HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Old
04-22-2012, 10:09 AM
chasespace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Let me remind you that Tampa needs goalie in the worth way possible and Kings have no reason to trade him without overpayment.
You do realize Tampa has other option in acquiring a goalie. If it's overpayment Yzerman looks elsewhere.

Kings also need scoring help badly so I don't see how we would be the only ones with a vice grip on our balls.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Anybody here have a first born son they'd be willing to trade for Quick instead?

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:34 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
You do realize Tampa has other option in acquiring a goalie. If it's overpayment Yzerman looks elsewhere.

Kings also need scoring help badly so I don't see how we would be the only ones with a vice grip on our balls.
I agree with you it is overpayment and Yzerman might need to look elsewhere.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
Anybody here have a first born son they'd be willing to trade for Quick instead?
I'll go barhopping tonight and get to work. FOR THE TEAM!

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:29 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
replace the 37th with 1-2 depth guys like Labrie and Tyrell or with Bergeron and you have a deal - something like that:
TB: rights to Harding and 7th overall pick
Minn: 10th overall, 4th round pick, Bergeron or {Tyrell and Labrie}
I would love to throw some players we don't need in Tyrell/Labrie/MAB instead of the 2nd but I don't see Minn going for that. To move up from the 10th to the 7th gonna cost a 2nd, maybe we can make it Philly 2nd + any of the 3 players mentioned and Minn sends a 5th.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes
But I think TB will sign Harding or Vokoun for let's say 3-4year deal enough to develop the G prospects, and in the meantime get us a chance to win
You hand out a 'show-me' contract to Harding and Vokoun, not a multiyear deal.

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We can also try to deal with Minn 10th + 37th + 4th for 7th UFA rights to Harding.
If you want to move up 3 spots, just offer MIN their 2nd back in addition to the 10th and see if they bite.

No need to throw in an extra pick for Harding's UFA rights. If Yzerman trades for a goalie at the draft, it won't be a pending UFA.

Last edited by nhljohnson: 04-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 04:17 PM
TBLHoser

Whatever became of Viktor Fasth?...Last I heard he was considering joining the Ducks.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyankees47 View Post
I know you guys want Schneider badly and Canucks fans want to get rid of Luongo.

But let's all be realistic about this.....

At this point, Vancouver is almost certain to go with Cory for the future. It just makes too much sense given the age difference between the two goalies and how toxic and polarizing Luongo has become to the fans in Vancouver.

Vancouver will then try to trade Luongo. Yzerman is probably not the type of GM willing to take on that kind of contract.

Hence, he'll try and work out a deal for a goalie like Bernier instead and probably succeed.

Luongo, meanwhile, will probably end up a Leaf in exchange for draft picks/prospects as well as a bad contract like Komisarek (which they'll then bury in the minors). This makes the most sense. Nonis has a history with Luongo and Burke is desperate to make the playoffs in order to save his job, bad contract be damned.
Yes, but is Burke dumb enough?....yeah probably....

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:16 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Whatever became of Viktor Fasth?...Last I heard he was considering joining the Ducks.
That's the last I heard as well.

Joacim Eriksson is available though, put up better numbers in 13 less games than Fasth. Played amazing in the playoffs as well.
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9784

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

at the fans of other teams demanding the moon for their unproven players. Give me a break.

Youll get what Yzerman is willing to give, which wont be close to what you have asked for, or obviously there isnt going to be a deal made.

The funny thing is, Schneider, Bernier, etc, will almost assuredly be available on the UFA market within a few years for nothing. Salary cap sucks

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
jj1944*

How do you figure Bernier or Schneider will be available in a few years. I don't see that happening. The Canucks will probably resign Schneider and whatever team trades for Bernier will probably sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract when he hits RFA

jj1944* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:58 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1944 View Post
How do you figure Bernier or Schneider will be available in a few years. I don't see that happening. The Canucks will probably resign Schneider and whatever team trades for Bernier will probably sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract when he hits RFA
Schneider isnt going to sign long term unless Luongo is gone. No way he makes that commitment to the team without the team making the same to him. He wants to be the bonafide number 1. If he doesnt get traded this offseason I would expect him to sign a one year deal with them, and if Luongo isnt moved by next years UFA period, he becomes a UFA and can go where he wants.

Bernier, will probably be traded, but not for the amount that Kings fans are under the delusion of. And then he will have a chance to prove his own. But if the Kings do keep him, its the same situation as Schneider, just a year or two behind.

Both have number 1s entrenched in their teams starting role for one reason or another, and will be backups for those teams unless something insane happens. They want to be starters, they go somewhere else.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:53 PM
jj1944*

ya, the Canucks number one is entrenched, right on the bench. He's as good as gone from the team. You can tell when he finally talked to the media, he knows he's finished. They'll trade him and probably have to take a salary dump back

jj1944* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
BoltSTH

Ohlund will be lucky to walk without limping from his surgery; no way he plays in the NHL again. If Vancouver took Ohlund as part of a Luongo trade it may work.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
You hand out a 'show-me' contract to Harding and Vokoun, not a multiyear deal.
Not with 30 teams in the league, and 55 goalies to go between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Ohlund will be lucky to walk without limping from his surgery; no way he plays in the NHL again. If Vancouver took Ohlund as part of a Luongo trade it may work.
What's yer' sauce?

I kind of think the league would take offense to a functionally retired player being traded. (see Olaf Kolzig to Toronto)

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:44 PM
clyankees47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Schneider isnt going to sign long term unless Luongo is gone. No way he makes that commitment to the team without the team making the same to him. He wants to be the bonafide number 1. If he doesnt get traded this offseason I would expect him to sign a one year deal with them, and if Luongo isnt moved by next years UFA period, he becomes a UFA and can go where he wants.

Bernier, will probably be traded, but not for the amount that Kings fans are under the delusion of. And then he will have a chance to prove his own. But if the Kings do keep him, its the same situation as Schneider, just a year or two behind.

Both have number 1s entrenched in their teams starting role for one reason or another, and will be backups for those teams unless something insane happens. They want to be starters, they go somewhere else.
I think there's a lot of wishful thinking in your posts.

clyankees47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:34 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Not with 30 teams in the league, and 55 goalies to go between them.
The Lightning already have Garon under contract for next season. No need to overpay and overcommit (with 3 or 4 year deals) to Vokoun or Harding. The Lightning can offer something very few other teams can: the opportunity to start regularly as a #1.

Quote:
kind of think the league would take offense to a functionally retired player being traded. (see Olaf Kolzig to Toronto)
As I recall, the controversy over the trade was centered on the perception that Toronto had essentially 'bought' the Lightning's 4th-round draft pick by absorbing Kolzig's remaining salary and Kolzig's injured status really wasn't a point of contention in and of itself.

By 'the league', do you mean other GMs or the commissioner and central offices?

'Functionally retired' isn't retired. The CBA may have provisions that prohibit the Lightning from moving Ohlund due to his particular status but I doubt it. And, if not, I doubt the powers that be will meddle.

Off the top of my head I'd venture that, if a player on IR cannot be traded then perhaps he can be activated without any intent of playing him and instead to complete a trade and so long as the team receiving him waives (assuming they can do so) or rubber stamps a physical, the deal is kosher.

Last edited by nhljohnson: 04-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 09:58 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Tough to play much better in a losing effort than Schneider just did. He's going to make some team very happy for many years (even if it's Vancouver).

I think I could live with an overpayment, but I'll bet even that's off the table by now. But seriously, WOW

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Well, do the results of tonight change anything?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Tough to play much better in a losing effort than Schneider just did. He's going to make some team very happy for many years (even if it's Vancouver).

I think I could live with an overpayment, but I'll bet even that's off the table by now. But seriously, WOW
Have faith. Vancouver will be Yzermaned.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:17 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Incredible play. Doesn't fix the busted D Vancouver was playing but still, damn.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 570
I... would give a lot for Schneider.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
LGB 26

Can we get a new goalie coach?

LGB 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
Well, do the results of tonight change anything?
Hopefully it means they no longer want Schneider and are willing to trade him for MAB and part of Vinnys cap hit for the remainder of his career.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote