HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto @ Pittsburgh - 7:30 E - TSN, NBCSN (HD), RDSI (HD) - The Clock Keeps Tickin'

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf4Life View Post
Ashton has not impressed. Back to the AHL i guess.
Yeah he should have at least a quadruble-hatty by now and three shutouts. Fourteen game winners, and six Norris trophies.

Within two periods.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Kamal007
A$VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf4Life View Post
Ashton has not impressed. Back to the AHL i guess.
Yup, no where close physically speaking. He can skate but not well enough to create ice for himself. Kadri should have been called up or even Colbourne, but Ashton isn't close yet.

Old
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLeaf View Post
That's a joke, right!?
He was outside of the blue paint and the puck was loose.....no joke!

Even with the focus on goalie interference.....he was also helped there.

Old
TMLOBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
That's one of the hard to overwrite myths that have been spread about. you would be surprised to read how many people think it's ok to bump a goalie if they're outside the crease.

Lucic says hi...

The rule is you can't touch the goalies ever! But if you nail them hard enough then you won't get into trouble..

Old
03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
That's one of the hard to overwrite myths that have been spread about. you would be surprised to read how many people think it's ok to bump a goalie if they're outside the crease.
I don't know why I'm ever surprised about some of the things I read here

Old
03-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Schennanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFancyHuh View Post
leafs are 20-0-1 when leading after 2. did not know that
And guess what team that one blimish is....

Old
leafsfuture

Ashton has nothing to be sorry for. He has come in on short notice and done the best he can. Not everyone is going to come in like Frattin and leave everyone thinking over the summer that hes going to be a star

I still hold Leafs management made a mistake in calling him up. Now with some more guys injured we will see if not calling up the more experienced player in Kadri (who has been in an NHL playoff race) hurts or not

Old
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilPhessel View Post
that doesn't matter.. if hes interfered with hes interfered with regardless of where the goalie is.. it was the fact he was pushed in.
I know the rule and I also am very aware of how the refs interpret the rule. It is seldom called outside of the blue paint when the puck is loose.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
FRATTIN BOZAK KESSEL
MCCARTHUR GRABOVSKY KULEMIN
STECKEL CONNOLLY ASHTON
ROSEHILL M.BROWN CRABB

GUNNARSON PHANEUF
GARDINER FRANSON
LILES KOMISAREK

GUSTAVSSON
REIMER

i think)
Franson and Brown were injured early. Pretty sure Crabb was playing centre before that. Now they're rotating centres from the other 3 lines. Otherwise pretty much it.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:16 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Yes.....
Played well against Malkin on that play

Old
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
RockSlider

I just got home. Why is Reimer not in net? If they are not going to play him then why did they not trade him? He has been on the bench for about a week now and the team kicked him under the bus the last two games he played. If he does not get a game soon there is going to be too much rust in his game.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Pi

Quote:
It's totally legal...All you have to say after you bump the goalie is what Lucic said word to word . Haha.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:18 PM
R3g0rZ
I cry your pardon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSlider View Post
I just got home. Why is Reimer not in net? If they are not going to play him then why did they not trade him? He has been on the bench for about a week now and the team kicked him under the bus the last two games he played. If he does not get a game soon there is going to be too much rust in his game.
Reimer is not in net because he has zero confidence, and Gus has been playing well lately.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

franson and brown not coming back

wow, the injuries start to pile up

Old
03-07-2012, 08:19 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
He's on the bench because he deserves it. Gus played better than him for a while.
He got tons of starts he didn't deserve after January. Didn't show anything good. Time to sit a little bit.

I'm happy that for once,Gus is getting fair treatment.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Reimer's still only 24. He's had an off-year, probably at least a level of it from that concussion early in the season. No reason to give up on him yet for the future. But it's pretty clear Carlyle has decided that Gustavsson's the one to stay with good or bad. He's played pretty good so far, too. Reimer getting rusty is not going to be an issue cause I doubt he gets more than 1 or 2 games the rest of the way as long as we're mathematically alive.

That's my guess, anyway.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Honestly, use your brain for one second, seriously, just think about the bigger picture, how trades work, and how teams win games for one second then come back and post that again

Why is Reimer not in net?? Does a teams 2nd best goalie ever play the most important games of the season.... cause right now, Gus is our best goalie

Why did Reimer not get traded?? Ya lets trade our sophmore 23 year old goalie who is going through the exact same thing our current no 1 went through last year

Too much rust in his game?? He is a pro. Wilson had no problem handing him 5 starts in a row after a concussion, I think he can handle this.

Old
The Kessel Run

Reimer isn't looking like he'll contribute much down the stretch, but I have confidence that he can bounce back this off-season.

Old
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
It's totally legal...All you have to say after you bump the goalie is what Lucic said word to word . Haha.
Lucic got a penalty on the play. A minor. The big fuss was that he wasn't suspended for it.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:

Trade him to who.....i do not for a minute believe that Burke got an offer for him at all....he did what he should have did and tried to instill a little confidence in him.

If he truly got an offer it would have been for a 6th round pick or some scrub player.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Incidental contact is legal. You're still not allowed to purposely (which includes not getting out of the way when you have the chance) run into a goalie.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Bob Mac said the possibility could be, Frankie Allaire may have told Carlyle that Reimer is shaky right now and Gus may give the team the best chance to win. As you have stated you just got home so have not watched the game, but Gus has played very good. I wanted Reimer to start personally, game would most likely be 3/4-1 for Pitt. I want the tank and a top 5 pick, and I think Reims could single handedly achieve that.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Honestly, use your brain for one second, seriously, just think about the bigger picture, how trades work, and how teams win games for one second then come back and post that again

Why is Reimer not in net?? Does a teams 2nd best goalie ever play the most important games of the season.... cause right now, Gus is our best goalie

Why did Reimer not get traded?? Ya lets trade our sophmore 23 year old goalie who is going through the exact same thing our current no 1 went through last year

Too much rust in his game?? He is a pro. Wilson had no problem handing him 5 starts in a row after a concussion, I think he can handle this.
Chill man. Why is everyone so angry around here today?

Old
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

good game so far, keep it up

Old
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Chill man. Why is everyone so angry around here today?
Why'd you qualify it with "today"?

Closed Thread