Notices

Bartschi

Old
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhawk1 View Post
I am a Winterhawks season ticket holder, so personally I am pissed that you guys called him up because we had the Memorial Cup dead in our sites and that dream fled with Bartschi to Calgary. But I am happy for Sven. since you guys don't seem to have much Intel on him, just let me say that this kid is the real deal. He is magic with the puck, has great instincts, and mad shooting skills. He can put the puck wherever he wants, and his passing skills are as good as his shooting skills. Trust me, he will be an instant contributor if they give him playing time. The bottom line is, Portland's loss is Calgary's gain. Enjoy!
Don't worry we will only have him for a week or two we can't keep him any longer than that with out going over the contract limit. If anything this will give him some extra motivation when he gets sent back down so he can prove he deserves to be here. Also thanks for the insight I have only seem him twice this year and that is what I saw too.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
reporob

vCash: 500
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I'm going to just come out and say it; if we we're the Leafs, this would be front page TSN news. This is a once in a blue moon type of situation, and Baertschi is arguably the best player in the WHL.
i am a winterhawks fan and you guys are in for a real treat.im sure he will not disappoint you fansbut please send him back so pdx can take care of business then he is all yours

reporob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reporob View Post
i am a winterhawks fan and you guys are in for a real treat.im sure he will not disappoint you fansbut please send him back so pdx can take care of business then he is all yours
It's all in the plan my friend.

Sven Bartschi will play Friday and Sunday for the Calgary Flames while recording a goal and two assists before returning to Portland for their remaining three games and in doing so will hit the 50 Game marker and record his 100th point to finish off the season..A memorial cup will soon follow, when Sven is named MVP.

It will obviously happen.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

Sven Bartschi will play Friday and Sunday for the Calgary Flames while recording a goal and two assists before returning to Portland for their remaining three games and in doing so will hit the 50 Game marker and record his 100th point to finish off the season..A memorial cup will soon follow, when Sven is named MVP.

I'm going to save this post and pray that in a little while I'll be able to pull it out and say give me the lotto numbers since your a seer.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Although slightly different circumstances, this eerily reminds me of when Jarome played his first game in Calgary. Kamloops was eliminated from the playoffs early so Iggy was able to come and play for the Flames. Iggy's first game as a Flame was in the playoffs game against the Hawks and he scored, I'll never forget it. Even though the Flames were swept in that series, I think the city was very excited about what kind of player they knew they had in Jarome.

While Sven isn't going to be playing in a playoff game, he is going to give this city a taste of what he is all about and a glimpse of the future. He also has the chance to give us fans something to be excited about when we are continously being told the future for the Flames is grim. I can't wait for the tomorrow's game!!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Although slightly different circumstances, this eerily reminds me of when Jarome played his first game in Calgary. Kamloops was eliminated from the playoffs early so Iggy was able to come and play for the Flames. Iggy's first game as a Flame was in the playoffs game against the Hawks and he scored, I'll never forget it. Even though the Flames were swept in that series, I think the city was very excited about what kind of player they knew they had in Jarome.

While Sven isn't going to be playing in a playoff game, he is going to give this city a taste of what he is all about and a glimpse of the future. He also has the chance to give us fans something to be excited about when we are continously being told the future for the Flames is grim. I can't wait for the tomorrow's game!!
Putting Iginla on a line with Fleury and... someone else (Titov?) certainly helped him get that first marker.

I'd love to see Bart on a line with Iginla and Jokinen, even for a couple of shifts, just to see...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Putting Iginla on a line with Fleury and... someone else (Titov?) certainly helped him get that first marker.

I'd love to see Bart on a line with Iginla and Jokinen, even for a couple of shifts, just to see...
Thing that always stick out in my mind was at the draft Feaster was extremely happy to point out that Sven can play any forward position. There are two lines I'd love to see him with. Iggy-Tangs, or Glenner-Joker. With Iggy and Tanguay, if he's not good enough for faceoffs, Iggy can just take them.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:40 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:

That would be a solid line and possibly a line of next year..

