HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Brad Richards need to redeem himself? (All Richards discussion)

Old
05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Funny how after one game this thread is pounded with all those who knew for certain since the signing Richards would lead us to huge things in the playoffs, then one game later...nothing. Crickets.

Not saying Richards was the problem last night...but he wasn't the solution either. Hoping for a huge game seven, because otherwise his goal in game five won't be remembered the same way.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:38 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Tell some of the other incompetent ranger forwards to keep there sticks down on the ice when near the case and Richards will have more of an impact. He should have had 3 or 4 assists last night if our forwards knew how to run an offense that didn't involve working behind the net.

So sick of this one man army attitude. Do people want Richards to make the pass and go and get his own pass and score. He needs help.

05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
wow, now the guy has done it all this postseason...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2_*****.jpg‎ (83.5 KB, 24 views)

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Funny how after one game this thread is pounded with all those who knew for certain since the signing Richards would lead us to huge things in the playoffs, then one game later...nothing. Crickets.

Not saying Richards was the problem last night...but he wasn't the solution either. Hoping for a huge game seven, because otherwise his goal in game five won't be remembered the same way.
And he did exactly that.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
wow, now the guy has done it all this postseason...
WOW, I had no idea Richie had a tummy ache. The man is a gamer.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:01 PM
BrandNewDream

Slightly OT, but I have a question about Richards' contract. How is it that his signing bonuses do not count as a part of his cap hit? Maybe someone better versed in the ways of the CBA (like RangerBoy) could help?

From my understanding, it was that all bonuses are included, whether it be signing, performance, etc. An example would be the Dany Heatley bonus he was due on July 1, 2009 prior to his trade to the Sharks, and he blocked the trade until after that date because he wanted Eugene Melnyk to pay that $4m. How are the payments that Richards is due ($10mm this year, $8mm next, then $2, $2, $2, $4) different?

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Slightly OT, but I have a question about Richards' contract. How is it that his signing bonuses do not count as a part of his cap hit? Maybe someone better versed in the ways of the CBA (like RangerBoy) could help?

From my understanding, it was that all bonuses are included, whether it be signing, performance, etc. An example would be the Dany Heatley bonus he was due on July 1, 2009 prior to his trade to the Sharks, and he blocked the trade until after that date because he wanted Eugene Melnyk to pay that $4m. How are the payments that Richards is due ($10mm this year, $8mm next, then $2, $2, $2, $4) different?
They absolutely count against the cap. I think maybe the point your confused on is that his $12 million salary is inclusive of his signing bonus. It's not $12 million + $10 million.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 03:08 PM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
They absolutely count against the cap. I think maybe the point your confused on is that his $12 million salary is inclusive of his signing bonus. It's not $12 million + $10 million.
Then perhaps my mistake was reading a report out of Canada (wish I could find where it was) that stated the total contract compensation was $88m and that those payments didn't count, and taking it for its word.

I suppose I understand that cap even better than the media!

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Then perhaps my mistake was reading a report out of Canada (wish I could find where it was) that stated the total contract compensation was $88m and that those payments didn't count, and taking it for its word.

I suppose I understand that cap even better than the media!
Canadians....

(before anyone takes offense, I'm Canadian)

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Jersey Girl

Paging Broadway Brad...I like that!!!

Listen, if Richards does nothing else this series and the Rangers flame out, I'll still say he did a really good job for us in the playoffs, and during the season as a whole.

That said, I'd like Richards to move himself beyond 'really good' and move toward championship level performance. The team needs him (and his linemates) NOW! Make it happen, Brad!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:29 AM
NewYorkRangers89*

It's that time again, we need you Richards big time. LGR!!

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:57 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
he almost made two game breaking plays. His hard wrister off the right side that Brodeur barely got a piece of, and his shot on the PP that Cally almost converted. he was better tonight.....but he also blew a coverage on the Carter GWG.......

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:08 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
he almost made two game breaking plays. His hard wrister off the right side that Brodeur barely got a piece of, and his shot on the PP that Cally almost converted. he was better tonight.....but he also blew a coverage on the Carter GWG.......
Don't forget his beautiful wrister on Lundqvist...

wait..

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Not going to get on Richards. He fits our team far more then Gaborik does imo.

He needs better people to play with.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:16 AM
corduroyg

Quote:

i expected him to bury that. we brought him here to score a goal in that situation, not to almost score a goal. if we're gonna win game 6 richards is gonna have to be messier-esque.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:20 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
i expected him to bury that. we brought him here to score a goal in that situation, not to almost score a goal. if we're gonna win game 6 richards is gonna have to be messier-esque.
oh i agree. He was brought in here to score on those chances. He needed to bury that one....especially against a washed up Fatso. I'm looking for someone to be Messier-esque next game. Oh aren't we all.....

Old
05-24-2012, 02:22 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Don't forget his beautiful wrister on Lundqvist...

wait..
he got a little confused......

Lundqvist looked good on that shot.....didn't get beat Glove Side on that one. His BEST SAVE of the night by far. Too bad it was on his OWN TEAMMATE...

Old
05-24-2012, 02:38 AM
NYRKING30

Please if Richards never signed here we aren't this deep in the playoffs and we also do not finish 1st in the east.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Please if Richards never signed here we aren't this deep in the playoffs and we also do not finish 1st in the east.
agreed.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:42 AM
evilllempire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
NOBODY is criticizing Richards here......

EVERYONE wants him here.......

not sure where you are getting your conclusions.......

And I'm the FIRST to criticize our players when they are deserving.......

Old
05-24-2012, 03:00 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

time for Brad to earn his bucks in Game 6. Expecting a big performance from him next game. They are going to need him to take it to another level Friday if they expect to go to home and play another game.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Hagelin blew the coverage on the GWG,not Richards

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Hagelin blew the coverage on the GWG,not Richards
No, it was Richards. Hagelin was put into an awkward spot.

Richards decided to join the scrum below the goal line while two of our Dmen were converging on the puck. Its Richards responsibility to cover the front of the net in that scenario.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Melnyk didn't like the idea of paying Heatley $4M of his salary that season when was going to play for another team. Ottawa wanted to trade him before the $4M signing bonus was due on July 1 that year. Heatley rejected the trade to Edmonton after he requested a trade.

Melnyk filed a grievance over the $4M. San Jose will be responsible for paying the $4M back to Ottawa if Melnyk wins the grievance.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/01/28/...ley-bonus-back

The signing bonus is upfront money. Richards is getting $20M of the $60M in the first year. $8M of the $12M salary for 12-13 is in the form of a signing bonus. He got $12M this season. $10M signing bonus and $2M in salary. $4M in salary next season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
No, it was Richards. Hagelin was put into an awkward spot.

Richards decided to join the scrum below the goal line while two of our Dmen were converging on the puck. Its Richards responsibility to cover the front of the net in that scenario.
Richards joined the scrum below the goal line because there was 3 Devils there.it was Hagelins job to cover for him,he didnt.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote