1) If we play bad to end year then this makes Burke more inclined to make moves, and turn around some of culture with this hockey team. Alternatively, if the leafs were to perform good to end the year, like last season, then we would see less off-season activity (which happened).
2) Top 5 pick. I'd love see a high end prospect added to this organization.
3) New coach, hopefully better players addressing some weaknesses, new and adapted system, improved PK; all things fresh things to look out for, with the same expectations being managed.
Bonus: season is almost over, which means just exams left. Then, summmerrrr!
-Marlies have a chance at the Calder cup
-Lupul's great year
-Potentially a top 5 draft pick (maybe even 4)
-Spring Training is underway
-The continent's best Sports Bar is located right next to the ACC
-The Maple Leaf Square Longo's has a nice seating area by the Starbucks
phil kessel is one of the best players in the world
joffrey lupul has emerged as a star
Gardiner is an awesome young talent
I believe schenn and kadri will both have great seasons next year and we will finally reap the benefits from the awful seasons that earned us those high picks
The draft will be very exciting to watch this summer
Think you are slightly overboard on Phil but he's had a great season.
Schenn/Kadri have stagnated this season (you could argue regressed a little). I don't see how you would point these two out as positives. Instead, I would say lots of good prospects and young players who could surprise next season.
- Ron Wilson is gone - Carlyle is in
- Jake Gardiner is going to be a stud
- The Marlies are going to challenge for a Calder
- We are going to draft top 5 ( Draft a 1C instead of selling the farm for one)
- Burke is on the hotseat and his "loyalty" to the these so called core players (Phaneuf) may change