HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 08:56 PM
NYRangers

vCash: 500

bye bye Fedor?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/10/sp.../10hockey.html

Quote:
Until he went to the Leafs' training camp last season, Kondratiev had never played in North America. He made the Leafs coming out of camp and played in seven N.H.L. games, but was then assigned to the minor leagues, at which point he exercised his right to go back and play in Russia. Now he will again return to his Russian team, Lady [sic] Togliatti. Tyutin will play for his old team, St. Petersburg.
Seems a little iffy to me though.

Old
11-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Prucha73

Makes sense I guess. Although I am very disappointed with his lack of offensive production and creativity. Hopefully this means we will see a lot of Taylor and Liffiton.

Old
11-09-2004, 09:12 PM
NYRangers

Hows it make sense? He has a contract without an escape clause like Maxim.

Old
11-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Hows it make sense? He has a contract without an escape clause like Maxim.

The Rangers likely let him leave if he wanted, because they know the competition will be better there and he will likely get payed more money and he has showed he can play well in NA and they have plenty guys to replace him and Max.

Old
11-09-2004, 09:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

This is Horrible Horrible news. We lost our first line dpair then. I smell a trade

Old
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
This is Horrible Horrible news. We lost our first line dpair then. I smell a trade
Trade? No no no. All they need to do is call up Taylor or Liffiton.

And I still dont believe this is true.

Old
11-09-2004, 09:53 PM
NYR469

this sounds sketchy to me...if he was going back then why didn't berlet mention it in his article reporting kondratiev was going back??

i'm trying to find more info, but i wouldn't overreact until we get some confirmation.

Old
11-09-2004, 10:10 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Trade? No no no. All they need to do is call up Taylor or Liffiton.

And I still dont believe this is true.
I doubt a trade is made. This almost makes the Rangers' job easier, with Pck coming back. Not that they would want this to happen, of course.

I can see them not being too worried from a hockey-playing standpoint, because the Russian league is so good this year. Tyutin is comfortable in NA, too, so from a cultural standpoint, they don't have to worry. So why bother standing in his way and risk ill-feeling with the club. Call up Liffiton and Taylor and give them some good experience.

As for this being true, for all it's other faults, the NY Times has a reputation for being very exacting with it's sources (and you can imagine it is super-strict after the whole Jayson Blair episode).

Old
11-09-2004, 11:00 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Pock came back 2 games ago

Old
11-09-2004, 11:40 PM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Pock came back 2 games ago
I know, but the team still has to juggle defencemen. Pck is playing, but it'll take a few games for him to get up to speed. If he plays to potential, he should be making a strong case to play on the first pairing. There could have been a logjam up front.

That's the kind of problem coaches dream of, of course, and I am not suggesting that the Rangers want either Max or Fedor to leave, but it does cushion the blow somewhat.

Old
11-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
They need to wait a few more games, break that record! :mad:

Old
11-10-2004, 12:08 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
I know, but the team still has to juggle defencemen. Pck is playing, but it'll take a few games for him to get up to speed. If he plays to potential, he should be making a strong case to play on the first pairing. There could have been a logjam up front.

That's the kind of problem coaches dream of, of course, and I am not suggesting that the Rangers want either Max or Fedor to leave, but it does cushion the blow somewhat.
kondratiev isn't leaving for another 6 games (nov 21st) and there is no confirmation that tyutin is leaving no less when he is leaving...so it isn't like they will both be gone tomorrow and pock suddenly has to play 35 minutes...pock will have a month and about 8 games under his belt before drats leaves so hopefully he'll be up to full speed by then.

Old
11-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Fletch

If both are gone...

it could be the best situation for the Rangers defense to grow. Obviously, with the NHLers that are now in Russia, coupled with the already competitive nature of that league, Tyutin and Drats will be playing in a near-NHL league. A few notches above the AHL (or several). Tyutin's ready for the NHL. Drats may be too. This is best for them, especially if they get the ice time.

On the Rangers defense, Pock has returned, and he's NHL-ready, much more than AHL-ready. Liffiton and Taylor have been playing in the ECHL, presumably making some sort of impression (hopefully positive) on the coaching staff. They may (I hope, but can't know for sure) be ready for a call-up. No Tyutin helps in that call-up. It would be nice to follow Tyutin daily, but I wouldn't hold him back from what's best for his development.

This all may be a sign, however, that the hopes for an NHL season are bleak at best. Nearing mid-November. No talks. More players still going overseas. I dunno, I have zero hope for an NHL season at this point.

Old
11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

EDIT- Tyutin is CONFIRMED to be heading back to Russia. SIGH

Last edited by FLYLine24: 11-10-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old
11-10-2004, 02:58 PM
NYR2

Stupid question, but would both of them be able to come back and play for the Pack if they make it into the playoffs? I don't know when the season ends in Russia or what the rules are about them coming back.

Old
11-10-2004, 03:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Not a stupid question at all. I would love to know the answer to this as well.

Old
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
NYR2

I just can't believe he's going back also. I feel like ripping him new one.

Max I can understand a little bit, even though I think it would benefit him more to stay here and learn the language and culture. Now it'll just take him even longer to learn things here. I'm just surprised Fedor is going back also. It pisses me off because I think the Pack need him more than Max. Ugh.

Old
11-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I just can't believe he's going back also. I feel like ripping him new one.

Max I can understand a little bit, even though I think it would benefit him more to stay here and learn the language and culture. Now it'll just take him even longer to learn things here. I'm just surprised Fedor is going back also. It pisses me off because I think the Pack need him more than Max. Ugh.
I'm disappointed to see him go but one thing you have to remember is that management is not looking for Hartford to bring home a championship. Instead, Sather and Dolan are looking for our prospects to develop as much as possible. Fedor and Max are going to play against a higher caliber of competition in Russia. Having them in Hartford for this brief time period proved that they still mesh well and will possibly be paired when the NHL starts again.

Having them play in Russia against better competition allows Liffiton and possibly Taylor to move up and play against better competition in the AHL. That will be tremendous in their development and in the end, further help the organization as a whole.

From a Hartford perspective it sucks but from an organizational perspective, this is probably what is best for the organization as a whole.

Old
11-10-2004, 05:15 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Why is everyone acting like they are in complete shcok, I mean he is still a NYR so what is the big deal?

Old
11-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
I would have loved for Tjutin to stay there. But if he feels going home to play against NHL caliber competition will be better for development, then let him go back to Russia. Remember, they're going to be playing against some of the best players.

Also, the way I look at the losses on D, maybe Taylor or Liftion can push their way onto the Pack from Charlotte.

Old
11-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Ola

Apparently it wasnt up to Tyutin to leave. I am not sure what to make of it....

"I'm not very happy to leave the team after [13] games," Tyutin said. "I'm not very comfortable, but it wasn't up to me. The Russian team called the Rangers, who asked if I wanted to go. I want to play against better competition."

http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

Old
11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
You 'Orns!

Ultimately, I think this can be a very good thing. Provided it's handled well, it will help Tyutin and Kondratiev, and give more Rangers d-man prospects AHL experience. The only risk is that the guys called up from Charlotte cannot stand the AHL or don't get enough minutes, or that the Pack make a trade for someone.

Old
11-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Levitate

well...the pack will get grenier and gilles back at some point, and with pock back in the lineup...you call up liffiton or taylor...

nycholat/lampman
pock/liffiton
grenier/gilles

somethin like that, dunno what to do with mcmillan

not as good a lineup but it's not terrible

Old
11-11-2004, 01:56 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
well...the pack will get grenier and gilles back at some point, and with pock back in the lineup...you call up liffiton or taylor...

nycholat/lampman
pock/liffiton
grenier/gilles

somethin like that, dunno what to do with mcmillan

not as good a lineup but it's not terrible
gillies is a forward and grenier will be out 6-8 weeks

the 6 dmen after tyutin & kondratiev leave will be Lampman, Nycholat, Pock, MacMillan, Taylor & Liffiton...how the pairings breakdown is the question. i doubt they will stick taylor & liffiton together so 1 of the other pairs will have to be split up...

my guess would be that lampman/nycholat will be split up...something along the lines of lampman/taylor, nycholat/liffiton, pock/macmillan, that way each pair has an experienced guy paired with a pure rookie.

Old
11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
gillies is a forward and grenier will be out 6-8 weeks

the 6 dmen after tyutin & kondratiev leave will be Lampman, Nycholat, Pock, MacMillan, Taylor & Liffiton...how the pairings breakdown is the question. i doubt they will stick taylor & liffiton together so 1 of the other pairs will have to be split up...

my guess would be that lampman/nycholat will be split up...something along the lines of lampman/taylor, nycholat/liffiton, pock/macmillan, that way each pair has an experienced guy paired with a pure rookie.

And u can count on a guy like Rawlyk being called up if more injuries happen. He had a good year last year and I think is playing good this year as well.

Closed Thread