HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Playoff Push Ticket Offer

Old
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Playoff Push Ticket Offer

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=623029

I don't get it. You purchase a ticket for one of the 4 remaining home games, and you get 1 ticket to either the 1st or 2nd playoff game at home, depending on the game you purchase a ticket for. $75 tickets for a regular season and a playoff game.

500 tickets for each home game are being made available. That's $37,500 per game, or $150,000 total for all 4 games if they sell out.

I don't really understand how they are able to do this? I forget how much playoff tickets cost last year, but it just seems like they would be losing money. But then again, if they don't even make the playoffs, they are making a little extra by getting people into the stands for these last few games at home. I do wish that the rest of the home games were sellouts though, because of our position in the west and trying to make the playoffs.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
They did something similar last year but I think it was buy 3 games get a playoff game for free or discounted. All the games were sold at the season ticket rate so I expected to see something similar this year.

Rebranded Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
kihekah19

That release read a little odd. Initially it appeared as though the buyer would need to purchase tickets. to four out of the five remaining (in order to receive the playoff tickets) but upon reading further that did not appear to be the case at all.

The former scenario makes sense, in that they would clear $30.00 per game (over sth pricing), which would allow for $120.00 profit over sth pricing... deduct $85.00 (rumored price for first round) and they realize a $35.00 profit over gate pricing on the playoff game... not to mention getting butts in the seats for the final games.

The latter scenario is foolish at best.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
johnthegod
cool story bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=623029

I don't get it. You purchase a ticket for one of the 4 remaining home games, and you get 1 ticket to either the 1st or 2nd playoff game at home, depending on the game you purchase a ticket for. $75 tickets for a regular season and a playoff game.

500 tickets for each home game are being made available. That's $37,500 per game, or $150,000 total for all 4 games if they sell out.

I don't really understand how they are able to do this? I forget how much playoff tickets cost last year, but it just seems like they would be losing money. But then again, if they don't even make the playoffs, they are making a little extra by getting people into the stands for these last few games at home. I do wish that the rest of the home games were sellouts though, because of our position in the west and trying to make the playoffs.

so its one game of the four. the first sentence should have read, 'ONE of the four out of five remaining home games.' so the wording is kind of misleading, but verified with my sth dude rich. also the coyotes nhl page directs you to a better explanation of the deal. it may not be necessarily a money maker but they may just be concerned with making sure the yotes actually make it in, which would be a huge economic boost for the arena/westgate and overshadow the money they lose on 500 tickets

johnthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

That looks Kosher to me. Be one of the first 500 to buy a ticket NOW to one of the remaining (select) home games at regular price and receive a FREE ticket to a first round playoff game. Really, thats just 250 people as everyone buys in pairs, some buying more unless limited.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote