HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Better chance of winning a cup this season or next season?

Old
03-07-2012, 11:39 PM
B-rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHaiti View Post
Lol.

I'm kinda new here, am I missing something? Is your job devil's advocate or just to toss out dumb ideas and see what happens?

Make a run at Nash for us. Take a look at what didn't get the deal done and now add to it.
Stop it with all of that logic.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
GCM
Stork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaloCannon View Post
I was thinking.... Streit, Moulson, 3rd round pick for Schneider... hmm.
I'd do that deal so f---ing fast.

Moulson's been one of the most consistent goalscorers over the last few seasons.

Big body, great hands for tipping, used to screening goaltenders, gets in the dirty areas, young. Honestly, what more could you want?

They can even Keep Streit and the 3rd I'd do it straight up.

Moulson's cheap too.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

If we're referring to the offseason, I don't think we need any top 6 help to start the season. Raymond will be here, trust me, and he may surprise some of us with a full offseason to train and gain strength. We also have both Kassian and Higgins for a 3 way contest for a top 6 spot. If by the deadline nobody is cutting it, we'll address the issue via trade. Top 6 free agents this season are going to cost too much, there's no way I want to offer 5mil to a guy like Parenteau to get him here.

All our team needs in the offseason is some tinkering. Here are some moves I'd consider in the offseason:

- The possibility of moving Malhotra and his cap hit. Limited NTC, so it would be in the realm of possibility.

- Re-sign Pahlsson 2 yrs. / 1.75-2mil per

- Sign Penner 1 yr/2mil

- Sign Avery 1 yr / 0.7mil

- Re-sign Salo for 1 more year

- Sign Finger 1 yr / 1mil

We just need some depth moves that have the potential to pay off bigger than they are. All of Avery, Finger, and Penner are targets I'd consider because they'd come cheap and they have something to prove. Vancouver should be an attractive option for them as it's easy to re-kindle your career on a good team, and they have a shot at the cup.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:37 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Lol.

I'm kinda new here, am I missing something? Is your job devil's advocate or just to toss out dumb ideas and see what happens?

Make a run at Nash for us. Take a look at what didn't get the deal done and now add to it.
How is it a dumb idea? Our offense hasn't been good, especially in the playoffs.

Maybe Columbus really wants a goalie, which is by far their biggest need, and because the Rangers couldn't offer one the price for them was even more expensive?

03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

God, please no Avery. Guy's been a locker room cancer everywhere he's gone. One of our advantages is that our players seem to be tight-knit and give up individual aims for team accomplishments. Avery seems to be as much of an egoistical **** as it gets.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
If we're referring to the offseason, I don't think we need any top 6 help to start the season. Raymond will be here, trust me, and he may surprise some of us with a full offseason to train and gain strength. We also have both Kassian and Higgins for a 3 way contest for a top 6 spot. If by the deadline nobody is cutting it, we'll address the issue via trade. Top 6 free agents this season are going to cost too much, there's no way I want to offer 5mil to a guy like Parenteau to get him here.

All our team needs in the offseason is some tinkering. Here are some moves I'd consider in the offseason:

- The possibility of moving Malhotra and his cap hit. Limited NTC, so it would be in the realm of possibility.

- Sign Penner 1 yr/2mil

We just need some depth moves that have the potential to pay off bigger than they are. All of Avery, Finger, and Penner are targets I'd consider because they'd come cheap and they have something to prove. Vancouver should be an attractive option for them as it's easy to re-kindle your career on a good team, and they have a shot at the cup.
Penner? Avery? Finger? You are just trolling now....

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Cheekier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Quote:
They blew their best chance last year and look like they don't give a **** this season. Might change in the playoffs, might go out in the first or second round.

Currently no scoring from the top two lines.

Never going to get scoring from the bottom 6 (thanks Gillis!)

Defense is terrible after the top 4 (top 5 w/ ballard in) (thanks again Gillis!)

Plus Luongo, well you all know that argument

Boy, panic much?

We have lost 2 (count 'em), -- 2 games. We currently sit one point out of first place in the Western Conference.

Top two lines slow right now, but I think history has shown that they will come back. Nobody, no line, no team, stays hot for an 82-game stretch.

Never get scoring from bottom 6? Except from Hansen, Higgins, and the occasional help from Lappy and Malhotra.

Defence is terrible right now from the top on down. Key words being "right now". Again, we have the same defence (roughly) as last year, when they were called a powerhouse that was amongst the best in the league. Now they're garbage?? C'mon give your head a shake. Are you going to tell me that Ehrhoff was the ONLY reason we had one of the best defences in the league last year?

As for Luongo, -- hands down our playoff MVP last year. Some G*d-awful games? Yep, for sure. But this year, at the first sniff of that, Schneider will be in before you can get to the fridge for a beer.

Take a breath, calm down and try to look at the positives -- there are alot of them! We are an elite team (despite what you think) that's having a bit of a tough stretch right now (just like NYR, Detroit, Boston, etc.).

Cheekier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Johnny Canucker

Last season was the best chance we will have in the next 20 years.

2 chances to win 1 game for the cup?

Wont happen again for a long time

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
How is it a dumb idea? Our offense hasn't been good, especially in the playoffs.

Maybe Columbus really wants a goalie, which is by far their biggest need, and because the Rangers couldn't offer one the price for them was even more expensive?
What do you think we will have to give up to get Nash? ($7.8M Nash) Now, you need to consider lots of other teams, DESPERATE teams, will be in this too.

So, when you say Schneider, I assume you mean Schneider, a 1st and a 2nd, and......???? We don't have any AHL prospects that will tip the scales, so who else? Gonna throw in Ballard so the numbers match? Lol. Now, make Nash's salary fit and promise me Mr 35 goals will be a playoff smash.

Nash will cost more in the summer because there will be more suitors. While Schneider is no doubt coveted, what do you really think he is worth? How much more than Halak?

==

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canucker View Post
Last season was the best chance we will have in the next 20 years.

2 chances to win 1 game for the cup?

Wont happen again for a long time
Maybe we'll go up 3-1 this year?

Old
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
crazyforhockey

Next year as it will be easier to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
dwarf

vCash: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforhockey View Post
Next year as it will be easier to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions

This team has NEVER won anything. Hold your horses there!

If this team can turn the corner to win it all, I am sure people will stop with the lets trade everything and blow it up after a two game losing streak. But not until then! haha

dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:14 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
What do you think we will have to give up to get Nash? ($7.8M Nash) Now, you need to consider lots of other teams, DESPERATE teams, will be in this too.

So, when you say Schneider, I assume you mean Schneider, a 1st and a 2nd, and......???? We don't have any AHL prospects that will tip the scales, so who else? Gonna throw in Ballard so the numbers match? Lol. Now, make Nash's salary fit and promise me Mr 35 goals will be a playoff smash.

Nash will cost more in the summer because there will be more suitors. While Schneider is no doubt coveted, what do you really think he is worth? How much more than Halak?

==
Valid points.

I think Schneider is worth a lot more than Halak, and it seems as if the expert analysts agree.

Nash's suitors are limited to the teams he will waive his NTC for, and of that amount how many have a potential top 10 goalie they're able to move for him? I would definitely do something around Schneider, Ballard, Raymond, 1, 2 for Nash at the draft.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Well we will probably lose Salo in the off-season to retirement so getting a new dman which is easier said than done will be a daunting task. So on balance of probabilities, I'd say this year is as good as any.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
SamiSaloCannon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post

- Sign Penner 1 yr/2mil

Avery= Making our team 50x more hated, Lol. I LOVE IT!

SamiSaloCannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

I want Avery nowhere near this team. Hell, I don't even want him playing in our conference, that's how far away from this team I want him.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:50 PM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Valid points.

I think Schneider is worth a lot more than Halak, and it seems as if the expert analysts agree.

Nash's suitors are limited to the teams he will waive his NTC for, and of that amount how many have a potential top 10 goalie they're able to move for him? I would definitely do something around Schneider, Ballard, Raymond, 1, 2 for Nash at the draft.
Ballard and Raymond? Those aren't the pieces that make this deal.

SJ can easily come way over the top if they have another playoff fizzle. Heck, they could MISS the playoffs.

You don't get to throw in the junk you don't want and expect to that to make the deal. Too many teams have deeper youth pools to dip into. If we want Nash, send Schneider, a first, Kassian and likely Jensen.

Or in other words, a roster player, a good prospect, a pick and another prospect. That is what they'll ask for and that is what they'll get. Now, make cap space. What do we have? A guy who hasn't proven S*** in the playoffs that makes SEVENPOINTEIGHTMILLIONDOLLARSAYEAR!! Or in other words, an even thinner, weaker defence in the years to come.