HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 11:40 PM
  #76
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 3,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
I'd offer up Connolly and the DET first for Schneider. The Lightning need him.
This seems to be the go to deal around here for Schneider. Problem is Canuck's fans think they deserve our first instead of Detroit's plus a little something extra. He's not worth a potential top-line scorer, a top-10 pick, and another piece.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:25 AM
  #77
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Big Naissak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton, Canucks.
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
This seems to be the go to deal around here for Schneider. Problem is Canuck's fans think they deserve our first instead of Detroit's plus a little something extra. He's not worth a potential top-line scorer, a top-10 pick, and another piece.
As a canuck fan I would want something like:

To Tampa: Schneider, 1st, Sauve and Raymond

To Van: Your 1st, Connolly, Nikita Kucherov

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
  #78
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grags2Kass View Post
As a canuck fan I would want something like:

To Tampa: Schneider, 1st, Sauve and Raymond

To Van: Your 1st, Connolly, Nikita Kucherov
2 top 10 picks? Plus Kucherov? **** that

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:24 AM
  #79
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
How about the rights to Anton But?

Don't like that? Too bad.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
  #80
ThunderRoad
Registered User
 
ThunderRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Garon did well, but he definitely proved that he isn't a #1. It's not a slam, he's just not suited to that many games. He's a backup, a good one, but still a backup. And I don't think you can say that they just let Smith walk away. He was offered a contract, he took the better money, starting situation and better team in Phoenix. I'm happy for him, but he wasn't ever going to have those kinds of numbers playing behind our D.
Agree with this about Smith, but is anyone else concerned that any goaltender we acquire, especially if Tampa gives up a premium price (as it will take to get Schneider or Bernier), will falter once placed in a Lightning uniform? At least for the initial period as fixing Tampa's defensive issues doesn't seem like it will be a quick fix, although if there is some miracle that can happen during the offseason that would be nice...

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:44 AM
  #81
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,695
vCash: 500
Only way we should trade Connelly plus our 1st is for Schneider plus Tanev.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
  #82
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,741
vCash: 500
NO.

we're NOT trading OUR 1st... Yzerman wants to build through the draft and that involves OUR 1st pick


Last edited by Vasilevskiy: 04-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
  #83
Jaffray15
Registered User
 
Jaffray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Your team didnt make the playoffs because of goaltending this season. It was never addressed after Roloson started struggling, so I would put the blame on Yzerman for not making it to the post-season this year.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:20 AM
  #84
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray15 View Post
Your team didnt make the playoffs because of goaltending this season. It was never addressed after Roloson started struggling, so I would put the blame on Yzerman for not making it to the post-season this year.
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
  #85
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.
Exactly. Nobody is exactly just giving away #1 goalies.

You can't put all the blame on goaltending although it was a big problem. A lot of players disappointed this past season, we had numerous injuries, special teams went from top 10 to bottom 10, we were missing a coach, etc.. so there's enough blame to go around. All in all we were still very close to making to playoffs. We won as many games at home as we did last year and we have as many wins as the Panthers do. The difference in points between the Panthers and us is they have 18 OT losses.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
  #86
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
NO.

we're NOT trading OUR 1st... Schneider wants to build through the draft and that involves OUR 1st pick
So Schneider is going to be our Goalie and GM next year? Hope he's better than Snow. I know Yzerman wants to build through the draft but you wouldn't trade a pick that's gonna be around 10 for a #1 Goalie? If we keep the pick we are gonna take a D who is gonna be at least 2 years away, with our roster we can't wait that long, Tanev is ready now and playing top 4 minutes. Connelly is currently 3rd line and we have 3 other RW that are in front of him.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
  #87
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So Schneider is going to be our Goalie and GM next year? Hope he's better than Snow. I know Yzerman wants to build through the draft but you wouldn't trade a pick that's gonna be around 10 for a #1 Goalie? If we keep the pick we are gonna take a D who is gonna be at least 2 years away, with our roster we can't wait that long, Tanev is ready now and playing top 4 minutes. Connelly is currently 3rd line and we have 3 other RW that are in front of him.
I don't know who Connelly is, but 1 of those 3 RWers in front of him must be Connolly.

I can't see us moving that top 10 pick. Right now we don't know exactly where we're picking but there's a good chance we come out with a top flight prospect. That's a pick you hold onto. Detroit's 1st rounder still holds a lot of value that we could use to package in a trade.


Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 04-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
  #88
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So Schneider is going to be our Goalie and GM next year? Hope he's better than Snow. I know Yzerman wants to build through the draft but you wouldn't trade a pick that's gonna be around 10 for a #1 Goalie? If we keep the pick we are gonna take a D who is gonna be at least 2 years away, with our roster we can't wait that long, Tanev is ready now and playing top 4 minutes. Connelly is currently 3rd line and we have 3 other RW that are in front of him.

Edited my post

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
  #89
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,562
vCash: 50
I came across an article today... It's funny, because I thought Rick Nash would be traded to Vancouver because they desperately need a power-forward. It was interesting to read in this article(it was written a few months ago), that the 'Nucks only started Schneider against us because it was a friendly invitation to SFY to see what he could do.

But, Bugsy is a power forward. The Canucks need a power-forward. The Bolts need a goaltender.

While I will be the first to say don't trade Malone, I really do think it's necessary in this case. Let's face it: Bugsy is made of glass practically. He does put up decent numbers, but, so does Schneider. I am a huge Malone fan and would hate to see him go, but, if it's for that number one 'tender, I would say that it's a necessary evil. Flame away.

Tl;dr: Malone for Schneider. Straight up.

http://west.thecheckingline.com/blog...bay-first-many

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
  #90
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions
 
NucksOnly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
I came across an article today... It's funny, because I thought Rick Nash would be traded to Vancouver because they desperately need a power-forward. It was interesting to read in this article(it was written a few months ago), that the 'Nucks only started Schneider against us because it was a friendly invitation to SFY to see what he could do.

But, Bugsy is a power forward. The Canucks need a power-forward. The Bolts need a goaltender.

While I will be the first to say don't trade Malone, I really do think it's necessary in this case. Let's face it: Bugsy is made of glass practically. He does put up decent numbers, but, so does Schneider. I am a huge Malone fan and would hate to see him go, but, if it's for that number one 'tender, I would say that it's a necessary evil. Flame away.

Tl;dr: Malone for Schneider. Straight up.

http://west.thecheckingline.com/blog...bay-first-many
Want nothing to do with Malone.

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
  #91
ThunderRoad
Registered User
 
ThunderRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
I came across an article today... It's funny, because I thought Rick Nash would be traded to Vancouver because they desperately need a power-forward. It was interesting to read in this article(it was written a few months ago), that the 'Nucks only started Schneider against us because it was a friendly invitation to SFY to see what he could do.

But, Bugsy is a power forward. The Canucks need a power-forward. The Bolts need a goaltender.

While I will be the first to say don't trade Malone, I really do think it's necessary in this case. Let's face it: Bugsy is made of glass practically. He does put up decent numbers, but, so does Schneider. I am a huge Malone fan and would hate to see him go, but, if it's for that number one 'tender, I would say that it's a necessary evil. Flame away.

Tl;dr: Malone for Schneider. Straight up.

http://west.thecheckingline.com/blog...bay-first-many
Would have to get Malone to agree to a trade and to waive his clause, and if even a small percentage of the trade rumors swirling around Malone over the years have been true, he definitely hasn't been on board with that.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  #92
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad View Post
Would have to get Malone to agree to a trade and to waive his clause, and if even a small percentage of the trade rumors swirling around Malone over the years have been true, he definitely hasn't been on board with that.
You don't think he would waive to be on one of the best teams in the league?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
  #93
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Want nothing to do with Malone.

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.
Detroits first, maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
You don't think he would waive to be on one of the best teams in the league?
No. Has nothing to do with the team or city, he just likes being in Tampa.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  #94
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,562
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Detroits first, maybe.

No. Has nothing to do with the team or city, he just likes being in Tampa.
But so did Kuby.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
  #95
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,734
vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
But so did Kuby.
Way different circumstances since Kubina was a UFA.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
  #96
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Want nothing to do with Malone.

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.
We want nothing to do with Sauve, how bout our 1st + Purcell + Philly 2nd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
  #97
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We want nothing to do with Sauve, how bout our 1st + Purcell + Philly 2nd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond?
Want nothing to do with Raymond.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:58 PM
  #98
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions
 
NucksOnly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
We want nothing to do with Sauve, how bout our 1st + Purcell + Philly 2nd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond?

Hmmm...interesting. I might do it if was K-conn instead of Tanev.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
  #99
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions
 
NucksOnly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Detroits first, maybe.

No. Has nothing to do with the team or city, he just likes being in Tampa.
Detroit's first is pretty much a second in my eyes.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:01 PM
  #100
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
May Ray and Dana Tyrell on the same line would be some good fun...all kinds of speed and pucks flying everywhere BUT into the net.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.