HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-4

Old
03-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Lars Eller, Tomas Kaberle, Blake Geoffrion +1.

Discuss.
Means they are all definitely better than Plekachu because as we all know +/- means so much.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Oh yessss!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yeah I agree. It depends on the coach.

But if he plays on the third line.. I really don't think he will be able to score 25. I'd be happy if he pots 20 for us next season, especially if he plays on the third line. Coach better like him because 20% of his goals in the past 2 seasons are scored on the PP.

Oh and speaking of Bourque. Damn his +/- ratio with us so far is absolutely terrible.

-15 in 23 games!

8th straight games in the minus. (-14)
If you want to start looking at stats from this season go ahead but imo just throw it all out the window. A team led by a guy with zero nhl head coach experience like RC is just a total mess. Expect shinny hockey every night and don't expect a plan ever. He double shifts our one line and crosses his fingers.

Plekanecs +/- is nothing to write home about either but like I said before this seasons play and standings are not indicative of this teams talent, just their coaching. I do not expect we will be getting a lottery pick next year so we better make the most of this one.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:28 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Umm no, but im sure since you have probably never watched bourque you would know right? When Bourque is on he is a legit powerforward who can bulldoze his way to the net and stands up for himself.

Neither is top line talent on a good team, they are both 3rd line winger depth but don't let that stop you from whining. If either one had any consistency they would be legit 1st liners but they don't.
He hasn't shown any of that since he got traded to Montreal. He is invisible every night.

VAN-HAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

We really are... bad...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Failing Hands

Failing Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
He hasn't shown any of that since he got traded to Montreal. He is invisible every night.
Can't blame him really. He's been used like crap since he got here.

RC is such a horrible coach, it's pretty unbelievable. I really don't understand how this guy was given a chance. But it's not just from Gauthier, McGuire said RC was talked about as the next one from the AHL to graduate whether it was in Mtl or somewhere else.

I hope we win the lottery.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Who cares he is a 3rd liner who can pot 25 goals.
Is Gomez a 4th liner that can pot 60 points? If Bourque continues to play like he has with the Habs, we'd be lucky if he's a 3rd liner that can pot 15 goals.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Yeah I agree. It depends on the coach.

But if he plays on the third line.. I really don't think he will be able to score 25. I'd be happy if he pots 20 for us next season, especially if he plays on the third line. Coach better like him because 20% of his goals in the past 2 seasons are scored on the PP.

Oh and speaking of Bourque. Damn his +/- ratio with us so far is absolutely terrible.

-15 in 23 games!

8th straight games in the minus. (-14)
I don't think it depends on the coach... He got his contract and then went away. Bourque has always been streaky but he's been crap for a while now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Granted. I still root for Cammy and his incredible sniping abilities, everytime Calgary is on CBC. Cammy should have been more patient. But hey, he's human. And it's true, we were (and still are) playing like losers.
Cammy made an offside comment that he apologized for. Ryan Miller did the same thing about a week later and nobody cared. We have a reputation for being petty and this was just another example of it. Silly, silly move on our part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
However, imagine this :

Yakupov-Plekanec-Leblanc
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Gionta

It's a synergic combo to me. 3 great offensive lines, Leblanc being the glue of the 1st line (being Crayola glue, that's what he was meant to be). Then you can have Moen and White + whoever who can grind on the 4th line, Moen being the polyvalant one that climbs up the latter in case of injury. And Eller finally would have competent wingers. And Gallagher can replace Gionta when his contract expires.
Leblanc is a real wildcard right now. Yakupov (if we do get him) probably won't play next season.

I don't know man, I really see next year as a crapshoot. And the real questions are going to be on the blueline. Who's ready? Who isn't? If we want to make the playoffs we can't go into next season with the same blueline we did this year.

I'd be fine if we brought up the rookies and let them play btw. But if we do this, we shouldn't expect much in the standings.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't blame him really. He's been used like crap since he got here.

RC is such a horrible coach, it's pretty unbelievable. I really don't understand how this guy was given a chance. But it's not just from Gauthier, McGuire said RC was talked about as the next one from the AHL to graduate whether it was in Mtl or somewhere else.

I hope we win the lottery.
The problem is RC coaches like this is the AHL.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The problem is RC coaches like this is the AHL.
the prob is that he basically has an AHL team that gave up on the season to coach.. He is condamned for mediocrity this yeat no matter what he does..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Habs have now gone 7 straight winless in Calgary in the past decade (1 tie- remember those? Only 1 win there in 10 visits since 1999 as well, for a sterling 1-7-2 record). No surprise at this result. Didn't get totally humiliated. Now do the same in Edmonton, which shouldn't be tough since we've lost our last six in that building dating back to 2000 (most awful one was a 2002 visit where we were up 6-3 late in the 2nd then blew it to lose 7-6 in regulation!). Also we've been beat a combined 14-5 in our last three visits there The Canucks are gonna murder us if they focus. Our win last year was a Price-delivered miracle, boosting our Western Canada road record since 2000 which sits at a woeful 3-20-5 after tonight

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Agreed. What Bourque game are some people really watching? It's an alternate reality that they describe.

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
our Western Canada road record since 2000 which sits at a woeful 3-20-5 after tonight
OMG!!!
If true, this stat is absolutely mindblowing!

Aspirine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
the prob is that he basically has an AHL team that gave up on the season to coach.. He is condamned for mediocrity this yeat no matter what he does..
That's ridiculous, and the record of Martin proves it. He was able to maintain a better than .500 record. Not only that, but if you remove the horrible start, he actually has a very decent record with 12-7-5.
RC has taken one stupid decision after another, and keeps on doing so.
Refusing to break up our first line. Putting in place a pee-wee like system. Killing any type of creativity from our forwards. Turning Plekanec into a checking line center. Using Bourque as a 3rd liner right from his arrival. Retaining Gomez on the PP. Making Gomez play 9min with half of them coming from the PP. Refusing to split up the first PP unit despite us being one of the worst in the NHL. Benching Eller for the whole third period+OT, but then using him as the last of three shooters in the Shootouts. Chasing two of our best scorers out of town.
And the list goes on, and on.

You can say we're a bad team all you want. But RC has made it a ton worse. It really is the worst coaching I've ever seen in Mtl. Yes, that is worse than Tremblay and Carbo.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:16 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

why do poeple imply that RC was chosen. it was more like "insert assistant coach here". whoever our assistant was, he would have been hired as interim. that is what many teams often do. randy was that guy. they don't believe in him or anything, too much damage was done aside from coaching to go out and get a full time replacement in the middle of the season like that so they just went with that instead of stirring the pot even more with the story of who they'd hire and would the be french enough. the ship sunk on its own anyway, but it would have been too much going on. he has some good attributes, but in general half of his decisions are on the poorer side in terms of some lines and pairings and asset management. ie, he's an assistant coach.

i still don't get what it so hard about using people in their optimal situations. virtually any member on here has posted far better concepts of matching and who to use and who not to use in the last 5 minutes of a game, who to use on PP ect....why that logic is so damn hard to grasp for every coach we've had recently, is beyond me. it's so ****in simple too. in fact getting that much right is seemingly the most basic aspect of being a coach, why can't anyone get it right for a change.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 03-07-2012 at 12:22 AM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Edmonton won! The next game is for second (last) place. Hope Budaj starts.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Edmonton won! The next game is for second (last) place. Hope Budaj starts.
Price injured himself tonight. I am sure they will rest him at least a couple games in a row. If it was my decision i would rest him for rest of season

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
No **** sherlock, if he wasn't in a funk he wouldn't have been a salary dump in the Cammalleri trade. I guess you figured he would magically turn everything around immediatly with our so called "coach" and total lack of team cohesion?

Like I said he is 3rd line winger depth, just like Akost was.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If you don't like what you see, just don't post. Face reality: Gionta is not here and neither Markov.
Thanks for the tip, I am new here and would have never guessed.

Quote:
A lot of fans are putting hope on that special player that we may be getting in compensation for our poor season. What's wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with it at all, just stop posting the ****ing 'tank' meme, it was old a month ago. Just like the 'Gainey ' was funny for about a week, it continued along by a few turds for months.

'tank mctank the tank out of this tank' we get it, enough.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:26 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

so what are we supposed to talk about, the playoffs?

we talk about our current reality. and the situation is such that we are tanking. whether you take that talk in the literal sense of us losing on purpose, or know what we actually mean by using the expression, which is simply losing, this is what we are talking about because there's not much that's off that topic to discuss. and everything that's not directly about tanking, is still stemming from that tree. at the root of everything worth discussing at this point is tanking.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:30 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
OMG!!!
If true, this stat is absolutely mindblowing!
It is true. When we beat Vancouver last year, it was awesome, but ofcourse we lost the 2 other games. West road trips are terrible.. now they're useful

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:31 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I really think Bourque will turn it around with a competent coach and a motivated team. Everything is a mess right now, and he's a new guy who's already known as inconsistent.

I'm still happy with the Cammy deal, he's a turd and it was obvious he wasn't cared for in the lockerroom.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Thanks for the tip, I am new here and would have never guessed.

Nothing wrong with it at all, just stop posting the ****ing 'tank' meme, it was old a month ago. Just like the 'Gainey ' was funny for about a week, it continued along by a few turds for months.

'tank mctank the tank out of this tank' we get it, enough.
tank

better?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
tank

better?