HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Dynamic Duo - Kess-man and Lup-in

Old
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Dynamic Duo - Kess-man and Lup-in

Now that Lupul's season is done I thought now would be a good time to look back and how good these two were. Since by the end of the year Lupul will have fallen out of the scoring race for so many games missed.

Totals...
Goals.... 59
Assists.... 79
Points.... 138

I was wondering where this puts our Duo compared to the rest of the leagues big two.

Tbl - Stamkos/St. Louis
Pit - Malkin/Neal
Phi - Giroux/Hartnell
Van - Sedin/Sedin
Chi - Sharp/Toews

If someone knows of any other pairs, but there are the only ones in the top end of the scoing race this year.

Totals...

PIT 68/76/144
TBL 70/72/142
TOR 59/79/138
VAN 41/89/130
CHI 56/65/121
PHI 55/55/110

There's also Elias/Pariso with 120 pts as well, then we have a big drop off till the next closest pair. The leafs pair has been the 3rd most dangerous 1-2 punch in the league this year.

The pair has a big disadvantage to the other pairs, they're the only pair on this list with out on of the two being a C. By no coincidence, a good C gives more puck possession, more time in the offensive zone. Imagine what these two could do with a C.

They also are a lot smaller overall than the other pairs, besides MSL and Stammer. With a little size on that line that could push them to the next level.

----

A great end, and a good by to a great season by our Batman/Robin combo, which leaves the question, if they can get a big 1st line C next year, what will we call them then?

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I Believe

vCash: 500
The most bizarre part is that they're both wingers

I Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
I was going to post the same thing. Imagine what a quality centre with size, strength and speed can do for those two? From the time Lupul was acquired to now, I think it's safe to say we've seen enough between him and Kessel to say that there is definite chemistry there between the two. They were reliable offensive producers for the team regardless of who was playing in between them. Someone who could create some time and space for both guys, in theory, should help increase their offensive production while decreasing the goals against when they're on the ice.

HockeyCrazed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
I was going to post the same thing. Imagine what a quality centre with size, strength and speed can do for those two? From the time Lupul was acquired to now, I think it's safe to say we've seen enough between him and Kessel to say that there is definite chemistry there between the two. They were reliable offensive producers for the team regardless of who was playing in between them. Someone who could create some time and space for both guys, in theory, should help increase their offensive production while decreasing the goals against when they're on the ice.
Kesler?

TMLKesselftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
dougieg93
flip for filip

I still hold hope for Carlyle to develop Kessel much like how Brett Hull developed under Bowman.

dougieg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
Does that make them both sidekicks? Or are they both the hero?

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:43 AM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
Kesler?
Can you imagine how much more the Leafs commentators would mess up the players names if they had to call Kesler and Kessel on the same line?

HockeyCrazed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:43 AM
SarcazemKadri

I can't imagine a Getzlaf or Staal between them...

Just dreaming here but wow.

SarcazemKadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Can you imagine how much more the Leafs commentators would mess up the players names if they had to call Kesler and Kessel on the same line?
Leafs should go ahead and get Klesla and convert him to wing and form a dynamic trio.

The Blue Devil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Did Mats ever play on the PP with the Sedins? That must have really been something....Sedin to Sundin over to Sedin....Sedin looks around....sees Sedin in the slot....Sedin shoots....Sundin with the rebound...Sedin again....

To the OP...I can't help but think you ripped off my idea of the dynamic duo. It really fits Burke/Wilson so much better. Burke is Batman the Superhero fighting off the villians (media, naysayers, opposition) from Gotham City (Toronto) with his sidekick BFF, Robin (Wilson) who is always getting into trouble where Batman has to rescue him. Perfect. Thus my avatar. That is until Batman had to kill Robin. It was a sad day in Gotham City.

Last edited by hockeyfanz: 03-08-2012 at 01:13 PM.
hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote