HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Old
04-03-2012, 11:40 PM
chasespace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
I'd offer up Connolly and the DET first for Schneider. The Lightning need him.
This seems to be the go to deal around here for Schneider. Problem is Canuck's fans think they deserve our first instead of Detroit's plus a little something extra. He's not worth a potential top-line scorer, a top-10 pick, and another piece.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Big Naissak
4 8 15 16 23 42

Send a message via Skype™ to Big Naissak
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
This seems to be the go to deal around here for Schneider. Problem is Canuck's fans think they deserve our first instead of Detroit's plus a little something extra. He's not worth a potential top-line scorer, a top-10 pick, and another piece.
As a canuck fan I would want something like:

To Tampa: Schneider, 1st, Sauve and Raymond

To Van: Your 1st, Connolly, Nikita Kucherov

Big Naissak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grags2Kass View Post
As a canuck fan I would want something like:

To Tampa: Schneider, 1st, Sauve and Raymond

To Van: Your 1st, Connolly, Nikita Kucherov
2 top 10 picks? Plus Kucherov? **** that

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

How about the rights to Anton But?

Don't like that? Too bad.

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
ThunderRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Garon did well, but he definitely proved that he isn't a #1. It's not a slam, he's just not suited to that many games. He's a backup, a good one, but still a backup. And I don't think you can say that they just let Smith walk away. He was offered a contract, he took the better money, starting situation and better team in Phoenix. I'm happy for him, but he wasn't ever going to have those kinds of numbers playing behind our D.
Agree with this about Smith, but is anyone else concerned that any goaltender we acquire, especially if Tampa gives up a premium price (as it will take to get Schneider or Bernier), will falter once placed in a Lightning uniform? At least for the initial period as fixing Tampa's defensive issues doesn't seem like it will be a quick fix, although if there is some miracle that can happen during the offseason that would be nice...

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:44 AM
HoseEmDown

Only way we should trade Connelly plus our 1st is for Schneider plus Tanev.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

NO.

we're NOT trading OUR 1st... Yzerman wants to build through the draft and that involves OUR 1st pick

Last edited by Vasilevskiy: 04-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Your team didnt make the playoffs because of goaltending this season. It was never addressed after Roloson started struggling, so I would put the blame on Yzerman for not making it to the post-season this year.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray15 View Post
Your team didnt make the playoffs because of goaltending this season. It was never addressed after Roloson started struggling, so I would put the blame on Yzerman for not making it to the post-season this year.
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.

Benders Lindyhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.
Exactly. Nobody is exactly just giving away #1 goalies.

You can't put all the blame on goaltending although it was a big problem. A lot of players disappointed this past season, we had numerous injuries, special teams went from top 10 to bottom 10, we were missing a coach, etc.. so there's enough blame to go around. All in all we were still very close to making to playoffs. We won as many games at home as we did last year and we have as many wins as the Panthers do. The difference in points between the Panthers and us is they have 18 OT losses.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
NO.

we're NOT trading OUR 1st... Schneider wants to build through the draft and that involves OUR 1st pick
So Schneider is going to be our Goalie and GM next year? Hope he's better than Snow. I know Yzerman wants to build through the draft but you wouldn't trade a pick that's gonna be around 10 for a #1 Goalie? If we keep the pick we are gonna take a D who is gonna be at least 2 years away, with our roster we can't wait that long, Tanev is ready now and playing top 4 minutes. Connelly is currently 3rd line and we have 3 other RW that are in front of him.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
So Schneider is going to be our Goalie and GM next year? Hope he's better than Snow. I know Yzerman wants to build through the draft but you wouldn't trade a pick that's gonna be around 10 for a #1 Goalie? If we keep the pick we are gonna take a D who is gonna be at least 2 years away, with our roster we can't wait that long, Tanev is ready now and playing top 4 minutes. Connelly is currently 3rd line and we have 3 other RW that are in front of him.
I don't know who Connelly is, but 1 of those 3 RWers in front of him must be Connolly.

I can't see us moving that top 10 pick. Right now we don't know exactly where we're picking but there's a good chance we come out with a top flight prospect. That's a pick you hold onto. Detroit's 1st rounder still holds a lot of value that we could use to package in a trade.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 04-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:

Edited my post

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
I came across an article today... It's funny, because I thought Rick Nash would be traded to Vancouver because they desperately need a power-forward. It was interesting to read in this article(it was written a few months ago), that the 'Nucks only started Schneider against us because it was a friendly invitation to SFY to see what he could do.

But, Bugsy is a power forward. The Canucks need a power-forward. The Bolts need a goaltender.

While I will be the first to say don't trade Malone, I really do think it's necessary in this case. Let's face it: Bugsy is made of glass practically. He does put up decent numbers, but, so does Schneider. I am a huge Malone fan and would hate to see him go, but, if it's for that number one 'tender, I would say that it's a necessary evil. Flame away.

Tl;dr: Malone for Schneider. Straight up.

http://west.thecheckingline.com/blog...bay-first-many

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wiserman View Post
I came across an article today... It's funny, because I thought Rick Nash would be traded to Vancouver because they desperately need a power-forward. It was interesting to read in this article(it was written a few months ago), that the 'Nucks only started Schneider against us because it was a friendly invitation to SFY to see what he could do.

But, Bugsy is a power forward. The Canucks need a power-forward. The Bolts need a goaltender.

While I will be the first to say don't trade Malone, I really do think it's necessary in this case. Let's face it: Bugsy is made of glass practically. He does put up decent numbers, but, so does Schneider. I am a huge Malone fan and would hate to see him go, but, if it's for that number one 'tender, I would say that it's a necessary evil. Flame away.

Want nothing to do with Malone.

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
ThunderRoad

Quote:

Would have to get Malone to agree to a trade and to waive his clause, and if even a small percentage of the trade rumors swirling around Malone over the years have been true, he definitely hasn't been on board with that.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad View Post
Would have to get Malone to agree to a trade and to waive his clause, and if even a small percentage of the trade rumors swirling around Malone over the years have been true, he definitely hasn't been on board with that.
You don't think he would waive to be on one of the best teams in the league?

Old
04-04-2012, 02:32 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.
Detroits first, maybe.
Quote:
You don't think he would waive to be on one of the best teams in the league?
No. Has nothing to do with the team or city, he just likes being in Tampa.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:48 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Detroits first, maybe.

But so did Kuby.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
But so did Kuby.
Way different circumstances since Kubina was a UFA.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post

1st rd 2012 and Purcell
for
Schneider and Sauve.
We want nothing to do with Sauve, how bout our 1st + Purcell + Philly 2nd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond?

Old
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
We want nothing to do with Sauve, how bout our 1st + Purcell + Philly 2nd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond?
Want nothing to do with Raymond.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 04:58 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:

Hmmm...interesting. I might do it if was K-conn instead of Tanev.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Detroits first, maybe.

Detroit's first is pretty much a second in my eyes.

Old
04-04-2012, 05:01 PM
zeykshade

May Ray and Dana Tyrell on the same line would be some good fun...all kinds of speed and pucks flying everywhere BUT into the net.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote