HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Not Bashing Lou.. just a question...

Old
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
dhabums*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
If the Sedins don't score again do we run them out of town?
If we have 2 guys that are cheaper and younger in the organization that appear to be able to step in and do the job as well? Hell yes. Keeping both goalies is not a long term possibility, so you're going to need to choose one sooner or later.

If you can make moves to make the team BETTER, you do it. Better does not include draining the organization of players and picks to get an overpaid Rick Nash.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
VanEric

I think Luongo takes way too much **** but if we ever move him, that's cool, I'll just follow his career with what team he's on and continue to cheer for the Canucks to win.

You put Luongo on Tampa and they're legitimate Cup contenders again overnight.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:21 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
NTC? Gillis has been crystal clear that he will not request a player to waive a NTC. He has said this a number of occasions including:
Transcript: Mike Gillis Teleconference
by Alanah McGinley on 02/23/09 at 04:34 PM ET

Q. Youíve seen how other GMs have dealt with players with no-trade clauses. How have you and how might you do things differently in discussions with those players at this time of the season?

MIKE GILLIS: Well, you know, having been on the playerís side for a number of years, I know that there is a quid pro quo that goes along with no-trade or no-movement clauses. The players are making a commitment to that city and team for a variety of reasons. Thereís a price to be paid for that commitment and the security of not moving.

My philosophy has always been not to waive a no-trade clause. If a player comes to us and is dissatisfied or feels they might have a better opportunity elsewhere, obviously we would listen and try to accommodate those wishes.

But I am not going to ask a player to waive a no-trade. If we felt that there was dissatisfaction on the playerís part, we would perhaps discuss what his wishes would be. But that would be the extent of it."
In Luongo's case the NTC applies to the team until 2016-17 (seven years in to the deal) - after that he can be traded.
http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id...5-6c328be5e1d1

I am unsure why people keep proposing fantasy trades involving Luongo since he is under a NTC.
Sums it up. Same reason there hasn't been any Malhotra rumors regardless of how he played since his injury/cap hit. Anyone with NTC/NMC will not be traded unless they ask to be traded.

As far as Luo is concern, in a fantasy world where MG ask him to waive his NTC, you imagine the only team he would go to and need a goalie = TBL. One horse race = hard to get fair value unless SY really wants him bad enough.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote