HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Old
04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
tralsal12

vCash: 500
I am seeing all these upper tier players from TB being sought for Luongo, I only viewed getting him for a 3rd round pick only so the Canucks could unload that contract??? There is no way in h&ll TB is going to give a boatload of stars for what is veiwed as a salary dump...eventhough he is an elite goalie at 33 years of age!! Maybe throw in a second, but there is that contract??!!

Last edited by tralsal12: 04-30-2012 at 06:56 PM.
tralsal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Yeah, I've already stopped reading the Trade board. Vancouver fans are ****ing delusional.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Yeah, I've already stopped reading the Trade board. Vancouver fans are ****ing delusional.
I am not expecting any high end players but loved to be proved wrong. Depends on Luongo's list and how much teams want him. I think a 2nd a decent prospect and or player and perhaps a mild salary dump- though I really don't know but I'm not going to tell you we'll get Hedman, Connolly or your 10th. Just don't se that happening. The win for Vancouver comes freeing up salary to resign Schneider and others.

Rocky- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
IdealisticSniper

Ive still got my money on Schneider still being the one traded. Makes the most sense.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:38 AM
tralsal12

I saw on another TB Thread that someone read an article out of Boston that the Bruins would part with Tim Thomas for a 2nd round pick?? If this true, I would do that deal as a stopgap while looking for young, good goaltending in the future!! His contract is reasonable too!!

tralsal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Unfortunately, when it comes to trade proposals by fans, delusional is rampant. Remember the old Kaberle threads? And how many teams has he been on since? Bottom line is none of us are qualified to rate any players abilities as much as we'd like to think so...that goes for their value also.

Reality is Vancouver really doesn't have a lot of leverage so they'll have to take the best offer or get saddled with two sizable contracts when they could use the money to upgrade during free agency. This is a business first and they're not stupid.....they know they have to deal one of them.

We have other options and I don't see SY spending more than $4M on a goaltender or one with a long term contract. NOW, if the CBA changes......

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Shane Churla
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Unfortunately, when it comes to trade proposals by fans, delusional is rampant. Remember the old Kaberle threads? And how many teams has he been on since? Bottom line is none of us are qualified to rate any players abilities as much as we'd like to think so...that goes for their value also.

Reality is Vancouver really doesn't have a lot of leverage so they'll have to take the best offer or get saddled with two sizable contracts when they could use the money to upgrade during free agency. This is a business first and they're not stupid.....they know they have to deal one of them.

We have other options and I don't see SY spending more than $4M on a goaltender or one with a long term contract. NOW, if the CBA changes......
I'm not the biggest Luongo fan but you can't tell me he isn't the best goalie option available for a team pursuing one this summer. If Tampa acquires him your team automatically makes the playoffs and quite possibly goes very deep next year.

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone

Shane Churla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Awful.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Churla View Post
I'm not the biggest Luongo fan but you can't tell me he isn't the best goalie option available for a team pursuing one this summer. If Tampa acquires him your team automatically makes the playoffs and quite possibly goes very deep next year.

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone
What would it take to get you to add Mason Raymond to your end? Maybe Stamkos+TB first?

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:08 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

IMO if Hedman, Malone, and connolly aren't in our lineup we don't make the playoffs either...

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone

Let me stop you right there...hes not. Cory Schneider is. Dont believe the hype. Hes still available.

And your trade proposal is quite possibly one of the worst I have seen. And thats damn impressive.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:57 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Yeah, that's pretty bad. I just don't understand what you people don't get that Hedman is NOT on the trading block.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
HoseEmDown

I wish we had garbage players and bad contracts that we can dump on other teams for their good players. You think we get Edler for MAB + a 3rd?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:49 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I wish we had garbage players and bad contracts that we can dump on other teams for their good players. You think we get Edler for MAB + a 3rd?
Ohlund is still under contract

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone
Throw in what ever you're smoking, and we'll have ourselves a deal!

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone
well hey man i got a good laugh so this post wasn't all that bad.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone
Wow...

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:

Luongo
Ballard
2nd 2012

Hedman
Connolly
Malone
Not bad. I'd rather have Dale Weise than a 2nd though, to replace Malone's size. Aside from that, it's an excellent proposal. Rarely does an offer this fair get posted on HFBoards.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:20 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Not bad. I'd rather have Dale Weise than a 2nd though, to replace Malone's size. Aside from that, it's an excellent proposal. Rarely does an offer this fair get posted on HFBoards.

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Shane Churla
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Let me stop you right there...hes not. Cory Schneider is. Dont believe the hype. Hes still available.

And your trade proposal is quite possibly one of the worst I have seen. And thats damn impressive.
I'd agree with you however Canucks are keeping him as the fans in Vancouver would riot if they traded Schneider and kept Luongo. Luongo also wants out of Vancouver and has asked for a trade.

I don't think my proposal is bad.

Ballard is a very serviceable defenseman but he just doesn't fit this team. Our coach hates him and gives him little rope to play with. When he was given more icetime in this years playoffs he was one of our better D-men. I think he would excel in Tampa Bay like he did in Florida

Malone is a cap dump and is underachieving and Hedman for Luongo is more than a fair trade. If a 2nd doesn't come close to getting the deal done then I would consider our 1st but thats pushing it. I could also see us throwing in Raymond to sweeten the pot if Yzerman wanted another piece to finalize the trade.

Shane Churla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
I'd agree with you however Canucks are keeping him as the fans in Vancouver would riot if they traded Schneider and kept Luongo. Luongo also wants out of Vancouver and has asked for a trade.

Ballard is a very serviceable defenseman but he just doesn't fit this team. Our coach hates him and gives him little rope to play with. When he was given more icetime in this years playoffs he was one of our better D-men. I think he would excel in Tampa Bay like he did in Florida

Malone is a cap dump and is underachieving and Hedman for Luongo is more than a fair trade. If a 2nd doesn't come close to getting the deal done then I would consider our 1st but thats pushing it. I could also see us throwing in Raymond to sweeten the pot if Yzerman wanted another piece to finalize the trade.
Your trade is bad because your putting in pieces that Vancouver or the fans want to move for ones Yzerman doesn't want to. Malone is far from an underachieving cap dump and there's no way Yzerman trades away Hedman. He's our most valuable defenseman and is a cornerstone of this team and will be for years and years. Add in another former top draft pick who is only 19 and it goes from bad to worse. If that is what it really takes to get Luongo, Yzerman will easily go elsewhere.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:50 PM
DeeperMBC

Luongo and Canucks 1st. For Malone. Det. 1st. And Tampa 2nd
Flame away.

DeeperMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:03 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:

Oooo wrong again. Luongo has NOT asked for a trade. Regardless of what the rumor mongers have you to believe.

And strike three. Malone is not an underachieving cap dump. Not even close.

Thanks for playing, your consolation prize is to return back to the Canuks board where your fantasies come true!

Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote