HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#68 | SABRES at BRUINS | THU MAR 8 | 7:00PM ET

Old
03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

vCash: 500
are people just going to complain about the Kassian trade every time a team plays us physical and succeeds? Kassian didn't make us dramatically tougher like people seem to think.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Sorry guys

How was Coho? I noticed he only had 14 minutes and thought he was in Vancouver again.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Washington wins in OT after another defensive breakdown by Tampa. Two of the more egregious breakdowns I've seen in awhile by Tampa late in that game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
are people just going to complain about the Kassian trade every time a team plays us physical and succeeds? Kassian didn't make us dramatically tougher like people seem to think.
Nah I'm already getting bored talking about it, I'll let the results speak for themselves over the next several years. All of my whining will be focused on getting a new GM this summer though.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBunny View Post
Sorry guys

How was Coho? I noticed he only had 14 minutes and thought he was in Vancouver again.
He played like a man who is heartbroken over the trade, and homesick for Vancouver. By the sounds of the girls screaming for him in Vancouver, I can't say I blame him. He better pull it together QUICK for the Sabres sake, because they already have way too many passengers.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Nah I'm already getting bored talking about it, I'll let the results speak for themselves over the next several years. All of my whining will be focused on getting a new GM this summer though.
That wont happen...but they need to find someone who cares

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He played like a man who is heartbroken over the trade, and homesick for Vancouver. By the sounds of the girls screaming for him in Vancouver, I can't say I blame him. He better pull it together QUICK for the Sabres sake, because they already have way too many passengers.
You're so damn dramatic.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:43 PM
RockEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
And Kassian would have prevented that?

Kassian didn't make this team anymore physical than it is now.
Trust me guys, I've heard passing is bad on the team.... look, Cody's passing and ice sense were freaking ridiculous in Vancouver after his injury problems were solved. I've watched hockey since the 70's and I really know the game. This kid has talent up the wazoo...his passing is equal to his shot which is already very good (See his goal in Boston where Thomas didn't even budge). For his age, its rare to see a player with such developed skills already. But he made some passing plays this year that made my jaw drop. And that is a product of pure hockey sense. The kid is the real deal. And you guys will have him captain your team some day.

He may not be showing a lot yet for you guys but trust me, it will come.

RockEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBunny View Post
Sorry guys

I would tell you he's been underwhelming but refrain lest everyone jump down my throat for being a Kassian fanboy and an enemy of quality center depth.

But yeah, 0 points in 6 games centering our second scoring line kind of speaks for itself. I don't really notice him that much to be honest.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:45 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockEm View Post
Trust me guys, I've heard passing is bad on the team.... look, Cody's passing and ice sense were freaking ridiculous in Vancouver after his injury problems were solved. I've watched hockey since the 70's and I really know the game. This kid has talent up the wazoo...his passing is equal to his shot which is already very good (See his goal in Boston where Thomas didn't even budge). For his age, its rare to see a player with such developed skills already. But he made some passing plays this year that made my jaw drop. And that is a product of pure hockey sense. The kid is the real deal. And you guys will have him captain your team some day.

I don't doubt it. The kid got placed on the Sabres in the middle of a tough schedule. He needs time to gel with his new teammates. The chemistry isn't there yet.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I would tell you he's been underwhelming but refrain lest everyone jump down my throat for being a Kassian fanboy and an enemy of quality center depth.

But yeah, 0 points in 6 games centering our second scoring line kind of speaks for itself. I don't really notice him that much to be honest.
Rooting for you guys

If it makes you feel any better, Kassian started tailing off after being promoted to the second line. Solid before.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Bieksa#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockEm View Post

He needs time to adjust to a bigger role.

He was playing very sheltered minutes on the Canucks against more inferior quality opposition.

Bieksa#3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:54 PM
RockEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post

He was playing very sheltered minutes on the Canucks against more inferior quality opposition.
Great point. Line 3 means you go against easier opponents, but its just a matter of time for him to adjust. I think he will adjust quickly. Next year, he'll be great for the Sabres.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post

And I have every confidence that he will adjust. He's just simply too talented to not adjust and excel. I can be very patient with young talent or guys who find themselves on a new team. So when asking about CoHo, just be careful who you ask. It may be Kassians boyfriend

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
You're so damn over dramatic.
fixed it for you.

Archer's on! whipee!

Old
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
RockEm

I bet both Kassian and Hodgson will be great players in 5 years. But out of the 2, if I was to predict which one is a can't miss, I'd take Hodgson.

And Kassian gets compared to Lucic but I don't see it. Lucic is a goon out there and Kassian just tries to play big. But Kassian can really skate and when he learns to use his body properly, he should turn out to be a really good player.

Edit: The difference I see in Lucic and Kassian is that Lucic will initiate everything and Kassian will react if necessary.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
fixed it for you.

Archer's on! whipee!
O hell yes, all is forgiven!

Fly Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Please stop. Really.