HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2012, 05:25 PM
  #101
OG Kuch
Registered User
 
OG Kuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Detroit's first is pretty much a second in my eyes.
Until Nashville ousts them in the 1st round.

OG Kuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
  #102
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates
 
Bish Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,142
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Detroit's first is pretty much a second in my eyes.
HF Logic.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:49 PM
  #103
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Hmmm...interesting. I might do it if was K-conn instead of Tanev.
Why do Van fans keep trying to give us there B prospects? We don't need K-Conn have enough LHD already. We would want a somewhat proven player in Tanev for what we're offering. To any TB fan who doesn't want Raymond explain why not? We have 1 true LW on our team.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
  #104
Jaffray15
Registered User
 
Jaffray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I love this, it's always stated as a definitive fact. I can say that if our PP hadn't been a black hole of suckitude, the Bolts would have made the playoffs, it's just as true.

Goaltending was bad, no arguement there. Defense was horrendous and that made it worse. Lightning goalies faced an average of 31 SA/game and the team averaged 22SF/game. That's bad team D.

And who exactly was Yzerman supposed to get once Roli started struggling. Canucks and Kings weren't going to trade off their back offs during the season. Another retread? Turco? He's been wonderful for Boston. Fact is, we were still in the playoff hunt until Garon was injured. It wasn't a given or maybe even likely, but he was playing well and the guys were playing better in front of him.
If you look at the stats from last season, scoring wasnt a big problem for the Lightning this season, it was goaltending and defense. Less then 20 GF difference with games to go and a whopping 30+ GA difference and a few games left. Again, my point being was that if goaltending was better(Re-signing Roloson turned out to be a bad move by Stevie Y), they very much would of likely made the playoffs.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:27 PM
  #105
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions
 
NucksOnly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Why do Van fans keep trying to give us there B prospects? We don't need K-Conn have enough LHD already. We would want a somewhat proven player in Tanev for what we're offering. To any TB fan who doesn't want Raymond explain why not? We have 1 true LW on our team.
It wasn't my idea to add Raymond and K-Conn has improved every year that he's been in AHL, he's only 21.

Latest article I can find on him. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Co...#ixzz1kdo8JAux

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  #106
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NucksOnly View Post
Detroit's first is pretty much a second in my eyes.
Then perhaps you should focus on the "first" part. If the pick is before 31st, then it's a first rounder.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
  #107
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray15 View Post
If you look at the stats from last season, scoring wasnt a big problem for the Lightning this season, it was goaltending and defense. Less then 20 GF difference with games to go and a whopping 30+ GA difference and a few games left. Again, my point being was that if goaltending was better(Re-signing Roloson turned out to be a bad move by Stevie Y), they very much would of likely made the playoffs.
So by your logic if our D was better with our current goalies we'd be in the playoffs right now. So why not fix the D for free instead of overpay for a possible #1 goalie?

And as for Roloson, hindsight is 20/20.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
  #108
Jaffray15
Registered User
 
Jaffray15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
So by your logic if our D was better with our current goalies we'd be in the playoffs right now. So why not fix the D for free instead of overpay for a possible #1 goalie?

And as for Roloson, hindsight is 20/20.
Your D is only good as goaltending. Look at Roloson stats and compare him to other teams with high GA. In today's NHL you can't have a Save% of under 900.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:46 PM
  #109
HotPaquette
Registered User
 
HotPaquette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
How about Tampa's first and two seconds for Schneider?

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 02:59 PM
  #110
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
How about Tampa's first and two seconds for Schneider?
Youre not getting TBs first by itself for Schneider. Let alone two seconds as well.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:06 PM
  #111
HotPaquette
Registered User
 
HotPaquette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Youre not getting TBs first by itself for Schneider. Let alone two seconds as well.
I am assuming that our first is outside the top 10 as it seems there is a major drop off in talent after that. I feel that if this is what we have to pay to get Schneider then this seems fair. We are talking about
getting a possible #1 goalie for us without giving up proven NHL players.

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:40 PM
  #112
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,440
vCash: 900
Can't see our 1st PLUS 2 2nd round... maybe 1st + 2nd late (if the trade was involving only schneider and not other nucks players)

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:49 PM
  #113
HotPaquette
Registered User
 
HotPaquette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Can't see our 1st PLUS 2 2nd round... maybe 1st + 2nd late (if the trade was involving only schneider and not other nucks players)
Colorado was said to have offered the same deal that they gave up for Varlamov to Vancouver for Schneider and his value has only risen.

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 03:57 PM
  #114
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
Colorado was said to have offered the same deal that they gave up for Varlamov to Vancouver for Schneider and his value has only risen.
Thats all speculation though. I have yet to see any confirmed info on this.


I wouldn't be surprised to see our 1st (plus other stuff) used to trade for Schneider though. Think about it, what could we possibly use that pick for that would have a bigger impact than Schneider? Where I think the line is drawn is trading current players. Some people seem to think Connolly or Hedman would be going the other way, which is ridiculous (IMHO).

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  #115
HotPaquette
Registered User
 
HotPaquette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sarasota, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Assuming the best d-prospects are off the board (Murray, Dumba, Trouba, Reinhart) it could be a good move to trade our first.

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 04:25 PM
  #116
VanTampaFan
Registered User
 
VanTampaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
this is not a homer perspective here:

i think that you will be surprised by what schneider brings.

For example, I would argue that Schneider's value is higher than Hodgsons. And Hodgson was traded for Kassian (top 15 pick who is developing well) and MA Gragnani (think a 25 yr old MAB with more upside).

Schneider is definitely worth the TB 1st alone, and likely more.

VanTampaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 07:07 PM
  #117
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee88 View Post
this is not a homer perspective here:

i think that you will be surprised by what schneider brings.

For example, I would argue that Schneider's value is higher than Hodgsons. And Hodgson was traded for Kassian (top 15 pick who is developing well) and MA Gragnani (think a 25 yr old MAB with more upside).

Schneider is definitely worth the TB 1st alone, and likely more.
I can see why you think he's worth our first, but I don't agree with the assessment. Is he good? Yes. But you don't know for sure how he'll handle a true #1 job and if we're giving up a top-10 pick I'd like something more concrete than just "Looks good as a backup and has the POTENTIAL to be a #1".

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:07 AM
  #118
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 16,331
vCash: 134
Considering where our first is, I would have no problems if SFY decided to move it in a package for Schneider. We would still have plenty of picks to fill out the cupboards a bit, and unless one of the stud defensemen fall to us like Fowler fell a few years ago, I don't think the value of the pick is as high as the value of a solid goalie.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:43 AM
  #119
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
If we can't trade up to get Trouba or Reilly falls to us then we should trade, 1st + Connelly + 3rd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond. I know everybody says Connelly is untouchable but with Purcell having a break out year, Brown looking pretty good so far and Marty not going anywhere for at least 2 more years I think we can move Connelly for the right pieces. I know 2 top ten picks is a lot to give up for a back up goalie and a defenseman who is having a good first year but it's our biggest weakness so we have to give to get. Raymond adds a LW with speed and much needed grit when healthy.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 01:36 PM
  #120
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,440
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
If we can't trade up to get Trouba or Reilly falls to us then we should trade, 1st + Connelly + 3rd for Schneider + Tanev + Raymond. I know everybody says Connelly is untouchable but with Purcell having a break out year, Brown looking pretty good so far and Marty not going anywhere for at least 2 more years I think we can move Connelly for the right pieces. I know 2 top ten picks is a lot to give up for a back up goalie and a defenseman who is having a good first year but it's our biggest weakness so we have to give to get. Raymond adds a LW with speed and much needed grit when healthy.
We could and should get something better than Tanev or Raymond for Connolly

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:44 PM
  #121
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
We could and should get something better than Tanev or Raymond for Connolly
What do you feel we can get for Connelly? It's also not a straight Connelly for Tanev or Raymond swap. I'm sure Van is gonna want more than the 10 pick for Schneider, so Connelly is extra plus we get a potential top 4 D who's also RH. Raymond is pretty much for the 3rd and we get his RFA rights.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
  #122
Felonious Python
Moderator
TyJo
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 14,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
Colorado was said to have offered the same deal that they gave up for Varlamov to Vancouver for Schneider and his value has only risen.
The Avs also play in the same division.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:54 PM
  #123
nhljohnson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
If Yzerman has a chance to get Schneider, I highly doubt he will draw the line at the Lightning's 1st. No doubt he'd love to swing Detroit's 1st and a couple 2nds but if the Canucks are adamant at wanting the Lightning's 1st, I suspect he'll be game.

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  #124
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,440
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
What do you feel we can get for Connelly? It's also not a straight Connelly for Tanev or Raymond swap. I'm sure Van is gonna want more than the 10 pick for Schneider, so Connelly is extra plus we get a potential top 4 D who's also RH. Raymond is pretty much for the 3rd and we get his RFA rights.
If I were to trade Connolly I would look for a young defense-man... like Orlov in the Capitals, or Ellis/Josi in Nashville. (not saying those are available, just what I would want).
I don't see Tanev as a top-4 D. in the future, but I could be wrong

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  #125
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
If I were to trade Connolly I would look for a young defense-man... like Orlov in the Capitals, or Ellis/Josi in Nashville. (not saying those are available, just what I would want).
I don't see Tanev as a top-4 D. in the future, but I could be wrong
I think Ellis/Josi have more potential and offensive upside but Tanev but I don't see us trading Connelly unless we get a goalie back and so that's where Tanev comes in. He's playing close to top 4 minutes on the best team in the league so he can't be that bad, plus he's more of a shutdown D and we need someone like cause our D was so bad. I also think he'll make Brewer not look so bad.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.