the 1st round, no matter who we play seeing as how I believe the only teams that can beat us are NY Rangers, St.Louis and maybe Detroit.
They have a brutal schedule playing every second day and three back-to-back games in the next three weeks. If Calgary and Los Angeles remains in the hunt, they would be hard press to try winning. That would help soften them up for the first round feast.
When are the Sharks going to get their heads out of their respective *****? I really think it would be best if they made the playoffs, otherwise it's going to be all dead-puck teams in the post season (aside from the 'Hawks and Red Wings). Not good.