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:41 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
I am a Winterhawks season ticket holder, so personally I am pissed that you guys called him up because we had the Memorial Cup dead in our sites and that dream fled with Bartschi to Calgary. But I am happy for Sven. since you guys don't seem to have much Intel on him, just let me say that this kid is the real deal. He is magic with the puck, has great instincts, and mad shooting skills. He can put the puck wherever he wants, and his passing skills are as good as his shooting skills. Trust me, he will be an instant contributor if they give him playing time. The bottom line is, Portland's loss is Calgary's gain. Enjoy!
Nice to hear! Don't worry, he'll be back in the dub soon enough, regardless of how well he plays in his call-up.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Devilspuppet666

So wait bartschi can play LW-C-RW?? i did not know that.... learn something new everyday

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:12 AM
mjw22

All I ask is that he doesn't catch the prospect jinx the Sutters inflict on players. lol

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartschi View Post
So wait bartschi can play LW-C-RW?? i did not know that.... learn something new everyday
Heck, he can even play G. Watch out, Kipper.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

Can you please tell me where I will be in life in 5 years?

I hope he does what you said. There is a good chance, especially the WHL scenarios.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:

I keep saying to slide Tanguay over to centre between Sven and Iggy - I think that would be a helluva line. The way Iggy has been playing lately Sven will get lots of chances to show his stuff.
That keeps the OMG line together and puts Stajan back down on the bottom 6 to help all the newbies down there.

It will be a crime if Sven doesn't get some time on the top 2 lines. We all want to see what he can do with offensive players, not scrubs.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
I keep saying to slide Tanguay over to centre between Sven and Iggy - I think that would be a helluva line. The way Iggy has been playing lately Sven will get lots of chances to show his stuff.
That keeps the OMG line together and puts Stajan back down on the bottom 6 to help all the newbies down there.

It will be a crime if Sven doesn't get some time on the top 2 lines. We all want to see what he can do with offensive players, not scrubs.
I believe he was used as center earlier in the season and he really wasn't that good.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Sven can't play more than 9 games for the Flames, so you have nothing to worry about.

Also Portland's Memorial Cup hopes will be dashed by the Ice when Reinhart leads them to a WHL Championship for the 2nd straight year. Sven is our future star (I hope) but Reinhart is our future playoff hero (I hope).

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:

While I would like to see him get some time in the top 6 with high-level offensive talent, you have to remember, he's been playing in the WHL with kids. Kosto and Nemisz are both better offensively than the vast majority of WHL players (perhaps not Rattie, but nevertheless). I'd prefer to see him rock out with Iggy and Tangs, but I don't think it will be a crime against humanity if he gets softer competition with some less skilled guys.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
While I would like to see him get some time in the top 6 with high-level offensive talent, you have to remember, he's been playing in the WHL with kids. Kosto and Nemisz are both better offensively than the vast majority of WHL players (perhaps not Rattie, but nevertheless). I'd prefer to see him rock out with Iggy and Tangs, but I don't think it will be a crime against humanity if he gets softer competition with some less skilled guys.
He's also played against men as a 16 year old. I just don't know if I want to see him sheltered. Maybe to start, but if he is rolling and showing confidence, the higher ups (and us fans) need to see what he is capable of.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
I believe he was used as center earlier in the season and he really wasn't that good.
That was also because Iggy wasn't very good then. His line always goes as he does, and he has been hot lately.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post

I don't know if Iggy was actually on the top line though.....I know Fleury played some C, but that would be the only way Iggy got on the top line.
His first year I'm pretty sure he was on the third line, no?

Old
03-09-2012, 02:12 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Good for the flames to finally have a blue chip prospect to feel excited about. You guys have had it bad in respect to prospects but it looks a lil better now. Hope he does well

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
I don't know if Iggy was actually on the top line though.....I know Fleury played some C, but that would be the only way Iggy got on the top line.
His first year I'm pretty sure he was on the third line, no?
First full season, he was on the 2nd line, with Hoglund and Gagne. That playoffs though, he was used with Fleury and Titov on the PP.

Also...

Last edited by Stewie Griffin: 03-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs91 View Post
Good for the flames to finally have a blue chip prospect to feel excited about. You guys have had it bad in respect to prospects but it looks a lil better now. Hope he does well
Thanks! Hey, you wanna convince your GM to trade O'Reilly to Calgary?

Old
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

was looking at the WHL leading scorers, and noticed that ex-flame prospect Patrick Holland is 1 assist away from 80 assists for the year. geez, that's a lot of assists for a guy who's supposed to be more of a jack-of-all-trades type.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
was looking at the WHL leading scorers, and noticed that ex-flame prospect Patrick Holland is 1 assist away from 80 assists for the year. geez, that's a lot of assists for a guy who's supposed to be more of a jack-of-all-trades type.
Holland is also playing on a line with 2 overage players that are dominating

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote