HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 67: Kings at Blue Jackets, 3/8, 7 p.m. EST, FSOhio | CBJMFJ

Old
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
Kings fan coming in peace -- VERY nice job on the movie poster!

HansH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
blahblah

Taking my nephew to his first hockey game. He better enjoy it or he's out of my will...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I hate the Kings almost as much as I hate the State of Arizona. And I especially hate that I have to hope those SOBs make the playoffs just to get a first round draft pick this year. I'm pretty sure Howson did that just to screw with me personally.

Either way, the Jackets better win tonight.
Hahaha... lot of hate there, no hatin on my favorite marsupial, I'll be watching to see if he gets beat every time he touches the puck or slapped around by the coach for making mistakes..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

GDT is a beauty, guys; good job

I also thought this was awesome/hilarious:

@BlueJacketsNHL: TONIGHT! Bring your Carter jersey to team store by end of 1st prd, we’ll change name JJohnson for FREE!

Very very happy JJ is working out so well for you guys!

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
MU Jacktets*

Fans blame management/players for "the culture of losing" and the "country club atmosphere" in Columbus but we only contribute to that culture. I'm not buying into the fail for nail philosophy or wanting to lose so the Kings make the playoffs and we get our conditional first round pick.

Yes, the rest of the games this season are meaningless with respect to the standings. But for those who are hoping to lose and stay behind edmonton in the standings you are no better than Howson or Priest. The foundation and attitude for next season is being laid right now. Hell, I would rather go undefeated for the remainder of the year, than finish last and have a 48% chance of the first pick!

Soo GO JACKETS

MU Jacktets* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Very very happy JJ is working out so well for you guys!
Early returns are looking positive, but it's going to be a long night.

Old
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU Jacktets View Post
Fans blame management/players for "the culture of losing" and the "country club atmosphere" in Columbus but we only contribute to that culture. I'm not buying into the fail for nail philosophy or wanting to lose so the Kings make the playoffs and we get our conditional first round pick.

Yes, the rest of the games this season are meaningless with respect to the standings. But for those who are hoping to lose and stay behind edmonton in the standings you are no better than Howson or Priest. The foundation and attitude for next season is being laid right now. Hell, I would rather go undefeated for the remainder of the year, than finish last and have a 48% chance of the first pick!

Soo GO JACKETS
This rant was a bit more effective in 2006. I know, I've either read it or said it myself. Well maybe not quite to this level - never said we contributed to the culture. My attitude is, play well until the end of the season and hopefully the other teams ahead of play just well enough to keep us in 30th.

Now if our attitude actually impacted the team in a meaningful way, I would say we actually contributed to the culture. Since we don't, the best I can say is that I don't like my team to lose.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
MU Jacktets*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
This rant was a bit more effective in 2006. I know, I've either read it or said it myself. Well maybe not quite to this level - never said we contributed to the culture. My attitude is, play well until the end of the season and hopefully the other teams ahead of play just well enough to keep us in 30th.

Now if our attitude actually impacted the team in a meaningful way, I would say we actually contributed to the culture. Since we don't, the best I can say is that I don't like my team to lose.
Agreed. I should have posted it in the Draft thread because thats where everyone is talking about how much they lose. But I was mostly just frustrated with the people who get mad at the Blue Jackets for winning games like these. Gotta start winning somewhere!

MU Jacktets* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Agreed. I should have posted it in the Draft thread because thats where everyone is talking about how much they lose. But I was mostly just frustrated with the people who get mad at the Blue Jackets for winning games like these. Gotta start winning somewhere!
Welcome aboard and keep the posts coming. The long season and many years of losing have worn on a few of our posters.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
JacketFanInFL

LOL

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Speedy Sanderson

I don't plan to boo Carter tonight - he was indifferent and aloof toward Columbus, so I'm going to be indifferent toward him. Plus, we got Jack Johnson out of the deal, who I think could one day where the C on his sweater assuming Rick leaves.

The other night I clapped for Vermette as he seemed like a good guy and had classy things to say about the city when he got traded. Speaking of Vermy, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Coyotes and whether they can find an owner who keeps them in the desert. If they don't, Vermy could find himself playing on a team back in his home province of Quebec.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:33 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
LOL

Quantities limited? Does that mean the number that they will do or an admission that there weren't many Carter jersey's out there?

Old
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
LOL

A few plates read JMFJ....

Old
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
EspenK

Can't see many small Johnson sweaters being sold

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Taking my nephew to his first hockey game. He better enjoy it or he's out of my will...

With all the inherent drama, I think I will wait till later to go to the gym so I can watch this one when I go

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:09 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post

With all the inherent drama, I think I will wait till later to go to the gym so I can watch this one when I go
So you can use your anger and frustration to power your workout?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

piss off

Quote:

Soo GO JACKETS
You only get so many chances to get really great players- you prolly don't remember Pittsburgh & Washington tanking for the likes of Crosby Ovechkin and Malkin. I'd cut off your frickin thumb for one of the three of them, let alone tank a cupla meaningless games.

Pittsburgh has suffered from tanking ever since eh?

Last edited by LetsGOJackets!!: 03-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
db2011

Quote:

Soo GO JACKETS
I know this got addressed already and you responded, but I want to comment on it as well, because I get annoyed by the same things you're talking about. "Fail for Nail" never appealed to me, and I generally think tanking for a high pick is fool's gold.

In this case it seems to be different, as Yakupov to hear everyone tell it is legit, and NHL ready for next season. Also, it's late enough in the season and we've been the worst for long enough that it has seemed we have the best shot at landing the #1... if we miss out on that at this point, that'll be frustrating.

Arace's recent column contains relevant passages:

"In April 2006, after Gallant’s team closed with nine victories in 13 games, Gallant said: “I think we proved ourselves as a team. We never quit.” The Jackets were looking for a new coach by the following Thanksgiving.
In April 2007, Ken Hitchcock said: “The team took a lot of injuries and seemed to get better. I don’t know why, but the team started to improve dramatically. We didn’t go quietly into the night.”
In 2008, Hitch missed the playoffs for the first time while coaching a team for an entire season. It took him another year to drag the Jackets into the postseason."

(from http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...led-again.html )

Anyway, about this game tonight: Go Jackets!

And, awesome GDT!!! I can't wait to see that movie! Got Oscar written all over it.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Working on my NEON GREEN sign!

FIRE HOWSON
FIRE PRIEST
FIRE MACFARLAND

GO JACKETS

...who do you think is the aggressor in the hotel bedroom, Carter or Richards?

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Dednimnepo
Winning is the Fun

Every loss effects losers. They become comfortable with the idea that the results of there actions do not matter. For this reason alone I want the CBJ to win every point. The NHL has an odd set of rules where if you don't win enough points, it is best to win the least points. So, at this point in the season, I want to win every point except that last point that places us 29th.

GO JACKETS

Dednimnepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
So you can use your anger and frustration to power your workout?
Haha nope I don't have tv, and I can't remember the last time I watched the Jackets... probably November or so? So I will at least attempt to watch this time

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
BlueJacket2

Wish I could be down at the game tonight. Work super early as usual. I hope I can atleast make it halfway through.

BlueJacket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
Working on my NEON GREEN sign!

FIRE HOWSON
FIRE PRIEST
FIRE MACFARLAND

GO JACKETS

...who do you think is the aggressor in the hotel bedroom, Carter or Richards?

Old
03-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post
Every loss effects losers. They become comfortable with the idea that the results of there actions do not matter. For this reason alone I want the CBJ to win every point. The NHL has an odd set of rules where if you don't win enough points, it is best to win the least points. So, at this point in the season, I want to win every point except that last point that places us 29th.

GO JACKETS
No problem here, after the CBJ are close to being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs they do nothing but win~the only difference season to season is the top ten draft pick number....

Old
03-08-2012, 05:36 PM
CBJMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post

GO JACKETS
I happen to completely agree with your philosophy.

CBJMark is offline   Reply With Quote